MistaFlava's THURSDAY NIGHT ***Power Selection*** (Writeup and Analysis)

MistaFlava

Cheerleader
2006 CFB Record: 48-32-2 (+34.60 Units)
2006 CFB ATS Record: 38-25-2 ATS (+32.40)
2006 CFB O/U Record: 10-7 (+2.20 Units)
PLAYS OF THE WEEK: 4-3 (+3.50 units)

29-8-2 ATS in Football the last three weeks (7-3 ATS in CFB last week)

The winning ways continued for me last week as I went 7-3 ATS in College and 4-1 ATS in the NFL. I am in a big time groove right now and I am looking for things to keep rolling. The good times can't last forever but they can keep going for a little bit more while I enjoy the cash.

-------------------------------------

Bowling Green Falcons +7.5 (4 Units)

The Bowling Green Falcons are not the same Bowling Green Falcons that walked into Mount Pleasant two years ago and blew out CMU 38-14. There is no more QB Omar Jacobs, no more RB's PJ Pope or BJ Lane and also gone are WR's Charles Sharon and Steve Sanders. Everyone is gonzo. However, head coach Gregg Brandon knows a thing or two about turning teams around in a rebuilding year and he has done a good job so far with this 4-3 Bowling Green team. This game is the game of the year for the Falcons and I say that because they have Temple on deck next week (almost an automatic win) and have nothing to worry about until they head to Akron the week after. This game means everything to these guys because they are currently in second place in the MAC Conference East. What Brandon has been conveying to his team all week is that CMU might come into this game without the urge to win seeing that they are a full two games ahead of anyone in the MAC Conference West and pending a complete meltdown, will easily be in the Conference Championship game once this is all said and done. Again, the Falcons season basically comes down to tonight and I have no doubt that they will be the more motivated team for this game. In their last three games, they are averaging only 17.3 points per game but those games included a game against Ohio State, a road game against a conference rival in Ohio and a an easy home game against Eastern Michigan last week. However, Central Michigan's defense is a lot more porous than people think and they have allowed 24.0 points per game in their last three on 357.7 total yards and 5.1 yards per play. On the ground is where the Falcons want to have success. Freshman RB Chris Bullock has emerged as the top rusher on this team and is averaging 5.1 yards per carry for 400+ yards. What I like about this running attack is that QB Anthony Turner is also a good runner and Brandon will surely let him loose in this game against a CMU defense allowing 111.3 rushing yards per game in their last three for 3.4 yards per carry. In the air, Turner is quite possibly one of the most talented QB's in the MAC Conference. In his last three games, he has completed almost 60% of his passes for 6.6 yards per pass attempt and only 1 interception in all three games. CMU's pass defense is allowing their last three opposing QB's to complete a whopping 65.2% of their passes for 6.4 yards per pass attempt which surely means that Turner will have a succesful game. CMU have a relentless pass rush but do you realize that Turner's offensive line has allowed only 1.3 sacks per game in the last three? Turner is too quick and evasive and can easily draw himself out of sacks for positive yardage. The Falcons have been very good with the ball the last three games with only 1.3 fumbles per game and 0.7 fumbles lost per game in those games. Turnovers are going to be the difference tonight in a cold and possibly rainy atmosphere. This is the game of the year for Bowling Green and I like them to keep things close and possibly win the game.

The Central Michigan Chippewas have shocked the Nation and the gambling world by starting the season off 7-0 ATS and 4-3 straight up. 4-3? Isn't that the exact same record as their opponents Bowling Green tonight? Yes it is. A lot of people are talking about CMU's near win against Boston College to open the season as well as their home wins against Akron and Ball State but last time I checked Gregg Brandon (Bowling Green's coach) is ten times smarter than Brian Kelly (CMU's coach) and coaching is a big time deal in games like this. Good coaches know how to keep MAC Conference games close. CMU is only 2-0 ATS this season (out of the 7 ATS wins) when they are the favorite and those wins and covers came against two pathetic programs in Eastern Michigan as well as Ball State. All I have to say about this CMU team is that they need to be very careful in a game like this. There is no pressure whatsoever in the MAC West right now as they are ahead of the others by 2+ games and the game tonight might see the Chippewas a little too comfortable in their pretty little MAC West shoes. Bowling Green has won the last two games played here and out of the last five games where BG went to CMU, the Chippewas have not won a game by more than 6 points and lost three of the five games. In their last three games, the Chippewas average a nice 32.0 points per game. Did I mention it was going to be freezing cold tonight? Bowling Green's defense is very underrated and although they might be overachieving a little bit, they sure have made some big plays. They are allowing only 21.7 points per game in their last three on only 319.7 total yards and 5.0 yards per play which is pretty damn impressive considering that includes the Ohio State game and the Ohio road conference game. On the ground, the Chippewas love to run but are averaging only 3.8 yards per carry in their last three games. BG's run defense is very tough and they allow only 91.7 rushing yards per game in their last three on 3.1 yards per carry. So we move to the air game. QB Dan Lefevour is turning into a star here at CMU but this is possibly his back-down-to-earth game and I say that because he will be under constant pressure all night long. Sure he completes a very high percentage of passes for a whopping 8.3 yards per pass attempt in his last three games but BG's defense always gambles and tonight it should pay off. They allow some big time plays in the air, but they also sack opposing QB's 3.0 times per game in their last three and have 5 interceptions in those last three games. The X-Factor tonight will be turnovers. CMU is fumbling 3.7 times per game in their last three compared to BG's 1.3 times per game. Once again, it's time for CMU to come back down to earth and I actually think they get upset in this game and QB Dan Lefevour looks like just an ordinary QB for a change.

Vegas knows exactly what they are doing here. The line is quickly climbing with a lot of people on CMU. I am not fading the public here on purpose but for anyone who has followed the MAC Conference over the years, you know very well that every game can go either way and that you could be a 20+ point underdog and win by 30. The MAC is a messed up Conference and this is about the time of the year where teams that look like they are going to be in the MAC Title game, start to fade and the tables turn on them pretty damn fast. CMU is not going 8-0 ATS and they are too confident for my liking.

Trend of the Game: Bowling Green is 4-0 ATS in their last four road games.

Bowling Green 21, Central Michigan 18

:cheers:

Think your right here bro and I'm on it too....

Exhibit one is the game before the MAC championship game in Dekalb last year....typical MAC weirdness...

Did anyone have NIU losing that game.?

Lets cash it..

JumpOnBoard said:
Think your right here bro and I'm on it too....

Exhibit one is the game before the MAC championship game in Dekalb last year....typical MAC weirdness...

Did anyone have NIU losing that game.?

Lets cash it..

MAC and Sun Belt games are quite possibly the craziest football games in the Nation. Love it.

disappointing to say the least. three "big" plays from CM which are never forecasted into capping this game. the momentum really swung after CM blocked the FG late in the game. no matter = KEEP THE MOMENTUM !!!!

Back