MLB - Friday 8/15

GameHunter

Pretty much a regular
Yesterday: -2.4625 units

An inauspicious start at CTG. Here's what I played today so far:

KANSAS CITY +193 (1.25 UNITS) - How ridiculous is this line? Look closely at how similar these two starting pitchers are:

Pettitte 156 innings, 173 hits, 75 earned runs (4.32 ERA), 17 HR's, 119:41 K:BB ratio, 1.37 WHIP
Meche: 153 innings, 147 hits, 72 earned runs (4.24 ERA), 14 HR's, 121:58 K:BB ratio, 1.34 WHIP

Meanwhile Pettitte is regressing and Meche is progressing.

In Pettitte's last 3 starts, he has lasted just 17.3 innings and allowed 27 hits, 17 earned runs (8.83 ERA) with a 12:8 K:BB ratio. This season against the Roylas, he has tossed 13.3 innings and allowed 15 hits, 11 earned runs (7.43 ERA) with a 4:4 K:BB ratio. Overall the Royals, are 36 for 122 against Pettitte (.295). The Yanks are 3-7 their last 10 and 13-12 since the ALL-sTAR BREAK.

Meche has 12 straight starts of allowing 4 runs or less which means he keeps the Royals in the game. 6 of his last 9 starts have been qulaity starts. In his last 5 starts, he is 4-0 and has thrown 32.7 innings and allowed just 21 hits, 9 earned runs (2.48 ERA) with a 33:16 K:BB ratio.

Neither team has a bullpen advantage.

So the Yanks are 2:1 favorites?

MECHE is 9-0 (+15.3 Units) as a road underdog of +150 to +200 over the last 2 seasons.

At this line, it is impossible for me to ignore the Royals.

PHILLIES -123 (1.5 UNITS) - In Jamie Moyer's last 12 starts, he has allowed 3 runs or less. He turns 46 years old in November. truly amazing.

TEXAS +100 (1.5 UNITS) - With Crawford and Longoria gone, a mediocre offense is a lot worse. With Percival headed to the disabled list again, a solid bullpen is weaker and has been used a lot lately. In Garza's last 4 road starts, he has tossed 24.7 innings and allowed 34 hits, 16 eanred runs (5.84 ERA) with a 16:8 K:BB ratio. Hot weather in Texas and a much more potent lineup should negate pitching deficiencies.

OVER CUBS/FLA 8.5 RUNS (+103) (1.5 UNITS) - Carlos Zambrano's velocity is down and there are rumors about a tired shoulder. I am getting a flashback to this exact time last season. Last year on 8/8, Zambrano was roughed up and in 5.7 innings, he allowed 8 hits and 7 earned runs. It sent him into a tailspin where over a stretch of 5 starts, he threw 28.7 innings and allowed 43 hits and 30 3aenred runs (9/42 ERA). Now to the present. 6 days ago, on 8/9, he lasted 4.3 innings and was shelled for 10 hits and 9 earned runs. Meanwhile Josh Johnson has been solid but not overpowering. In his last 19.7 innings, he has a 10:8 K:BB ratio and this is the second time in three weeks the Cubs will see him. He allowed 10 base runners in 5.3 innings and was fortunate to escape with just 2 runs allowed. In the Cubs' last 8 road games, they have scored 70 runs.

BOSTON -111 (1.25 UNITS) - Paul Byrd has been outstanding since the all-star break. In his 4 starts, he has thrown 29 innings and allowed 25 hits, 4 earned runs (1.24 ERA), with a 12:7 K:BB ratio. He just stopped the BJays in a complete game win for Cleveland where he allowed just 6 hits and 2 earned runs. Roy Halladay comes in off a 130 pitch total, by far is highest of the year and one of the highest in the majors this season. The Sox are curshing the ball. Byrd is 17-8 (+11.3 Units) in the second half of the season over the last 2 seasons. The Jays are 13-18 (-7.9 Units) when Halladay starts against Boston and Halladay has an ERA of 4.31 and a WHIP of 1.282 in those games.

OVER BALT/DET 10.5 (+103) (1.25 UNITS) - Baltimore averages 5.3 runs against lefties with a .289 average and Detroit averages 5.2 runs against lefties with a .277 average. Baltimore is 22-8 OVER against left-handed starters this season and 26-11 OVER (+13.5 Units) in the second half this season. DETROIT is 17-3 OVER (+14.3 Units) in home games after 2 or more consecutive unders over the last 2 seasons. Both bullpens are horrible of late.

PITTSBURGH +136 (1.25 UNITS) - Mets are overpriced here coming off a sweep of lowly Washington. In Pelfrey's last 4 road starts, he has thrown 23 innings and allowed 28 hits, 15 earned runs (5.87 ERA) with a 18:6 K:BB ratio. In his last 3 starts overall, he has thrown 15.3 innings and allowed 24 hits, 13 earned runs (7.63 ERA) with a 9:4 K:BB ratio. He is 21-23 in his career with a 4.68 ERA and is more than capable. In his first start at Philly, he threw 6 solid innings and allowed just 4 hits and no earned runs. The Mets are just 13-12 since the all-star break and are 29-33 on the road while the Bucs are solid at home at 33-28.

UNDER STL/CINCY 1ST 5 INNS 5.5 RUNS (-120) (1.25 UNITS)

-still mulling over a few-

Thoughts are welcome even if they are on opposite sides. :shake:

Last edited:
TEXAS +100 (1.5 UNITS) - With Crawofrd and Longoria gone, a mediocre offense is a lot worse. WIth Percival headed to the bullpen again, a solid bullpen is weaker and has been used a lot lately. In Garza's last 4 road starts, he has tossed 24.7 innings and allowed 34 hits, 16 eanred runs (5.84 ERA) with a 16:8 K:BB ratio. Hot weather in Texas and a much more potent lineup should negate pitching deficiencies.

Should read:

With Crawford and Longoria gone, a mediocre offense is a lot worse. With Percival headed to the disabled list again, a solid bullpen is weaker and has been used a lot lately.

Be careful about Pelfrey, two of his three starts came against the marlins, they own him, and rocked him. Other than that he has been really really good lately.

Be careful about Pelfrey, two of his three starts came against the marlins, they own him, and rocked him. Other than that he has been really really good lately.

I hear ya, but the Mets bullpen is still suspect and they have marginal replacement players at several positions. The price seems high today. :shake:

Should read:

With Crawford and Longoria gone, a mediocre offense is a lot worse. With Percival headed to the disabled list again, a solid bullpen is weaker and has been used a lot lately.

just use the edit feature.. One of the best features over here IMO:shake:

OVER CUBS/FLA 8.5 RUNS (+103) (1.5 UNITS) - Carlos Zambrano's velocity is down and there are rumors about a tired shoulder. I am getting a flashback to this exact time last season. Last year on 8/8, Zambrano was roughed up and in 5.7 innings, he allowed 8 hits and 7 earned runs. It sent him into a tailspin where over a stretch of 5 starts, he threw 28.7 innings and allowed 43 hits and 30 3aenred runs (9/42 ERA). Now to the present. 6 days ago, on 8/9, he lasted 4.3 innings and was shelled for 10 hits and 9 earned runs. Meanwhile Josh Johnson has been solid but not overpowering. In his last 19.7 innings, he has a 10:8 K:BB ratio and this is the second time in three weeks the Cubs will see him. He allowed 10 base runners in 5.3 innings and was fortunate to escape with just 2 runs allowed. In the Cubs' last 8 road games, they have scored 70 runs.

Doesn't Z own an incredible record after getting roughed up the prior start? Cubs can hit their way out of a jam in this one, and I expect Zambrano to improve off of his last start. I hate the road chalk, but don't hate it enough to not bet this one.

Mark me down for the Cubbies. I'm also on the Phillies with geriatric superstar Moyer on the mound.

Doesn't Z own an incredible record after getting roughed up the prior start? Cubs can hit their way out of a jam in this one, and I expect Zambrano to improve off of his last start. I hate the road chalk, but don't hate it enough to not bet this one.

Mark me down for the Cubbies. I'm also on the Phillies with geriatric superstar Moyer on the mound.

Those bounce back starts seem to apply to earlier in the year when his arm is fresh and he is resilient. Last season he posted 6 out of 12 quality starts after bad outings. Last August he got shelled 5 straight starts.

noticed that too about Z last year when he had that awful run, problem right now is florida has no confidence at the plate

hmm...i will have to figure out how to do that...seems like a great feature...thanks....:shake:

Easy, just go to the box you want to edit , press edit button, make changes, press save button at bottom.. Presto..

Great for correcting typos etc. and alot of us keep the first window updated as we add plays throughout the day.. That way one doesn't have to scroll through the entire thread to get updated plays.. Stroll the grounds, you'll see several guys that do that.:shake:

Those bounce back starts seem to apply to earlier in the year when his arm is fresh and he is resilient. Last season he posted 6 out of 12 quality starts after bad outings. Last August he got shelled 5 straight starts.

He was hurt last August. He is not hurt now.. Go back to 06, also when he wasn't hurt.. Typically when he gets shelled, he bounces back very well.. Marlin bats are terrible right now. Got only 10 runs in 4 games against cards. Ugla struggling as well as the entire middle

Health on this play bro but I don't see it at all. I could see Z throwing a shut out or going very deep. Just one mans opinion. No offense meant. Perhaps the Cubs can cover it themselves but hoping Z blows up again is a big gamble..

He was hurt last August. He is not hurt now.. Go back to 06, also when he wasn't hurt.. Typically when he gets shelled, he bounces back very well.. Marlin bats are terrible right now. Got only 10 runs in 4 games against cards. Ugla struggling as well as the entire middle

Health on this play bro but I don't see it at all. I could see Z throwing a shut out or going very deep. Just one mans opinion. No offense meant. Perhaps the Cubs can cover it themselves but hoping Z blows up again is a big gamble..

If I am completely wrong about Z, hopefully the Cubs score 9 and win 9-0 and we both win. :shake:

another covers long timer joins the crowd at another party; and from the looks of it so far, the drinks are stronger and the food is better at this party! m.pie

GL tonight Game :cheers:

like your card, like the old wolf Moyer in this one as well.

welcome aboard mudpie :shake:

Yesterday: -2.4625 units

An inauspicious start at CTG. Here's what I played today so far:

KANSAS CITY +193 (1.25 UNITS) - How ridiculous is this line? Look closely at how similar these two starting pitchers are:

Pettitte 156 innings, 173 hits, 75 earned runs (4.32 ERA), 17 HR's, 119:41 K:BB ratio, 1.37 WHIP
Meche: 153 innings, 147 hits, 72 earned runs (4.24 ERA), 14 HR's, 121:58 K:BB ratio, 1.34 WHIP

Meanwhile Pettitte is regressing and Meche is progressing.

In Pettitte's last 3 starts, he has lasted just 17.3 innings and allowed 27 hits, 17 earned runs (8.83 ERA) with a 12:8 K:BB ratio. This season against the Roylas, he has tossed 13.3 innings and allowed 15 hits, 11 earned runs (7.43 ERA) with a 4:4 K:BB ratio. Overall the Royals, are 36 for 122 against Pettitte (.295). The Yanks are 3-7 their last 10 and 13-12 since the ALL-sTAR BREAK.

Meche has 12 straight starts of allowing 4 runs or less which means he keeps the Royals in the game. 6 of his last 9 starts have been qulaity starts. In his last 5 starts, he is 4-0 and has thrown 32.7 innings and allowed just 21 hits, 9 earned runs (2.48 ERA) with a 33:16 K:BB ratio.

Neither team has a bullpen advantage.

So the Yanks are 2:1 favorites?

MECHE is 9-0 (+15.3 Units) as a road underdog of +150 to +200 over the last 2 seasons.

At this line, it is impossible for me to ignore the Royals.

PHILLIES -123 (1.5 UNITS) - In Jamie Moyer's last 12 starts, he has allowed 3 runs or less. He turns 46 years old in November. truly amazing.

TEXAS +100 (1.5 UNITS) - With Crawford and Longoria gone, a mediocre offense is a lot worse. With Percival headed to the disabled list again, a solid bullpen is weaker and has been used a lot lately. In Garza's last 4 road starts, he has tossed 24.7 innings and allowed 34 hits, 16 eanred runs (5.84 ERA) with a 16:8 K:BB ratio. Hot weather in Texas and a much more potent lineup should negate pitching deficiencies.

BOSTON -111 (1.25 UNITS) - Paul Byrd has been outstanding since the all-star break. In his 4 starts, he has thrown 29 innings and allowed 25 hits, 4 earned runs (1.24 ERA), with a 12:7 K:BB ratio. He just stopped the BJays in a complete game win for Cleveland where he allowed just 6 hits and 2 earned runs. Roy Halladay comes in off a 130 pitch total, by far is highest of the year and one of the highest in the majors this season. The Sox are curshing the ball. Byrd is 17-8 (+11.3 Units) in the second half of the season over the last 2 seasons. The Jays are 13-18 (-7.9 Units) when Halladay starts against Boston and Halladay has an ERA of 4.31 and a WHIP of 1.282 in those games.

OVER BALT/DET 10.5 (+103) (1.25 UNITS) - Baltimore averages 5.3 runs against lefties with a .289 average and Detroit averages 5.2 runs against lefties with a .277 average. Baltimore is 22-8 OVER against left-handed starters this season and 26-11 OVER (+13.5 Units) in the second half this season. DETROIT is 17-3 OVER (+14.3 Units) in home games after 2 or more consecutive unders over the last 2 seasons. Both bullpens are horrible of late.

PITTSBURGH +136 (1.25 UNITS) - Mets are overpriced here coming off a sweep of lowly Washington. In Pelfrey's last 4 road starts, he has thrown 23 innings and allowed 28 hits, 15 earned runs (5.87 ERA) with a 18:6 K:BB ratio. In his last 3 starts overall, he has thrown 15.3 innings and allowed 24 hits, 13 earned runs (7.63 ERA) with a 9:4 K:BB ratio. He is 21-23 in his career with a 4.68 ERA and is more than capable. In his first start at Philly, he threw 6 solid innings and allowed just 4 hits and no earned runs. The Mets are just 13-12 since the all-star break and are 29-33 on the road while the Bucs are solid at home at 33-28.

UNDER STL/CINCY 1ST 5 INNS 5.5 RUNS (-120) (1.25 UNITS)

-still mulling over a few-

Thoughts are welcome even if they are on opposite sides. :shake:

Is this the GH from the old site?

Nice to see ya bro....Excited for your foots insight!:cheers:

btw Game...

Chasing The Girls = Capping The Game

I hate todays action. Wings and beer tonight.

GL.

btw Game...

Chasing The Girls = Capping The Game

I hate todays action. Wings and beer tonight.

GL.

I am tailing you tonight. Nothing and I mean nothing looks good.Work for me tonight,well I will be at work but the work thing probably won't happen.Might just watch some movies at work and play some spades.:cheers:

GH, was thinking of riding TX with you but at the same time, Millwood off the DL is a scary, scary proposition:

In his last start on July 23 against the Chicago White Sox, Millwood left after 1 2-3 innings with a strained right groin and was placed on the DL three days later. The right-hander made a rehab start for Double-A Frisco on Sunday, and allowed two runs and five hits in four innings.The 12-year veteran went 0-2 with a 8.78 ERA in his final three starts before going on the DL, and has not won since July 6 at Baltimore.Millwood has not faced the Rays since Aug. 23, 2006, and is 1-1 with a 6.63 ERA in three career starts versus Tampa Bay.

Any thoughts on taking the over instead? Any news on Hamilton being in the lineup or not?

Is this the GH from the old site?

Nice to see ya bro....Excited for your foots insight!:cheers:

Good to see you friend.

I was awful in the NFL last year but solid at CFB.

I see a very good spot tomorrow night on Dallas-Denver! Still researching it.

GH, was thinking of riding TX with you but at the same time, Millwood off the DL is a scary, scary proposition:

In his last start on July 23 against the Chicago White Sox, Millwood left after 1 2-3 innings with a strained right groin and was placed on the DL three days later. The right-hander made a rehab start for Double-A Frisco on Sunday, and allowed two runs and five hits in four innings.The 12-year veteran went 0-2 with a 8.78 ERA in his final three starts before going on the DL, and has not won since July 6 at Baltimore.Millwood has not faced the Rays since Aug. 23, 2006, and is 1-1 with a 6.63 ERA in three career starts versus Tampa Bay.

Any thoughts on taking the over instead? Any news on Hamilton being in the lineup or not?

All good points but if Millwood was in normal form and Hamilton in the lineup, I make this game Texas -135-140.

I judge Tampa based upon who they are today. They are missing their two best offensive weapons now in Longoria and Crawford. Percival is headed to the DL and their pen has been used heavily of late. Texas has the stronger lineup even without Hamilton. He is still listed as questionable as he missed yesterday to be with his wife who was giving birth. I have no insight to that situation, but I sure hope if the child was born, his wife would say "go to work honey and hit a home run for our baby!"

It's not like he is in a different city. It's a home game.

Millwood is still a crafty veteran and he was decently effective in his one minor league start last week. With the hot temperatures in Arlington lately, I feel a lot more confident with the stronger offense.

Hamilton expected to be in the lineup tonight GH. Still debating TX or the over. For sure not gonna play TB or the under.

thanks for the welcome men....glad to be here. Game, sure is a lot more pleasant over here, isn't it?

from scores and odds:

TB-CL-Percival-OUT(DL)TEX-OF-Hamilton-Expected to start

I am not only playing this, but may add a unit if Hamilton is definitely in. can anyone confirm this? where are the Texax based folks. know you are out there....find out about the new daddy...if he is in the lineup or not tonight. thanks men

Back