MLB Friday 9/24

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +7990
5-0 last - I would love to say this was the result of awesome capping but, truth be told, except for the first Cle over and Balt ML I really should have gone 2-3. Stl and LA had no business coming from behind to win and the Cle #2 scored 7 runs in the last two innings to get the over home. They all won but we all know it was really shit house luck. My father always said I would rather be lucky than good and yesterday was proof.

Thanks Ryno, Wise, Cash, and KJ for your kind words. I appreciate it. GL

All x50 each

Stl/Cubs #1 over 7 -140 - Cards are seriously streaking right now and it is tempting to ride them in both ends of this DH but I think the over is safer for these.
Stl/Cubs #2 over 7 -140 - All four starters in these games love to walk tons of batters. You know what walks equal? Runs.
Boston ML +100 - Yankee mystique in Boston? Can't be. NY MUST win to make playoffs? There is no "must" in baseball. Don't kid yourself about that "must" shit. Boston will be trying to send a message to New York if they can. Name game with Cole? He got absolutely hammered in his last. Eovaldi very solid and I "must" definitely take Boston +100 at home.
Toronto ML -140 - Berrios as steady as they come. Ober not bad but won't go many innings. Also, the Jays touched Ober for 4 runs in 4 innings in his very last start.
MLW ML -150 - Megill always very generous with baserunners. There is a name you probably don't know because no one talks about him much but you will probably hear more in the playoffs. Eric Lauer only has a record of 6-5 but he hasn't allowed more than 2 runs in 8 of his last 9 starts and that once he allowed 3 runs. He will go at least 5 solid innings but the Brew Crew bullpen loses it for him. Could happen here too but worth a try at home.
SF ML -170 - The Dodgers went 34-14 since August 1st and only gained 1 game on these Giants. Why? Because SF is pretty damn good. Colo could still have a hangover from giving away yesterdays game to LA. SF fits here.
LA ML -200 - Gonsolin a decent starter when they ask him to step away occasionally from his relief duties. Castellanos will give LA at least 3 runs to start and since most of the AZ players are making tee times that could be enough to get LA home.
Hou/Oak over 7 -140 - Wrote this down and erased it and wrote it back and erased it again. Greinke is one of my favorite pitchers but I think he is pitching hurt. Montas is solid and that's why I couldn't make up my mind here. Decided to go on a hunch and bet the damn over anyway.

Would be happy to go 4-4 today. A quote from one of my favorite baseball movies Summer Catch, "Luck don't last forever Lawn Boy."

GL

Back