MLB Contest: March 31st 2013

~Utah

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
For a complete version of the rules you can check out this thread
http://www.cappingthegame.com/forum/showthread.php?87526-**-2013-CTG-5Dimes-MLB-Contest-**

1. Contest is Open to all members of CTG till May 25, 2013
2. First place gets $350
3. Second Place gets $150
4. You are not required to make a pick everyday, but the maximum is 3 picks a day
5. No exotic bets despite what I might post, only ML’s, RL’s and totals
6. All bets are action bets
7. If there is a doubleheader please post Game 1 and Game 2 next to your picks or the pick won’t be graded. If you like you can list the “bet #” as well. no exceptions at all.
8. Someone will make a thread and post the lines everyday, these are the lines we will use
9. Please post the lines next to your picks
10. If a line isn’t posted go to 5dimes and use the line they have up at the time, make sure to use 5dimes
11. If I make a mistake please PM me and notify me
12. Everyone gets a "bye month", for more explanation on that, click on the link in the beginning of the post, or PM me if you have any questions.
13. If you want to save your "bye month" you must make 20 picks.

[TABLE="class: lines"]
<tbody>[TR="class: linesRowBot, bgcolor: #F6F6F6"]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesSubHeader, bgcolor: #F6F6F6"]
[TD="colspan: 8"]<small>Texas Rangers at Houston Astros</small>[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRow, bgcolor: #F6F6F6"]
[TD]Sun 3/31[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]997 Texas Rangers M Harrison - L[/TD]
[TD]<input type="radio" id="radiox" value="S1_0" name="radiox" language="javascript" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> -1½ +105[/TD]
[TD]<input type="radio" id="radiox" value="M1_0" name="radiox" language="javascript" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">-155[/TD]
[TD]<input type="radio" id="radiox" value="L1_0" name="radiox" language="javascript" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">o8½ +100[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: linesRowBot, bgcolor: #F6F6F6"]
[TD]8:05PM[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD]998 Houston Astros B Norris - R[/TD]
[TD]<input type="radio" id="radiox" value="S2_0" name="radiox" language="javascript" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> +1½ -125[/TD]
[TD]<input type="radio" id="radiox" value="M2_0" name="radiox" language="javascript" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">+145[/TD]
[TD]<input type="radio" id="radiox" value="L2_0" name="radiox" language="javascript" style="font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">u8½ -120
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last edited:
As we all know Silky won it last year with 61 units. Unfortunately I don't have records from years before any longer as I got a new computer and the great CTG crash happened as well. Anyway, Silky's # was a pretty high one, it was a record for a winner, but if you want to win, shoot for that amount!

Many thanks Alex for your hard work in organizing the contest in previous years as well as this year once again! Good Luck All!!!

You da man Gruv. Thanks for all your work. I'll try to update the thread on the days you're not around

Thanks Schrute, but I know you have a little Schrute, so that would be a lot too ask

Actually it means I'll be at home more close by the computer instead of at a bar with only a cell phone

[TABLE="class: cms_table_lines"]
<tbody>[TR="class: cms_table_linesRow, bgcolor: #F6F6F6"]
[TD]Texas Rangers M Harrison - L[/TD]
[TD]<input type="radio" id="radiox" value="S1_0" name="radiox" language="javascript" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 1px; font-family: Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);"> -1½ +105[/TD]
[TD]<input type="radio" id="radiox" value="M1_0" name="radiox" language="javascript" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 1px; font-family: Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">-155[/TD]
[TD]<input type="radio" id="radiox" value="L1_0" name="radiox" language="javascript" style="margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-left: 0px; padding: 1px; font-family: Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif; font-size: 1em; color: rgb(68, 68, 68);">o8½ +100

[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Thanks a bunch for doing this again gurv

Back