MistaFlava's WEDNESDAY NIGHT ***Power Selection*** (Writeup and Analysis)

MistaFlava

Cheerleader
2006 CFB Record: 47-32-2 (+31.60 Units)
2006 CFB ATS Record: 37-25-2 ATS (+29.40)
2006 CFB O/U Record: 10-7 (+2.20 Units)
PLAYS OF THE WEEK: 4-3 (+3.50 units)

28-8-2 ATS in Football the last two weeks (7-3 ATS in CFB last week)

The winning ways continued for me last week as I went 7-3 ATS in College and 4-1 ATS in the NFL. I am in a big time groove right now and I am looking for things to keep rolling. The good times can't last forever but they can keep going for a little bit more while I enjoy the cash.

-------------------------------------

Wednesday, October 18

Florida Atlantic Owls +9 (3 Units)

The Sun Belt Conference is about as messed up as it gets. Only the MAC Conference can provide crazier out of whack games than the Sun Belt and don't expect tonight's game to be any different than the usual crazy midweek college football game. The Louisiana Ragin Cajuns are definitely a good team. I have no doubts. In fact, on a regular Saturday afternoon, they should have no problems walking into Boca Raton, Florida and kicking the living shit out of one of college football's newest programs. I mean this is not just any kind of game, this is a Conference game with big time Conference implications and to slap a -8.5 on a road team is about as ridiculous as I have ever seen it. Rickey Bustle has done a great job as head coach in Lafayette the last 4-5 years. This is a talented team with 13 returning starters from the 2005 team that went 6-5 and missed out on a Bowl Game by only a mid-season loss to eventual Sun Belt Conference champions Arkansas State. The Cajuns won their last five games of 2005 but had a tough time keeping momentum going as their first two games this year were against LSU and Texas A&M. You guys all know I am a huge fan of fading teams that are coming off a BYE week and playing their first game back on the road. The trend is near perfect in the NFL and could make a difference in this game. This is a revenge game for U-LA-LA because Florida Atlantic walked into Lafayette last year and demolished the Cajuns who were the much stronger team. In their last three games, ULL is averaging 37.3 points per game on 401.3 total yards of offense and 6.2 yards per play. As impressive as it sounds, two of those games were against Eastern Michigan and North Carolina AT&T (both home games). FAU's defense sucks...but do they suck that much by Sun Belt Conference standards? I don't think so. Sure they allow 23.7 points per game in their last three games and allow a whopping 6.2 yards per play but how can you expect them to have confidence when they were coming off losses to Clemson, Kansas State, Oklahoma State and South Carolina? You can't. The Cajuns are a great running team averaging 259.3 rushing yards per game on 5.9 yards per carry in their last three and to be honest with you guys, FAU has been trashed on the ground the last three games but that was then and this is now. QB Jerry Babb has never really impressed me. He is completing only 52.9% of his passes this season with 4 touchdowns and 3 interceptions. His career ratio at ULL is 25 touchdowns and 27 interceptions. What I like about that is that FAU's defensive strenght is their secondary. They are intercepting 1.3 passes per game in their last three and opposing QB's are completing only 56.2% of their passes. The Ragin Cajuns definitely have the skill and talent to win this game and win it in a blowout. However, this is the Conference for ULL and we all know what happens to teams in the Sun Belt at this time of the year. They lose games they should win and win games they should lose.

The Florida Atlantic Owls looks like a piece of shit team but let me tell you that you are in for a surprise if you underestimate this team. They are returning 15 starters (some injured for this game) and returning 41 lettermen. That alone makes this game the most exciting game on the early Sun Belt Conference game slate because both teams have so much experience and this game gives the winner the edge in the overall Conference standings. Injuries you ask? Yeah a few of the WR's are banged up but nothing they can't handle. Alright, Florida Atlantic opened the season on the road against Clemson, Kansas State, Oklahoma State and South Carolina. That's not a fair schedule. Would you believe that they still managed to get off their Owl asses and win 21-19 at ULM the following week? Very impressive. What I like about this game is that the Owls did not want to play this game coming off a BYE week so they schedule a confidence boosting I-AA game last week and blew out the opposition 32-7. Games like that go a long way to preparing a team for a big conference game like this one. Also, head coach Howard Schnellenberger is one of the most intense coaches in the nation. He thinks every game is a Bowl Game and he wants to win more than anyone I have seen. In their last three games, the Owls are averaging 19.7 points per game and 355.7 total yards of offense on 5.5 yards per play. What I have been trying to tell everyone is that ULL's defense is not that good. Sure they allow less than 300 yards per game in their last three games but they do allow 5.1 yards per play in those games. Florida Atlantic RB Charles Pierre is not a very good RB but his 100+ yard game last week should have him running with confidence. He also ran for 5.8 yards per carry against South Carolina and 4.0 yards per carry against ULM. Seeing that ULL's defense is allowing virtually nothing on the ground in their last three, Pierre is going to have to do the basics and hope he can set things up in the air. QB Sean Clayton is completing just over 50% of his passes this season for 688 yards and 4 touchdown/3 interceptions which is impressive considering the teams they have played against. In the last three games, Clayton has passed for 7.4 yards per pass attempt and thrown three interceptions. The good news is that ULL's defense don't have an interception in their last three games and their last three opposing QB's have completed 65.6% of their passes for a whopping 7.4 yards per pass attempt. Things might be slow at first for Florida Atlantic and they may have to come from behind to pull a moose job cover at the end. However, I do like them to keep this close with some very creative play calling by a former National Title winning coach.

Did you guys know that home teams went 23-7-1 ATS in the Sun Belt Conference in 2005? I don't know what the trend is this year but Vegas is more likely than not setting everyone up on the trap again. I see a bunch of services went with ULL just like they went with the Bears on Monday Night. Some people don't seem to ever learn. Florida Atlantic purposely scheduled a game last week at home versus a I-AA team in order to boost themselves up for this game. It was a blowout as expected and the best coached team in the Sun Belt is out to make a statement.

Trend of the Game: Florida Atlantic are 1-0 ATS lifetime agaisnt ULL.

UL Lafayette 31, Florida Atlantic 27

:cheers:

gl although i lean the other way i have a tease with a pick fro ull so hopefully your prediction holds up for both of us keep it up buddy

Like it Flava...SBC conference favorites of seven or more only cover at about a 25% clip over the last 2+ years.

GL and great work the last couple weeks.

Glad to see you on it!!
lighter.gif

Thanks guys.

Sooner...I am leaning heavily to a Uconn + the points on Friday. Shitty that you are on WVU. Would love to have a big discussion on the game before I wager.

MistaFlava said:
Thanks guys.

Sooner...I am leaning heavily to a Uconn + the points on Friday. Shitty that you are on WVU. Would love to have a big discussion on the game before I wager.

I'd be interested in that discussion as well because I too was leaning UConn, but was planning to just no-play it.

btw, the new icon rocks, Sooner! :wacka wacka:

RaiderJM said:
I'd be interested in that discussion as well because I too was leaning UConn, but was planning to just no-play it.

btw, the new icon rocks, Sooner! :wacka wacka:

Well I was about to drop a 10 unit play on Uconn...still looking to do it.

:wacka wacka:

Inspekdah, yes, I am going to have my typically smaller weekday wager on FAU tonite. I agree that FAU has a chance of getting blown out; nevertheless, taking the points in the SBC, esp when getting > 7, has proven to be a winning formula the last 2+ years. Simply put...SBC teams are not good enough to cover these large numbers against each other. GL.

Back