Mistaflava's Tuesday Dec. 12 ***NBA Power Picks*** (Writeups and Analysis)

MistaFlava

Cheerleader
<!-- / icon and title --><!-- message -->2006 NBA Internet Posted Record: 6-4-0 (+3.50 Units)
2006 NBA Internet ATS Record: 6-3-0 (+6.80 Units)

2006 NBA Internet O/U Record: 0-1-0 (-3.30 Units)

NBA PLAYS OF THE WEEK: 0-1 (-5.50 Units)
NBA PLAYS OF THE MONTH: 0-0 (+0.00 Units)
NBA PLAYS OF THE YEAR: 0-0 (+0.00 Units)

*Reminder: I post the lines I wagered on. These are my plays and personal thoughts on games. I am not asking everyone to agree, only posting these to help people with information.

-----------------------------------------------

Tuesday, December 12

Seattle SuperSonics +4.5 (3 Units)

The Seattle SuperSonics looked to be in big trouble when they lost Ray Allen for a few weeks with a bad ankles. However, they are 2-1 ATS without Allen this season and still making their bettors some cash without the superstar. The Sonics are by no means the most talented team around but they do play well as a team and currently sit 4th in the Northwest Division. They are a very respectable 4-5 on the road this season, which is better than some of the good teams can say, and they are an astonishing 7-1-1 ATS on the road this season which makes it all that more inviting to bet on them. Some teams lose their star player (like Philadelphia) and they can't seem to win games. Seattle on the other hand has a bunch of players who see this as an opportunity to prove themselves and they have stepped things up over the last few games. I am mainly talking about G Damien Wilkins who has had 10+ assist games while Allen is out and who was a scoring machine in the Sonics last game. It's not like Rashard Lewis isn't a superstar himself...this kid is one of the most underrated players because he plays on a team that gets little TV of East Coast attention and Lewis has continuously impressed over the years. The Sonics have won 4 of their last 5 games with the only loss being a two point heartbreaker in Utah but other than that, they have been great. Seattle is averaging 105.0 points per game on 48.6% shooting from the floor in their last five games while this Milwaukee team is allowing 102.8 points per game on 49.5% shooting in their last five games. Since Ray Allen's injury, the Sonics are not taking as many three point shots which has helped them develop the inside game with Chris Wilcox and Nick Collison. Should Rashard or Luke Ridnour decided to pop a few three point attempts, Milwaukee has allowed 35 three pointers against in their last five games. The Sonics have gone to the FT line 29.2 times per game in their last five and are one of the best FT shooting teams in recent weeks as they are hitting 82.9% from the charity stripe over the last five games. The key to tonight's game will be the ability of Chris Wilcox and Nick Collison to grab offensive boards and get their team some second chance points. Milwaukee allows opponents to grab 13.2 offensive rebounds per game in their last five so both these guys should be ready to work hard in the trenches. Wilkins and Ridnour need to move the ball well because Milwaukee's guard play has sucked and opposing teams average 26.8 assists per game against them in their last five. Hopefully the Sonics are not too tired from their flight in because their starters will play most of this game. I like the way Seattle plays on the road and this should be no different in this game.

The Milwaukee Bucks look like they have a great team on paper but paper doesn't mean crap and the chemistry of this team just can't seem to find it's groove. When you have Michael Redd on your team, you should have no problems using your secondary players to a Michael Redd advantage because anyone that plays with or around Redd, instantly becomes a better player. However, like I mentioned above, the chemistry of the Bucks team right now seems to be quite a bit off and these guys just can't get a good string of games together. Could tonight be the night? Or will a team from the Western Conference come in here and embarass them as underdogs. I find it quite embarassing already for the Bucks that they went to New York and lost to the Knicks in their last game. Milwaukee is now 8-12 on the season and only 4-4 at home which has the hometown fans getting a little impatient. I do however have to give credit to this team because they quite easily handled their last two home Western opponents last week by disposing of both Memphis and Portlant. However, I rank Seattle quite a bit better than those two teams and I think the Sonics pose a lot of matchup issues for the Bucks. Milwaukee is averaging 102.4 points per game in their last five while shooting 47.6% from the floor. However, Seattle has stepped things up defensively and are now allowing only 97.6 points per game in their last five and allowing those teams to shoot only 45.9% from the floor. Now we know both teams are going to play a tough inside game and both teams are going to go to the FT line quite a few times. However, Milwaukee's FT shooting is only 70.9% the last five games which clearly gives the Sonics an advantage on the free points. Also, the Bucks don't do a good job of rebounding as a team and they have been burned quite a few times this season. Seattle is quite strong on both boards and the Sonics are allowing less than 10 o-boards per game in their last five. What is surprising about this Bucks team is how well they have taken care of the ball averaging only 13.2 turnovers per game in their last five. However, Seattle is relentless defensively as they take risks and go for the ball a lot and they have forced 18.8 turnovers per game in their last five. Neither one of these teams gets much production from it's bench so this is going to be up to the starters to either take a lead or give one up. I don't like this spot for the Bucks and I don't think they can win this game.

Trend of the Game: Seattle is 9-1-1 ATS in their last 11 road games.

Seattle 112, Milwaukee 110

Sacramento Kings +3 (5 Units)

The Sacramento Kings have been here and done that already this season but I think the second time around might be a little bit different. The line of -3 looks very easy for people on Golden State because the Kings are playing some dismal basketball and the Kings lost 117-105 the last time they were here and that was in November as a 4.5 point underdog. So you are telling me that the line is 1.5 points shorter this time and that most bettors are going to sit there and not bite on the bait? I doubt it. However, even though the Kings have now lost 5 of their last 6 games, the losses have not been as bad as people perceive and I think Sacramento is actually improving and the wins will start coming. Losing to San Antonio in Texas by only two points is nothing to be ashamed of and neither is going to Orlando and losing by only three points. In their last game before heading out to their in-state neighbours, the Kings demolished the Atlanta Hawks on Sunday night by 25 points and I am really hoping that they have gained a lot of confidence with that win as they come into this game. There is no excuse for a poor effort this time and I expect a win from the Kings tonight. Sacramento is averaging 99.4 points per game in their last five and they have shot only 44.8% from the floor during that span. However, the Warriors defense has gone down the gutter recently and they allow 111.8 points per game in their last five on 49.3% shooting from the floor. Seeing that Sacramento is coming off their best offensive performance of the year, I would say this is a good thing. Kevin Martin and Mike Bibby have been ice cold from three point land but Golden State has allowed 40 three pointers in their last five games and I think both Martin and Bibby can have big games shooting from the outside. Once again, I like to bet on teams who are shooting well from the FT line as the Kings are going to the line 29.6 times per game in their last five and they are shooting 79.7% from the line. The Warriors are not defensively sound and if the Kings can get to the line enough, they'll take a big lead and never look back. This game is going to be all about who turns the ball over when it matters most and I feel comfortable knowing that Sacramento has turned it over only 13.4 times per game in their last five and that their bench is finally starting to backup the starters with some big time scoring. Golden State probably has the better bench but I like the way Sacramento has played recently and I think they could easily go a mini-win streak over the next week or so. It all starts tonight and I think the Kings come out with a bang, unlike the last time they were here.

The Golden State Warriors are 10-11 on the year and they have no absolutely no reason to feel comfortable with themselves. The last time these two teams met here in Golden State was back in November and that was when Golden State was 5-3 and in the midst of a nice five game winning streak. Well this time around is quite the opposite of that because Golden State has now lost four of their last five games and it really feels like they are starting to slip as a team. It all starts with defense and the Warriors have not played much defense as of late. When the defense clicks, the offense follows and so do the wins. However, 6 of the Warriors last 7 opponents have hit double digits which is really not a good sign for a team trying to find its groove. Jason Richardson, who had 16 points in the first meeting this year, is out tonight with a knee injury and there is no doubt that the Warriors have missed his atheltic ability. The Warriors are coming off a 117-115 loss to Seattle on the weekend. What really concerns me about this team is their home losses to Indiana and Milwaukee the last two weeks. Sacramento comes in here with revenge on their minds and the Kings have by far been the better team over their last five games. Golden State is averaging 101.0 points per game in their last five but have shot only 45.2% in those games. Sacramento doesn't play much defense either but they have done a better job than the Warriors and have won games by playing some strong defense in the late going of some games. Richardson's three point shooting will be missed in this game because the Kings allow more than 8 three pointers per game in their last five. The big issue I have with the Warriors recently has been their rebounding because it's been pretty damn pathetic. They are grabbing only 36.2 rebounds per game in their last five games (4.2 below the NBA average) and their last five opponents have grabbed 45.2 rebounds against them during that stretch. Sacramento's defense has been a lot more aggressive as of late, forcing 18.8 turnovers per game in their last five games and averaging 6.8 steals per game. The key to this game for the Kings will be to have a strong first quarter. I would like for them to have the lead heading into the bench player time because the Warriors are two deep at every position and they are as skilled as it gets in the two deep. Sacramento has to play with intensity because Golden State is reeling right now. Give me the Kings to get the big road win.

Trend of the Game: Golden State is 1-4 ATS in their last five after allowing 100 points or more in their previous game,

Sacramento 117, Golden State 113

I am also playing:

Denver Nuggest -5.5 (2 Units)

Houston Rockets -2 (2 Units)

:cheers:

FWIW, some hardcore Bucks fans seem to think that Bogut is dogging it because he is unhappy with Stotts and the offense.

Anyone see him get completely dominated by fat eddy curry. He looked like a little boy out there. 2 points and what, 2 rebounds?

It's pretty clear that Bogut is unhappy with his role in the offense and I agree with him a bit on that point. Redd is certainly getting a ton of shots, but Mo Williams is not shy about jacking up a ton of shots.

What I don't like is that this rift seems to have effected the rest of the play and that may indicate that at the end of the day he's just a baby which we might have expected seeing as though Rick Majerus couldn't seem to stand him.

http://timesfour.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/248109321/m/7401040381

Eddy Curry right now is dominating most centers that don't have the same kind of strength as he does. I wouldn't read into that too much.

I agree that Curry is looking better, but the Bucks are already pretty weak inside and it doesn't help matters if Bogut isn't on the same page.

I like the Sacramento play, I had some interest in it. I was really leaning towards the Bucks though, I like your write up on the Sonics and you have good reasoning to play them. I will do my usual routine and post my plays. Good Luck.

MX_259 said:
I like the Sacramento play, I had some interest in it. I was really leaning towards the Bucks though, I like your write up on the Sonics and you have good reasoning to play them. I will do my usual routine and post my plays. Good Luck.
yeah the kings are a live dog they arent as bad as people think they are lost to some soild teams last week with a bad schedule @ DAL SA and PHX and home vs magic where they lost to a nelson a tough 3point shot and you can agure about bibby gettin foul in the last play of the heat game all those 5 games in 7nights they looked real good last game passing the ball attacking the basket even tho it was the hawks the warriors dont play any kind of D just like what mista said kings could easily go a mini-win streak over the next week or so

Back