MLB Friday 7/30

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +7405
3-2 last GS lost

Time to fade the Cleveland Indians....Guardians.....Indians....whatever their fucking name is. They just sent a HUGE message to their team yesterday "You are losers and we are going to continue our policy of protecting our payroll." By the way, that message is received loud and clear from their fans as well. While most teams during trading time are trying to help their teams to make a run, the Indians just traded away their second baseman. They have been clearing house for some years now and they call it rebuilding. The fans know it's just being cheap. Now why is this any different than other teams dumping players? Well, there are some steadfast rules when making a trade that you simply don't break.

1. If you trade a player you better have a viable backup. Cleveland now has no player to play second base. Minor leaguer? Like I said, no player at 2nd.
2. If you trade a player get equal value. Lost starting second baseman and got AA pitcher. AA? Not even a AAA player? WTF?
3. If you trade a player trade him to the other league. Cle is an AL team this trade should be with a NL team so he doesn't come back to beat you. Cle player went to AL team.
4. NEVER EVER trade a player to a division rival. Cle player went to the CHW in their division who Cle is behind 9 games but with two whole months to play. And Cle plays the Sox 8 more times starting with a 3 game set tonight in Chi. Have fun there with no 2nd baseman.

This is not lost on the other players. Although they are playing for their individual jobs this will affect them. Unless the guy Cle traded hits the news as a child molester or worse in the next few days this is a classic fuck up of a trade and the White Sox organization should go to jail for stealing.

And if you think this editorial was political, how do I say this diplomatically? Oh, I know, go fuck yourself.

All x50 each

NYY/Mia over 7 -140 - Hunch here. Both pitchers are decent but walk a lot of batters. I think they can find 3-3 for no worse than a push.
Mets ML -130 - Gray has been getting progressively worse getting hammered in his last, Carrasco been out hurt but won't go that many innings anyway. Mets last at bats and low odds. DON'T PITCH TO VOTTO.
CHW ML -200 - I covered this in the writeup above but to make matters worse Mejia is very bad with his 7+ era and Lynn has been unhittable in his last 5 starts. This should have been -300. By the way, I never give runs. I only take them.
LA ML -170 - Gonsolin a solid sort with a very good 2+ era. Gallen severely beaten in his last. Dodgers should take AZ here.

Grand Salami under 140 1/2 -110 x200

GL

Last edited:
Mejia only real bad against lefties. Sox big bats right handed but I hear ya. They had to call him back up

Back