MLB Friday 7/15

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +5740
5-2 last

Thanks Bank. Could be Jays were flat, but baseball is a funny game. Any team can beat any team any day despite obvious deficiencies. The ball just falls in. And, as I have said a million times, you can't "try" in baseball. Your mechanics break down and whether it's hitting, pitching or defense the situation gets worse the more you try. Hopefully they win the next two to take my series bet. But this is another reason why +2 1/2 runs are always a solid bet. KC was -400 at game time yesterday. GL

All x50 each overs -140 unders -130

Mets ML -120 - This is a road favorite steal as far as odds go. Not a sure thing but Mets should win this behind Walker.
Phil/Miami over 6 - Make no mistake Alcantara is no joke and that makes this over risky. But Gibson is very generous, and Philly hit Alcantara for a few runs in an earlier meeting. Worth trying to get that 3-3 at least.
Atlanta ML -150 - Anderson pitched against Wash a week ago in Atlanta and the Braves were favored -200. Corbin pitched against the Braves in that same series and was a -220 dog. The Braves swept that series 3 games to none. I like Atlanta's chances tonight at road favorite odds that are on sale at -150.
Boston +2 1/2 -200 - Montgomery lost to Boston in his last start but to be honest it was the NY bullpen that gave it up as he pitched well. I don't like Eovaldi much but he can keep the Bosox close here. This one is not for the faint of heart.
KC +2 1/2 -120 - Rooting for Jays to win this one for a series parlay but this is pretty good insurance if they fall on their ass again. Greinke not having a great season but he did do well in his last start. Manoah is shaky enough to keep the Royals close.
Detroit +2 1/2 - 200 - Even the oddsmakers don't believe their own bullshit. Plesac is a -190 ML favorite, (I can't imagine why) but I have to go -200 to get + runs? The odds for + runs here should be around -150. When books scream at me to run away from a bet by setting unusually high odds, I always take that bet. Oh, and Hutchison has been very solid recently.
Balt/TB over 7 - Wells is pretty solid but the real question is will Patino pitch more than 2/3 of an inning tonight?
LA ML -170 - Kershaw should get it done.

GL

Crazy you can get +2.5 runs at -120!!!

So when you do a series bet on a 4 game series they just count the 1st 3? I didn’t know that, I assumed you had to win 3 of 4 to cash.

I’m with ya far as anyone can beat anyone, individual baseball games the most random of any sport imo, that why I tend to shy away from juice and mostly flat bet even when I think I like a team more than another! It def not like the other big 3 where shear effort can overcome a lot, as you said “trying harder” just equates to pressing and having less success!!

I was all set to bet the over in the Sox/yanks game but then Sox went from starting Pivetta who yanks crush to Eovaldi who obviously much better. Just sucks I dunno how long they will let him pitch his 1st game back?? He had a rehab start Sunday but only threw 55 pitches so thinking he might be limited to 80ish tonight. They getting Whitlock back in the pen also so I’d imagine he gets some work after Eovaldi, I do like Sox here, just wish it wasn’t counting on couple guys off the IL.

Yes, Bank it's the first 3 in a series. I learned that the hard way because I thought I had a split series once in 4 games but my money was gone. Called the book and gave them holy hell until they told me to read the notes on the bet. Sure enough it was there that only the first 3 count. As much as I say try doesn't work in baseball it's very hard for others to agree with that because in football, basketball, and even hockey try is everything. GL

Yes, Bank it's the first 3 in a series. I learned that the hard way because I thought I had a split series once in 4 games but my money was gone. Called the book and gave them holy hell until they told me to read the notes on the bet. Sure enough it was there that only the first 3 count. As much as I say try doesn't work in baseball it's very hard for others to agree with that because in football, basketball, and even hockey try is everything. GL

If they don’t get it they don’t understand the sport,, try explaining it to them with golf, that another one no matter how much effort I give it don’t matter and my aggression that Carried me in other sports wasn’t worth a damn on golf course, same as hitting a baseball!

I feel ya learning the hard way. I just started betting props last fall so in NFL sacks don’t effect qb rushing or passing yards. Then I played a college Qb rushing total and every sack was minus rushing yards!! I was going nuts as dude would go over his total one play then back below the next! KNOWING THE RULES is always a good idea! Lol

Back