MLB Discussion AUG 5 - Brooms are out in Fenway

I’m kind of talking out of my ass, but hear me out. All the batters just played in a DH the Sat. It’s was fucking 90 degrees out, so the offense is fucking over it. Starters Castillo and Roark have actually been working well lately. It’s also suppose to thunderstorm/high humidity; ball won’t carry and Nationals Park isn't a hitters park.

I’m thinking the under may be right

Phllies also going for 4 game sweep, they are better at home than on the road. Nola is starting against the Marlins. Miami is starting Chen who has an ERA around 10 on the road. Seems pretty easy, but chalky

Blowing out HUGE in Wrigley and Milwaukee

Minnesota slightly less

I'm on over in Milwaukee (was yesterday too), but in my understanding, wind has far less value in retractable roof stadiums, because even when the roof is open, the structure doesn't really allow the wind to blow through the way it would in a normal stadium.

Drew Hutchinson signed off the street by Texas and he’s -150 good lord. Might take a shot F5 with Baltimore.

Reactions: KJ
4 teams going for 4 game sweep today...bos, phi. tex. tor

63.5% of the time they get the sweep over last 1.5 years...60% going back 10

View attachment 33968

since '04

record in game 4 after losing 1st 3
SEA 6-18, BAL 8-16, MIA 7-12, NYY 6-5

after winning 1st 3
TOR 11-5, BOS 18-12, TEX 12-8, PHI 13-13

Last edited:
mariners are a hot mess right now, kinda like the jays to finish off the sweep here and the price tag tells me that they likely will

feel like the yanks salvage one here, and the way the line has gone looks like most are feeling that way too

Like the way Tejas has been playing and Yefry isnt scaring anybody

Phi could very well pull off the sweep but to lay -260 with that anemic offense, well that would just be stupid

Drew Hutchinson signed off the street by Texas and he’s -150 good lord. Might take a shot F5 with Baltimore.
Tis the season to get the shit teams at biggish numbers, think this is where GH's pinned post really, really takes effect...last couple months, playing for jobs next season.

kind of sucks that Seattle is fading cause without them there is no wildcard race in AL. Yankees are in playoffs no matter what. They are in strange position cant win divsion cant not make playoffs,

I usually respect a 1 run move cause it seems like it is generally right

but 2 runs? idk

the team frustrates me to death,always looking for the BIG swing

mariners are a hot mess right now, kinda like the jays to finish off the sweep here and the price tag tells me that they likely will

feel like the yanks salvage one here, and the way the line has gone looks like most are feeling that way too

Like the way Tejas has been playing and Yefry isnt scaring anybody

Phi could very well pull off the sweep but to lay -260 with that anemic offense, well that would just be stupid

Im thinking Dodgers are more likely to avoid sweep than visiting Yanks. Both lined the same at the moment.

I usually respect a 1 run move cause it seems like it is generally right

but 2 runs? idk

the team frustrates me to death,always looking for the BIG swing

It's because the Cubs lineup is missing many regulars. Bryant on DL. Rizzo sitting Zobrist and Heyward sitting.

I think there is value in the over with the wind blowing straight out to CF at 6+mph.

May be forced to play Boston again. Just the bullpen edge at this point is staggering. Boston last 2 games has had to use i inning in relief

Good to see Hutchinson back doing his thing. O's 1H a winner. Excited to see who blows this for the Rockies in the 11th....

Fade away gentleman..

Brain says stop and take a break...

But...

Degenerate says....

Boston & Under......

i'm curious what makes it obvious over....i was thinking under

Price does not pitch well on big stage. Yanks line up has seen Price and has had success against him. Seems like good medicine for an offense trying to find their groove. I believe the Red Sox will smack at least 2 home runs off Tanaka, they've all seen him and hit him hard as well- they are confident and can't see Tanaka shaking their rhythm.

Price does not pitch well on big stage. Yanks line up has seen Price and has had success against him. Seems like good medicine for an offense trying to find their groove. I believe the Red Sox will smack at least 2 home runs off Tanaka, they've all seen him and hit him hard as well- they are confident and can't see Tanaka shaking their rhythm.

I dont think it's big stage

Just night home game in August going for sweep

Punch yanks in face

Kick their nuts

Back