MLB discussion thread for 4/7 (ORIOLES +220???!!??!)

• Thread starter Thread starter Gyno
  • Start date Start date
Look at the O's bullpen usage last few days. Think I might have to bet over.

Yanks during the day notorious for overs, like it even more the way the teams used their pens tonight. Tillman looked shaky first start out, and O’s should be able to score off Gray.

I like the Stro-show in Texas

Can’t trust Porcello yet but he’s on his “on” year so maybe. Sox bats quiet so far.

Last edited:
Can’t trust Porcello yet but he’s on his “ion year so maybe. Sox bats quiet so far.

After playing over to start this series I'm really tempted to do so again and just chase freaking sawx bats till they wake up! I know prob a bad idea but it gotta come sonner than later where they put together a nice offensive showing! Pretty sure all times Faria has faced them it been at tampa. Plus I like they seeing him for 2nd time already. I never think porcello gonna be good, ok I've talked myself into it, over it is! Lol.

Very tempted to play rays as like a hedge to Sox not scoring but that makes no sense as Sox have beat them bunch of times already w very little offense! Not sure they will be able to do that today tho?

2db. You and I thinking alike. Sox bats will wake up. Not sure it’s going to be today. 43 for a high. Even though the weather cold these bats will click soon. All of them have had good swings and JD although notorious slow starter put some good swings on Thursday. Haven’t decided what to do yet. Law of averages and value with Rays. I’ll probably ML parlay Sox with a live dog.

Yanks over valued again and today seems even more so. Yanks pen struggling with 5+ era and inconsistency. Bats haven’t woken up yet sans Digegorious and injuries mounting. This team will hit and they will hit plenty. Stanton getting a dose of NY fans as they have booed him already. Hilarious. He and Aaron probably pressing. Understandable. Gray can be so good but thus far has not so much in his Yankee career. Not sure how he pitches in the cool temperatures. Balt getting a little momentum after a 1-5 start (I think) and they will go all out to win today to keep it going. Yanks will throw a patchwork lineup and a suspect pen at them. Too much value in Balt to pass up. One contrarian to this is Gray is a better home pitcher (I think)

Diff bw Yanks pen ERA and FIP is actually enormous, the latter being much higher so id think its due for some big progression eventually

Look at the O's bullpen usage last few days. Think I might have to bet over.

That line is definitely too high but with Balt winning the first two of the series I'm gonna pass. Total is 9.5. Game went extras last night tied at 3 with the same weather conditions so it's under or nothing here.

Really don't understand wtf oddsmakers thinking making cards favs in games 1 and 2 of this series? It was silly on opening day (much more so) and it silly here, wacha only good for twice thru the order most days which leaves a bunch of matheny and pen vs greinke. Hate to say it but dbags only playable side. Cards should be ok Sunday but I have no doubt after these 1st 2 they gonna be substantially overpriced in that one.

Really don't understand wtf oddsmakers thinking making cards favs in games 1 and 2 of this series? It was silly on opening day (much more so) and it silly here, wacha only good for twice thru the order most days which leaves a bunch of matheny and pen vs greinke. Hate to say it but dbags only playable side. Cards should be ok Sunday but I have no doubt after these 1st 2 they gonna be substantially overpriced in that one.
Analytics showing that very few pitchers good for more than twice through the order so Wacha has a lot of company there, quite possibly including Greinke. Matheny will Matheny and it's still too soon to know what most teams pens will be like but I can't imagine the StL pen being as bad as last year plus it's not like the Dback's pen distinguished themselves in 2017 either so that looks like kind of a wash capping wise. I have it StL -103 which is slightly less than consensus but I definitely see where they're coming from with it.

Analytics showing that very few pitchers good for more than twice through the order so Wacha has a lot of company there, quite possibly including Greinke. Matheny will Matheny and it's still too soon to know what most teams pens will be like but I can't imagine the StL pen being as bad as last year plus it's not like the Dback's pen distinguished themselves in 2017 either so that looks like kind of a wash capping wise. I have it StL -103 which is slightly less than consensus but I definitely see where they're coming from with it.

I didn't touch, I prob would have if I could have got plus on dbags but it was around -104ish when I was looking. Just didn't think cards warranted being favs in either of these 1st 2. Eventually I think cards pen will be really good if we can get matheny to start defining roles better, and be nice if he wouldn't keep one of best arms buried (Meyers). I suspect that will come when holland arrives and then little later Reyes the pen should be a strength honestly, it just isn't yet. Far as wacha I get what you saying but he is truely only a 5 inning pitcher which if you know that the case 80% of his starts it just leaves far too many desicions for MM and pen use than im conformable with from a fav., hope they hold on and cash this for ya!!

I hate chalk but doyers down in the -120s makes me wanna play them. Hill with excellent numbers vs San Fran (although few guys hit him well), good early in season when still healthy/no blisters, a over ump who hill has had a lot of success with what really makes me like it. Maybe the rl instead but the offense not really clicking and pen more questionable than years past makes me think to stick with ml.

The Padres are the worst organization in all of sports. Watch the ending from tonight’s game. I said this years ago. It was them va the Nets. The Nets are climbing out of their hell and can safely call 2nd to worst their home. Oh Padres, Never. Ever. Change.

Back