MistaFlava's NFLx SUNDAY ***Power Selection*** (Writeup & Analysis)

MistaFlava

Cheerleader
MistaFlava's 2007 NFL Pre-Season Record: 0-2 (-3.30 Units)

I am taking a stab at the pre-season after sitting back and seeing how things work. I won't be provided detailed writeups like the ones in the regular season until we kick things off in a few weeks but for now this should do and for now the idea is to make some small coin to raise the bank for September 9th. I had a decent season last year despite my crazy 50 and 100 unit losses but I am back and now its time to get it on again. Good Luck to all!

--------------------------------------

Sunday, August 19

New York Giants +3 (1 Unit)

The New York Giants come into their second pre-season game off 24-21 loss in their opener at home against Caroline but despite the loss, I think they played well enough to win. Word is that Eli Manning is going to play well into the second quarter in this game which is good news considering how unsatisfied he felt after the first game going 3 for 5. I know Burress and Moss are probably out tonight for the G-Men but Shockey is still there and that guy just doesnt stop competing. I also think Manning is going to get a nice boost from the return of Amani Toomer who has been out since last November. Baltimore's run defense in their first game allowed only 1.3 yards per rush but they faced a depleted Eagles squad and such is not the case tonight against this Giants team that managed 156.0 total rushing yards in their first game for 5.2 yards per rush. The Giants had four players with 5 carries or more in that game. The pass protection was very shady in the first game but I see some improvements tonight against Baltimore team we already know blitzes a lot and comes after QB's. In the end, I think Manning is going do okay against the first team Baltimore defense but the game won't be won by the Giants until the second half.

The Baltimore Ravens come into this game on quite the high after their blowout win over the Philadelphia Eagles which looks pretty damn good right now seeing how the Eagles did in their second game. I have to immediately mention that these two teams met last year in the pre-season and the Giants kept things close before losing 17-16. We all know the Ravens are probably going to be ahead at the end of the first half in this one but much like the game last year, the Giants should take advantage of the second tier Ravens defense late in the game. Baltimore was a bit too impressive in their opener for my sense of betting which means I expect too many people to be on them and I expect the public money to overvalue a team that has continuously struggled offensively at home over the years. I anticipate that things are going to be a bit tougher for the Ravens offense this week against a Giants defense that, although very swiss cheesish at times, allowed 199 passing yards last week but did manage to record four sacks which is good news because the Eagles put virtually no pressure on the Baltimore QB's last week. Expect Baltimore to tone things down a bit tonight and expects certain mistakes to cost them the cover.

It's only the pre-season which is why you can't really consider teams as good as their last game. It goes way beyond that. The line is like all the others in the pre-season but when you think about it, it doesn't really make sense. The Ravens defense is supposed to play well into the second quarter so they'll most likely be up against Eli for the time that he plays. Again that doesn't concern me because this is not a pre-season game I think is going to be won or lost in the first half. Most of you don't remember but the Giants were 4-0 in the pre-season last year depiste being a shaddy team in the regular season. They were 2-0 in their two road pre-season games allowing only 23 points in both games combined. I think the Ravens continue to have some success with their first units in this game but in the end the Giants will do enough to keep this game close and have most people wondering why the hell they bet on the Ravens knowing the moose door is always wide open with this team.

Trend of the Game: NY Giants are 6-2 ATS in their last eight pre-season games.

Baltimore 20, NY Giants 19

toast.gif

<!-- / message -->

Back