MLB Friday 8/9

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +550
1-0 Last

Thanks for the responses Bank, Pirate, and Cash. I appreciate it. GL

Ok so here is a senior moment. My wife and I went out to dinner last night, so I taped the Cinn game. I got the SD game home safely for the first half of my ML parlay so I just needed a way to get Cinn home. I'm watching the tape and sweating through the game until Cinn unloads in extra innings and I can breathe a sigh of relief. I check my balance a little while later to make sure I got paid and I went to bed happy.

I wake up this morning and after I capped the games and placed my bets, I came in here to update my record and post the days picks. But when I look at my pad to do the new post, I see I had written down Seattle not Cinn for my pick. Figuring I just fucked up and wrote down the wrong team on my pad I surely must have posted Cinn as the second leg of my parlay in here. When I went into yesterday's post of course I had posted Seattle not Cinn. The funniest part was I had no idea if Seattle actually won or not so I quickly pulled up the scores and sure enough Seattle won a close one they had to come back in. Apparently, according to the box score, they scored 3 runs in the bottom of the 9th to pull it out. Must have been one helluva game. Wish I had actually picked it. I would have looked like a fucking genius.

Moral of the story is twofold.

One, if it had lost, I would have honored the loss in here because that is what I posted. In my old mod days at Covers folks used to say "But that's not what I meant to post!!!" when they lost. And I'd say you lying motherfucker! Who is dumb enough to post something they didn't bet?

Two, you seriously need to think about betting picks coming from an old fucker like me.

All x50 each

NYY ML -180
KC ML -120
Phil ML -150
LA ML -190

GL

Back