MLB Discussion AUG 11 - O's ELIMINATED FROM PLAYOFF CONTENTION

TV: 1:05 p.m. ET, NESN (Boston), MASN 2 (Baltimore)

PITCHING MATCHUP: Red Sox LH David Price (11-6, 3.93 ERA) vs. Orioles RH Jimmy Yacabonis (0-0, 7.15)

Price extended his unbeaten streak to five outings and recorded his fourth straight quality start in Sunday’s no-decision against the Yankees, yielding two runs over six innings. The former Cy Young Award winner has been particularly sharp in his last three turns, winning once while giving up a total of three runs across 20 1/3 innings. Price logged a complete-game victory against Baltimore on May 17 and has been dominant in his 11 career starts in Camden Yards, going 7-0 with a 2.96 ERA.

Yacabonis has yet to lose in 18 career appearances (two starts) and is set to pitch in his first major-league game since July 9 when he permitted three runs over five frames against the Yankees. The New Jersey native hasn't fared very well at Triple-A Norfolk in four turns since, going 0-2 with an 11.33 ERA. Yacabonis made two of his 14 relief appearances last year against Boston, giving up a run on two hits over 1 1/3 combined innings.

WALK-OFFS

1. The 31 combined runs in the opener were the most total runs scored in a major-league game this season.

2. Red Sox OF Mookie Betts is 11-for-20 with seven extra-base hits, six walks and 11 runs scored over his last five contests.

3. Baltimore OF Cedric Mullins was recalled from Triple-A Norfolk on Friday afternoon and finished 3-for-4 with two doubles, two RBIs and three runs scored in his big-league debut.

PREDICTION: Red Sox 9, Orioles 3

Roark has been solid last 3 outings ... does he continue or get blown up today? OVER could be a look as i agree lester is def fade material n since ASB has besn blasted by teams that arent over powering lines ups

Yankee game. Ben May . Over sort of seems clear. SIide? Last year Lynn was fine in the day With the catcher he has today 7.1 innings 0 ERNS. Decent day of week for Texas very good for NY. Ben May can and will do what he wants. No bet is safe. Current lean Straight bet on Texas ML RLL Bet on Yanks and over bet. Or just over bet
MLB system with umps seems to be getting very flawed with luny tune umps
with his catcher today Drew on short sample 3 innings 18 ERA
Primary bet over if you bet side 2 to 1 ratio Yanks twice as much

Last edited:
Lester, who started the year 12-2, has not won since July 15 and surrendered 5 earned runs in 5 innings of a no-decision in his last outing against the San Diego Padres. His ERA this month is 9.00 after struggling with a 6.46 ERA in July.

Lester is a major mental midget. If he doesn’t get out of first inning he is finished. Plus if Turner and Eaton get on base there will be all kinds of chaos on the base paths.

Reactions: KJ
Made a first half bet on them but no more. Should be obvious if they do not win first 5 with the other stuff no hope
Also will only post 1 other game today
Astros RL
I am not really anxious to talk about it but if you bother to study it does stand out. GL

I guess I should mention I played Freeland ML and plus 1.5 last night and am toying with first half under there

Roark has been solid last 3 outings ... does he continue or get blown up today? OVER could be a look as i agree lester is def fade material n since ASB has besn blasted by teams that arent over powering lines ups
Roark made an adjustment to his arm position and delivery on the sinker with help from Brandon Kintzler. It has really paid dividends for him, 20K 1 BB in last three starts, very impressive.

Last edited:
looks like boston has replaced Jose Cuervo with Hector Velazquez

still waiting for a line to be posted :beat:

LOL Lester you are so god damn predictable. Mental midget. It's amazing how good he's been in playoffs and world series. Almost makes no sense.

Lester gives up a 6 spot in the 4th.

The over is in, and the Nats are rollin'...

:cheers3:

Not sure what to do with cards on Sunday? Got my 2 wins in this series without having to chase which was nice. Now trying to decide if it worth it to push those chips in going for the sweep? They playing such good ball and the offense has actually gave our excellent pitching some support this series! I said at start of the mia series we had to go 4-2 at worst but would love to see a 5-1 result for which they on the cusp of!! Junis has only made it thru 6 innings twice in his last 10 starts while weaver has had 4 very good starts in his last 6. Cards pen hasn’t had to do much heavy lifting in this series so even if weaver isn’t on top of his game the pen will be ready to bail him out. I feel like we primed to sweep these lowly royals and end this road trip feeling great about themselves.

Back