MLB Friday 10/27

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +2270

What am I betting for this world series? I don't know because I don't want to. I'm not impressed by either team. I would love to say one of them showed real grit and determination so far in the playoffs, but I didn't see that. Both have sketchy offense and neither impressed on defense. Both went to 7 games so there was no dominance there. A case could be made that both were truly surprising playing great ball in the first few months of the season but that was 5 months ago. Then both went into a semi tail spin and managed to somewhat right themselves in the last month of the season.

Pitching:

- AZ has Gallen, Kelley, and Pfaadt. Gallen is very good, Kelley can be very good, and with Pfaadt you are just hoping he gets you a few innings and doesn't blow up early.

- Texas has Eovaldi, Scherzer, and Montgomery. Eovaldi has pitched well recently but he can always blow up at any moment. We all know Scherzer is at the end of his career, and it would be no surprise if he retires should the Rangers win it all, but his pitching is beyond suspect and try not to laugh in the face of the people who say, "Yes but this is the playoffs, and he will be great!!!" No, he won't. We should never forget that Montgomery was let go by the Yankees and how many really good pitchers were ever let go by the NY Yankees. I'll give you a week or two to come up with 3.

Bullpens both suck but AZ sucks a little less because they have a 3.49 era and Texas comes in at a whopping 4.12. Why do those numbers stink? remember that era's are runners they put on base themselves and allowed to score. Relievers era's don't count inherited runners. Those runs are charged to the pitcher before them. Trust me that stinks at 3+ era and 4+ era you should fire all of them. They only pitch 3-4 innings for god's sake.

So now you can see why I don 't even want to bet on either one of these. Both are mediocre at best. Yes, they reached the finals but a lot of that had to do with stupid scheduling of the really good teams. I know Texas and AZ fans are excited, but I just can't get into this matchup.

But I'm supposed to post predictions and picks so here goes.......

You can get AZ at +150 for the series. They have better pitching for sure so that is a definite good lean. I wouldn't wait until after tonight and hope Eovaldi can beat Gallen to get better odds. Take AZ to win the series now at +150 and then if they do lose unload on AZ to win the series at +250 or so.

As for totals this is going to be a problem. I would lean under tonight and when Gallen pitches and over when Scherzer, Pfaadt, and Montgomery go but the books will probably set 9 on those games and 9 is too high for any game in this series because the offenses are sketchy. They could score 3 runs or 12 on any given night.

But tonight I have to pick something so................

AZ +2 1/2 -110/+50 - I have no clue why Eovaldi is favored over Gallen. Home field? That doesn't mean shit in these playoffs. Actually, contrary to popular belief home field only advantage is last at bats and knowing what you have to do to win but since modern baseball doesn't understand the value of the bunt even that means nothing. And please don't say it's the crowd and the atmosphere because that just proves you haven't been listening to me at all this or any other year. Also check out how the home team did in all 7 of the Hou/Tex series. The home team crowd just must not have wanted it bad enough in two different cities for 7 straight nights. Yeah right. I wish those idiots knew how much pressure they put on their home town team when they stand up and start to cheer. I'll give you an example. The Philly fans stood the entire game, start to finish, and cheered their asses off in that game 7. AZ hammered out 11 hits and Philly got just 5 in a 4-2 loss. Keep standing folks. I think it will work next time.

GL

YTD +2270

What am I betting for this world series? I don't know because I don't want to. I'm not impressed by either team. I would love to say one of them showed real grit and determination so far in the playoffs, but I didn't see that. Both have sketchy offense and neither impressed on defense. Both went to 7 games so there was no dominance there. A case could be made that both were truly surprising playing great ball in the first few months of the season but that was 5 months ago. Then both went into a semi tail spin and managed to somewhat right themselves in the last month of the season.

Pitching:

- AZ has Gallen, Kelley, and Pfaadt. Gallen is very good, Kelley can be very good, and with Pfaadt you are just hoping he gets you a few innings and doesn't blow up early.

- Texas has Eovaldi, Scherzer, and Montgomery. Eovaldi has pitched well recently but he can always blow up at any moment. We all know Scherzer is at the end of his career, and it would be no surprise if he retires should the Rangers win it all, but his pitching is beyond suspect and try not to laugh in the face of the people who say, "Yes but this is the playoffs, and he will be great!!!" No, he won't. We should never forget that Montgomery was let go by the Yankees and how many really good pitchers were ever let go by the NY Yankees. I'll give you a week or two to come up with 3.

Bullpens both suck but AZ sucks a little less because they have a 3.49 era and Texas comes in at a whopping 4.12. Why do those numbers stink? remember that era's are runners they put on base themselves and allowed to score. Relievers era's don't count inherited runners. Those runs are charged to the pitcher before them. Trust me that stinks at 3+ era and 4+ era you should fire all of them. They only pitch 3-4 innings for god's sake.

So now you can see why I don 't even want to bet on either one of these. Both are mediocre at best. Yes, they reached the finals but a lot of that had to do with stupid scheduling of the really good teams. I know Texas and AZ fans are excited, but I just can't get into this matchup.

But I'm supposed to post predictions and picks so here goes.......

You can get AZ at +150 for the series. They have better pitching for sure so that is a definite good lean. I wouldn't wait until after tonight and hope Eovaldi can beat Gallen to get better odds. Take AZ to win the series now at +150 and then if they do lose unload on AZ to win the series at +250 or so.

As for totals this is going to be a problem. I would lean under tonight and when Gallen pitches and over when Scherzer, Pfaadt, and Montgomery go but the books will probably set 9 on those games and 9 is too high for any game in this series because the offenses are sketchy. They could score 3 runs or 12 on any given night.

But tonight I have to pick something so................

AZ +2 1/2 -110/+50 - I have no clue why Eovaldi is favored over Gallen. Home field? That doesn't mean shit in these playoffs. Actually, contrary to popular belief home field only advantage is last at bats and knowing what you have to do to win but since modern baseball doesn't understand the value of the bunt even that means nothing. And please don't say it's the crowd and the atmosphere because that just proves you haven't been listening to me at all this or any other year. Also check out how the home team did in all 7 of the Hou/Tex series. The home team crowd just must not have wanted it bad enough in two different cities for 7 straight nights. Yeah right. I wish those idiots knew how much pressure they put on their home town team when they stand up and start to cheer. I'll give you an example. The Philly fans stood the entire game, start to finish, and cheered their asses off in that game 7. AZ hammered out 11 hits and Philly got just 5 in a 4-2 loss. Keep standing folks. I think it will work next time.

GL
Tonight is Thursday so you don’t have to bet until tomorrow. lol

Thanks Bank. I figured with NFL and college football tonight no one would notice I was a day early. Of course, Wise always keeps an eye on me so I don't make too many old age mistakes. He has done that for years. GL

@Wiretowire

Remember the RL and Alt RL we spoke about 2 months ago? I’ve kinda did a rough calculation, it’s not profitable…..had to go like 12-3 to make profits…….needs to hit 2 to make up for 1 lost……

So I tried this in NHL last night……went 7-4 and I still came out on top…..lol

With NHL, a lot of them are in +200 range, out of the 4 losses, 1 was a big dog that won outright but missed the ALT RL
Out of the 7 wins, 1 was big favorite

I’m thinking of taking out the big favorites because their RL is in the negative
Also, with big dogs, maybe split the plays on ML and ALT RL

Hit a big dog ALT RL with Washington on Wednesday

For tonight’s MLB game, gonna do both RL and see how it goes……

GL…….Nathan Evoldi is one of the pitchers the Yankees let go I believe

GL

Gallen was an entirely different pitcher the 2nd half of the season compared to the first half, he’s been bad on the road most of the season, and his last 2 games (one home and one away) have been atrocious.

Gotta think that plays in to the line.

Thanks inzane. Always appreciated. GL

I remember Number2. Thanks for telling me how it's working. I will look at that both RL tonight. I have been tracking for some time taking every game in the NHL to go to OT. Not a lot of long term profits but it does have really good nights. Eovaldi was let go by the Yankees but with a career era of 4.16 I wouldn't count him as a "good" pitcher the Yanks let go. You will find a golden unicorn long before you find a good pitcher the Yankees ever let go. GL

I think you are right about Gallen EMG. He hasn't been good recently. GL

Thanks inzane. Always appreciated. GL

I remember Number2. Thanks for telling me how it's working. I will look at that both RL tonight. I have been tracking for some time taking every game in the NHL to go to OT. Not a lot of long term profits but it does have really good nights. Eovaldi was let go by the Yankees but with a career era of 4.16 I wouldn't count him as a "good" pitcher the Yanks let go. You will find a golden unicorn long before you find a good pitcher the Yankees ever let go. GL

I think you are right about Gallen EMG. He hasn't been good recently. GL
Speaking of NHL OTs……

I was parlaying all games not to go OT for better odds…..I was doing this for like few days last year with FanDuel I think……

I think I did this with baseball too…..parlaying all games to not go extra innings……

There’s 19 ot games so far in NHL out of 110 games played……

I’ve seen averaged lines for games to go OT is around +300 to +400

If the average is +350

Then 350 x 19 = 6650
110 games minus 19 = 91

If each game is $100

9100 - 6650 = -2450

Is my math right?

There’s 35 games out of 110 games that ended up being 1 goal games….

110-35 = 75

35 x 2 = 70

I’ll use average RL and Alt RL at +200

So far, it’s profitable…….

Math looks good to me. But bad result. I will look further into RL and Alt RL for NHL. I never thought of that. Thanks, Number2. GL

Back