Yesterday

MLB 1-0 = +5
WNBA 1-0 = +30
NFL 1-0 = +5
NCAAF 1-1 = -.5

To my bookie "Yippie Kie Ya Motherfucker!"

Sides: All for 5 units

LA ML -110

I have stayed away from LA this year because when a major offensive player (Kemp) is lost for the season I am never comfortable taking that team. Obviously, LA has compensated somewhat offensively but with Ethier hurting it makes me even more uneasy. But I have to side with Greinke as he has really been great. Kelly isn't bad for the Cards but Greinke is more consistant. We will know early though because if St Louis gets to the LA starter early it is over for the night. LA is one of those teams that if you get a 3 or 4 run lead on them you win. Not so with the likes of a Detroit or Boston. I also don't like sitting on the edge of my seat all night watching a 1 run lead try to hold up especially in the other guys park when he bats last. But I have to try them in this position tonight.

Temple/Cinn under 51 1/2 -110 (NCAAF) - Yes, it says under.

BC/Calgary over 53 -110 (CFL)

GL

Thanks Steed. GL

Glad it worked out for us SIGO. Thanks. GL

Thanks Xyzky. BC and Calgary had a shootout in week 1 scoring a combined 76 points. But they recently had a combined 48 points in week 8. The books have kept the total down for tonight probably because of that game and the fact that they always put a total of around 52-54 points on these games. I really don't think the books ever have a good handle on these games and maybe because except for Canada they are not widely known and therefore popular in betting. But overs are easy to come by in the CFL. I said earlier you should take game one of the weekend in the CFL and keep doubling your bet until you hit an over in one of the 4 games. When that happens, and it will, you should stop for that weekend and not bet anymore CFL for that weekend. Makes for a very good season as I have never seen all 4 games go under in a weekend.

But I remember that last game and I was pissed off because these two ran out to score 37 points in the first half and I was laughing about going over the total easily. Unfortunately, they combined for only 11 points in the entire second half and the total went under. Lots of punts and missed field goals combined with weather factors made them look very inept. That should change tonight as I think they sail over this total easily. GL

I should clarify that statement..... bet the first CFL game over in the weekend. If it wins stop betting for the weekend. If it loses double up to cover your original bet and the win of whatever you bet the first game. When a game goes over stop for the weekend. GL

great call on the lynx and detroit Wire, thx...GL tonight, I like the dodgers as well. I'll give that cfl game a shot and living close to philly and getting all the temple propaganda I think the under is doable. Temple won't win a shootout and have to keep the scoreboard managable

Nice to be on Verlander last night

question for you - I think LA is going to win the World Series. Doesn't that mean that I should not bet against them in any individual game along the way ? Thanks for the tutorial.

Ump tonight is Gary Davis. This season with Greinke 11.1 innings and an ERA of 3.97. Career Greinke has a 4.24 ERA with him over 23.1 innings.
Kelly 1 inning with Davis no runs.
Davis is 12-19 under this year and dogs and favorites break 19 fav to 13 dogs. Greinke has an ERA on 6 or greater this year of 1.02 based on 17.2 innings
Kelly on 4 days rest is 7-1 with an ERA of 2.22 this season
Very mixed bag here and no side is obvious to me.
GL

Thanks Mrob. GL

Thanks Bull. You ask a very loaded quesion and many will probably disagree with my answer but since I don't care who I piss off and since I actually enjoy pissing people off I will give you my opinion. I think you bet the series and then take every game as it comes and bet each game. That means that you will sometimes be betting against LA in a game but unless you think LA will sweep, which is possible but to me unlikely, I don't see any reason why you should pass on single game sides. I might bet 5 on the series and then only 1 on each game but if you still feel like you are betting against yourself you can always take a total on a game. And no, I have no clue what will happen with the total tonight. GL :)

Thanks TSquared. I was thinking about people having -6 or -7 when they were milling around with 3 seconds left and Atlanta had the ball. I figured a 3 would be put up and I knew it was uneasy until it bounced off. GL

Thanks Tuck. Good stuff as always. GL

I honestly don't know Wise but you know I will be rooting for you. GL

Road to glory with Lions over. Crashed and burned with the under. Somehow I suspected that and had more on the over. BL

Back