MLB Friday 7/23

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +7916
3-0 last GS won

The Cleveland Guardians, Dumbest fucking name for a professional sports team yet. But I can understand why Cleveland is getting rid of the name "Indians". After all the pain and embarrassment that name has caused Native Americans everywhere. And for the last 100 years. Can you imagine how hard they have fought over the last century to finally get some respect by Americans everywhere to finally get rid of that nickname? Just because Christopher Columbus landed on these shores and the dumb fuck thought he was in India so the name stuck. Let's see, that was like 500 years ago? And worse, numnuts was actually in Cuba. But thank God they have finally changed that name. That should more than make up for the Trail of Tears and the complete screwing these people have endured. Have you ever been on a reservation? Yeah, this should fix the real problem.

But wait..... what about the Florida Seminoles? Why hasn't that name changed? Just because of some bullshit story that the university actually went to the Tribe elders and asked their permission? And the Elders said sure it would honor us? Well, we have to change that name too because obviously "Indians" aren't capable of recognizing when they have been deeply insulted. Jesus wept.

All x50 each

Mets ML -120 - Mets know Matz and that should help. Megill looking solid recently.
Det/KC under 11 -130 - Peralta known by KC but he only allowed 1 run in his last 5 starts. Bubic more of a question but this total seems high to me here.
Oak ML -120 - Montas solid recently and A's play better on the road than they do at home. Kikuchi really struggling.

Grand Salami under 141 1/2 -110 x200

GL

Why do you always spew politics man. The seminoles like having their name the way it is and plenty of Indians wanted Indians to stay. Your takes are obnoxious just keep that shit to yourself

Hey Artie thanks for the reply. I am going to assume you are joking but in case you are not I fail to see how my post today was political. I am sure some people can find me "spewing" politics somewhere in some of my posts but when I just list picks, as I mostly do, I fail to see how that is "always spewing politics". I assume you know I was being sarcastic about the Seminole name and all. I live 30 miles from Cleveland and changing the name was horseshit. No politics involved in that.

As for my posts being obnoxious, I can see where you feel that way. Lots of people do. And if I offended you or your politics I am sorry. However, as for keeping that shit to myself well there, my friend, I am afraid you are out of luck. I say what I feel in my posts and until CTG says I crossed a line, which they haven't in almost 20 years, I will keep posting and saying whatever the fuck I want.

But feel free to come into my posts and give me your opinion. These forums are always much better when we give constructive criticism and feedback like yours to our fellow posters.

I don’t think it was political. The name guardians sucks but it’s better than the Cleveland baseball team eh lol

Hey Artie thanks for the reply. I am going to assume you are joking but in case you are not I fail to see how my post today was political. I am sure some people can find me "spewing" politics somewhere in some of my posts but when I just list picks, as I mostly do, I fail to see how that is "always spewing politics". I assume you know I was being sarcastic about the Seminole name and all. I live 30 miles from Cleveland and changing the name was horseshit. No politics involved in that.

As for my posts being obnoxious, I can see where you feel that way. Lots of people do. And if I offended you or your politics I am sorry. However, as for keeping that shit to myself well there, my friend, I am afraid you are out of luck. I say what I feel in my posts and until CTG says I crossed a line, which they haven't in almost 20 years, I will keep posting and saying whatever the fuck I want.

But feel free to come into my posts and give me your opinion. These forums are always much better when we give constructive criticism and feedback like yours to our fellow posters.

Fuck Artie, Wire.

Keep on doing what you're doing my man.

If he don't like your views all he has to do is don't read 'em, or start his own thread. Just change the channel m'fer...

Gl to u too first of all, but u don’t mean that! Wft is still upsetting. I’ll never stop calling em skins, I would have liked to see Indians go with Cleveland tribe. It has Indian connotations but it means family/community at this point.

Back to biz. No solid opinions for me on your 3 plays. I like a’s or nothing but they are struggling with risp. Took em rl and Got fortunate last nite not gonna push my luck heh. Montas hasn’t given up more than 2 Er in the last 4 starts I believe so he’s been solid.

mets b jays I almost want to go with matz because his numbers at citi were great when he played for ny. But still...mets great at home and usually low scoring games. They have better pen.

Thanks Joco. You make a good point about Matz. But my risk is low so maybe I can sneak that one in. GL

Thanks Inzane. I laughed my ass off because I was thinking exactly what you said about not reading my posts but in all honesty I don't think Artie realized I was being sarcastic about the name change and all. If you reread my post as it is and think it is my truthful opinion I can see where he is coming from. I think he went a bit far with that "always politics" and "obnoxious" bullshit but I obviously touched a nerve and that was not my intention.

I seem to be misunderstood when I am sarcastic. I don't think Artie is one of them but I'm sure there are people that only come into my threads hoping I lost my ass. And I really hate disappointing them every day. Oops. Shit. There goes that sarcasm again. Damn. I'm going to have to work on that. GL

I don't understand the sensitivity about this topic.
Although I am offended by Guardian. Just stupid.

Back