MLB Friday 10/1

Wiretowire

Pretty much a regular
YTD +8455
3-2 last

Thanks Inzane. I appreciate it. GL

It is very likely that I will not be betting/posting MLB this weekend. There are 3 horrible times for baseball. 1. First week of the season. No one knows shit. Spring training will never tell you anything and it's pure guess work early. 2. The last week of the season especially the last 3 days. Resting players, I've already filled my contract stat obligations so I'm going to cruise now players, and "must win" to make the playoff teams who can't MUST anything or playoff trying teams would never lose down the stretch. But this is baseball and funny shit happens in baseball like seemingly MUST win teams losing to really "bad" teams. Ask the Red Sox how they like the mighty Nationals losing 2 of 3 (and 5 of their last 6) when they absolutely positively MUST win to make the playoffs, What a crock of media trying to make something out of nothing bullshit and it always has been.

3. Maybe the worst time to bet MLB is these ridiculously stupid one and done wild card games. You play 162 games which is twice as much as any other sport then you play one damn game and you are out. Which brings me back to the media crap of MUST win. If you must win this one game to advance in playoffs how does anyone ever lose? Did they not WANT it as bad as the other team? Or is there no MUST in baseball and it's all blown way out of proportion to try and make it seem that if you really really really want to win a baseball game you can? Jesus wept.

I found two worth a try.

All x50 each

Balt +2 1/2 +140 - Runs and plus money here. Suddenly Toronto and Matz are a -400 favorite to Balt? Has to be because the Jays MUST win to make the playoffs. Ok, so win Jays. Just do it by 2 runs.
Detroit +2 1/2 -140 - Lance Lynn is suddenly a -270 favorite against the Tigers. Must be his sparkling last start that gives him this kind of respect. Well, don't look now but Peralta is extremely solid and aren't the White Sox already in the playoffs? I guess they won't rest players tonight or this weekend because it's more important to beat Detroit than it is to get ready for the playoffs. I wonder also if all the big name starters for teams already in the playoffs only go 3 innings to stay sharp then rest. Naw, those playoff teams would never do that. (wink, wink)

Ok, after seeing these two maybe I will be able to find more this weekend.

GL

Thanks Inzane. I like the Cards pitching spot as Davies is bad and Hudson looked ok in his debut. But I also know Hudson threw in relief and there is a big difference to these kids when they relieve and when they start. He allowed 4 hits and 2 runs in a little over 3 innings. That's not really that good as it comes to a 6.00 era and god knows where his head will be starting. They always try real hard to impress people when that is the worst thing you can do in baseball because your mechanics break down. I know the Cards have been streaking but the manager has to rest some players before the playoffs because these 3 games mean less than nothing. ML -200 is too questionable for me. The best bet, if you want to bet that game, is over 7 buying off a half run at -140. But I think half the starters will be sitting so even that could be a gamble.

Or you could wait until half hour before the start of the game and if only one starter is sitting then take the Cards. GL

Thanks Inzane. I like the Cards pitching spot as Davies is bad and Hudson looked ok in his debut. But I also know Hudson threw in relief and there is a big difference to these kids when they relieve and when they start. He allowed 4 hits and 2 runs in a little over 3 innings. That's not really that good as it comes to a 6.00 era and god knows where his head will be starting. They always try real hard to impress people when that is the worst thing you can do in baseball because your mechanics break down. I know the Cards have been streaking but the manager has to rest some players before the playoffs because these 3 games mean less than nothing. ML -200 is too questionable for me. The best bet, if you want to bet that game, is over 7 buying off a half run at -140. But I think half the starters will be sitting so even that could be a gamble.

Or you could wait until half hour before the start of the game and if only one starter is sitting then take the Cards. GL
Thank you Sir, I'll ride that over train with you.

One team we know for sure that will likely rest, Cardinals will have to travel to either SF or LA for the one gamer

Back