MLB Baseball Keeper League...

Fondybadger

CTG Partner
I'm in need of 3-5 individuals who are interested in participating in a keeper league for next season and beyond. We're just doing $10-$20 per team (league fee & expansion fee) to keep people interested. This is a league that is already started. Those who get back to me first have first dibs on the team they'd like to have.

You're allowed to keep 6 players from year to year as well as your "minor league team" (aka players eligible for ROY). If a player on your minor league team loses ROY eligibility you can also retain him on your MLB team for 2 additional years plus the one you're currently in and they will not count against your six keepers.

For example, I'll be keeping Vlad, Arod, Bay, Victor Martinez/Brian McCann, and then 2 out of the four of Dontrelle Willis, Justin Verlander, Scott Rolen/Ryan Zimmerman, or Jason Giambi.

Also I'll be able to keep Delmon Young, Brandon Wood, Alex Gordon, Craig Hansen, and Carlos Gonzalez on my minor league team for next season. While Stephen Drew & Ian Kinsler are my property for two years without using one of my 6 keeper spots. Although if I keep them I'd lose a last round draft pick as I'd reach my team maximum sooner.

Please let me know if you're interested. As this is our first offseason, some things may change, but I'm looking forward to getting some of you's involved.

Santacapper said:
sounds good to me Fondy...

how long is expected to keep going for?

Well the majority (if not all) of us are 23, 24, 25... So I'm thinking it could go for a long period of time. I believe as some of these guys and myself enter our professional careers that the fee may go up just a bit too, but we wanted to keep interest now. I'll discuss things with our commission (who's an assistant for the Iowa Cubs) and get you a list of teams you'd like to choose from.

Option #1

Remember you can keep 6 players from this team...

C
Jav. López
(Bos - C) NA

L. Berkman
(Hou - 1B,OF)

M. Loretta
(Bos - 1B,2B)

C. Jones

(Atl - 3B)

F. López
(Was - 2B,SS)

Mi. Cabrera
(Fla - 3B,OF)

M. Ramírez

(Bos - OF)

M. Cameron
(SD - OF)

T. Hafner
(Cle - Util)

C. Floyd
(NYM - OF)
The trade action is disabled Add to Watch List @Was W, 6-2 1/3 1 0 1 0

J. Francoeur
(Atl - OF)

D. Roberts
(SD - OF)

M. Alou
(SF - OF)

J. Varitek
(Bos - C)

J. Gomes
(TB - OF)

Pitchers
A. Harang
(Cin - SP)

G. Maddux
(LAD - SP)

Ma. Rivera
(NYY - RP)

Fr. Rodríguez

(LAA - RP)

B. Jenks
(CWS - RP)

K. Rogers
(Det - SP)

J. Garland
(CWS - SP)

Cl. Lee
(Cle - SP)

T. Gordon
(Phi - RP)

Minor Leaguers
CHIMERASOX: Brian Anderson, Ronnie Cedeno, Ryan Sweeny, Floyd Banister, Jerry Owens

-Not sure who is eligible for ROY for 2007, but otherwise all 5 would stay on your minor league roster. Otherwise if they're not available for 2007 you can keep them on your roster for the next two years (all they take up is one of your 25 man positions).

Option #2

K. Johjima
(Sea - C)

J. Kent
(LAD - 1B,2B)

R. Belliard
(StL - 2B)

T. Glaus
(Tor - 3B,SS)

M. Young
(Tex - SS)

N. Swisher
(Oak - 1B,OF)

M. Ordóñez
(Det - OF)

K. Griffey Jr.
(Cin - OF)

O. Vizquel
(SF - SS)

A. Rowand
(Phi - OF) DL

G. Sheffield
(NYY - 1B,OF)

D. Lee
(ChC - 1B)

Pitchers

C. Wang
(NYY - SP)

T. Wakefield
(Bos - SP)

M. Timlin
(Bos - RP)

D. Weathers
(Cin - RP)

T. Jones
(Det - RP)

C. Reitsma
(Atl - RP)

J. Smoltz
(Atl - SP)

P. Byrd
(Cle - SP)

D. Lowe
(LAD - SP)

Ra. Johnson
(NYY - SP)

B. Webb
(Ari - SP)

R. Clemens
(Hou - SP)

W. Williams
(SD - SP)

A. Burnett
(Tor - SP)

K. Wood
(ChC - SP,RP)

Minor League Roster
CHEESE WHEEL: Justin Upton, Troy Tulowitzki, Billy Butler, Mark Rogers, Adam Jones

Still waiting on a manager or two to decide, and we'll have an expansion team this year as well... not sure exactly how that will work..

When will the other 2 know if they are in or not ?

Dont want to make any rash decisions without seeing the others...

Im in for the long haul though:shake:

If you don't want to post your phone # and that... just click on his name and there's a list you can send him a priveate message.

Hi, I'm in charge of the league. We currently have 3 open teams. Rosters can be found http://kschellenger.proboards105.com/index.cgi?board=mlrosters just click on the "OPEN TEAM #" to view the team. Minor League Rosters can be found http://kschellenger.proboards105.com/index.cgi?action=display&board=rosters&thread=1156805195&page=1

On the board is a constitution and other stuff. If you have any questions please contact me at koby.schellenger@gmail.com. The league has a $20 fee for taking over a team and a $10 fee for expansion teams. Teams will be allocated on a first come first serve basis so if you want a specific team, act quick.

just wanted to see how long it takes someone to see this post.. il say until nov 1

Back