MLB Friday 8/28

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD -59
8-3 last

Editorial - NBA, WNBA, and MLB players listen up...... you fucked up. You took a serious racist situation and by your knee jerk reaction you diminished it instead of helping bring about change. If you truly meant to do more than just lip service to a problem that has plagued this country for hundreds of years then you should have been as serious about your message as the problem is. Instead, you just cancelled a couple of games that you will make up. Big deal. AND you fucking waited for two days to do anything at all. The shooting was Sunday and you didn't do shit until Wednesday when you still didn't do shit. MLB joined you, well some of them did. The others didn't stop their games until yet another day AFTER the NBA already decided they had cured racism in America and all was well enough to return to the almighty playoffs. And the fucking media spewed on and on about how brave you were. And again all the stopped MLB games are being made up in doubleheaders.

Does it sound like I'm mad? You damn right I am. This bullshit set the entire process back. Sports could have made a difference when they have a lot of people's attention. People hungry for sports were paying attention. But not now. No, all they are saying now is "What the fuck was that about?" And the racists pricks are saying "See I told you they don't really care. ALL they care about is getting paid." And to be brutally honest, that really is all it looks like.

I know a lot of these players are just kids. But they are and can be kids with influence. Stop all sports and tell the lawmakers there won't be any sports again until they enact some effective legislation to address this. Quit blaming the others guys and DO something. But instead everyone is laughing at you and a very serious problem gets to be shoved back under the rug because "Don't worry. They don't really mean it. They will be playing again in no time. Regardless of the noises they make they don't really care about more than themselves and their little game."

All x20 all -140

Minn/Det over 6
Minn/Det over 6
Mets/NYY over 7 #1
Mets/NYY over 6 #2
Cl;e/STL over 8 1/2

GL

I ranted about this move as well. These idiot commentators even said, we'll always remember where we were when they boycotted. What??? They boycotted who??? Yea, they boycotted the league who has supported them throughout all of this and gave them a platform. The players think they're going to stop evil in this world and make a change with no plan. They actually think so highly of themselves that people actually care that they're not playing. These guys realized that they walked away from the best asset they had. What I got out of this was these guys actually think they can control society.
All of these professional athletes need to be careful because we're not tuning into sports to get this shoved in our face when we see this all over the news channels. We need outlets and they're dangerously pushing us away.
Let's get a plan in place for accountability for the police force and an accountability plan in place for civilians and be done with this already.

Back