Mistaflava's NFL MONDAY NIGHT ***Power Pick*** (Writeup and Analysis)

MistaFlava

Cheerleader
2006 NFL Internet Posted Record: 46-34-6 (-200.80 Units)
2006 NFL Internet ATS Record: 37-25-4 (-137.50 Units)

2006 NFL Internet O/U Record: 9-6-2 (-24.80 Units)
2006 NFL Internet Half Record: 0-2 (-38.50 Units)

NFL PLAYS OF THE WEEK: 11-2-1 (+172.50 Units)
NFL PLAYS OF THE MONTH: 1-1 (-1.00 Units)
NFL PLAYS OF THE YEAR: 1-2 (-335.00 Units)

*Reminder: I post the lines I wagered on. These are my plays and personal thoughts on games. I am not asking everyone to agree, only posting these to help people with information.

-----------------------------------------------

Monday, December 11

Chicago Bears -6.5 (50 Units)

The Chicago Bears seem to be the recipients of all the bashing in recent weeks (sounds familiar doesn't it?) but that's only because they are so damn good that the expectations are so damn high. When the Bears or Rex Grossman falter a little bit, everyone jumps on them like it was the end of the world. Get what I'm saying or no? The bottome line is that the Bears have the best defense in the NFC, Rex Grossman is a 10-2 quarterback and Lovie Smith is still fuming over the near loss to Arizona the last time we saw the Bears on Monday Night Football. Let's talk Rex Grossman here for a little bit. He has been heavily critized and most of it well deserved. However, I need to remind you of the game versus the Giants on Nov. 12 where Grossman passed for 3 TDs, 246 yards and 8.2 yards per pass attempt. Grossman will snap out of his funk just like he did against the G-Men on Sunday Night Football. Check out my final statement. Grossman plays very well versus lower ranked defenses and the Rams are one of those teams. The Bears now know that they have to win after watching the Dallas massacre last night. The Bears are averaging a nice 21.7 points per game on the road averaging 303.0 total yards of offense and 4.9 yards per play. The number is so low because their defense usually hands them the ball in opposing team territory. The Rams are allowing 26.0 points per home game on 324.2 total yards and 5.7 yards per play. On the ground, RB Thomas Jones and RB Cedric Benson are going to pound away on the weak run defense of the Rams. St. Louis is allowing 145.5 rushing yards per game at home for 5.0 yards per carry this season. In the air, Grossman has played in two night games and his QB Rating is 103.0 in those games. He has been a heck of a lot better against NFC teams this season. Versus NFC teams, he has a QB Rating of 80.9, completes 57.9% of his passes and averages 217.1 yards per game. Versus AFC QB's, he has a QB Rating of 55.0, he completes 47.2% of his passes and averages only 171.8 passing yards game. The Rams are allowing 6.4 yards per pass attempt at home so expect Grossman to think twice before he throws into double coverage. St. Louis allows 46.8% of 3rd downs to be converted against them at home this season and their home red zone defense is pretty damn bad as they allow a touchdown to be scored 65.6% of the time. This is going to be another good game for the Bears where everyone falls in love with them again.

The St. Louis Rams have looked like complete shit the last few weeks. I will admit that the line on this game looks kinda fishy but the Rams are at home and the Rams usually have a shot at winning games when they play at home. However, the Rams three home wins have come against the #14 defense, the #24 and the #25 defenses in the NFL. These Chicago Bears are not called the monsters of the midway for no reason, they are called that because they have the #2 ranked defense in the NFL, the #1 ranked defense in the NFC and as much as the rest of the team struggles, this defense always puts them in a position to win games. Believer it or not, the Rams still have a shot at the playoffs because the NFC is pretty damn weak and you can compare it to the NL in baseball (where shitty teams make the playoffs while the elite of the AL battle for spots and are left out). The Rams are 1-6 in their last seven games, the ship is already too far down to be brought back up, so what is the big deal people betting on the Rams in this spot hoping for another upset??? I mean the Rams have played against only one sureshot playoff bound team this entire season and in that game, the Chargers won 38-24. The Rams are averaging 24.0 points per home game this season on 385.0 total yards and 5.8 yards per play. That's actually not bad but how will they do under pressure? The Bears are a no holds barred defense that allows 12.7 points per road game this season and allow 284.3 total yards per game and 4.6 yards per play away from home. On the ground, RB Stephen Jackson has run the ball very well but the Bears defense is allowing only 101.5 rushing yards per road game on 3.6 yards per carry. I know Tommie Harris is out but Ron Rivera is a good adjustment type of DC and he'll find a way to compensate. In the air, QB Marc Bulger has not played the second half of the season. His QB Rating was 102.1 the first half of the year but only 67.8 since game #8. In his last four games, he has thrown only 3 TD passes and 6 interceptions and he is down to 5.7 yards per pass attempt. The Bears allow only 5.4 yards per pass attempt and seeing that Bulger has been sacked 18 times at home this season, look for him to be heavily pressured. The Bears allow only 29.7% of 3rd downs to be converted against them on the road and they allow a road redzone touchdown only 35.7% of the time. St. Louis should run, run and run but they are too stubborn and they'll want to try and pass most of the night.

I went over the scenarios in my head about 1000 times last night and this morning and I just don't see how a team like St. Louis has any chance of winning this game. We all seem to forget why the NFL has Monday Night games in the first place. They are designed solely to showcase a certain team as an up-and-comer or as a serious contender in the upcoming playoffs. Last week was to show that Philly is still very much alive. The week before was to show that Seattle is back in business with their stars. The previous week was to showcase Jacksonville and the nice run they are one right now. The list goes on and on and on. There is no reason for the NFL to want to showcase the Rams in this game. With all the bad talk going around about the Bears, this is a SHOWCASE GAME for the Bears and not the pathetic Rams. Rex Grossman has had 7 good games and he's had 5 bad games. The 7 good games came against the #24 (DET), #29 (GB) #15 (SEA), #19 (BUF), #25 (SF), #20 (NYG) and #27 (NYJ) ranked defenses in the NFL. The 5 bad games came against the #4 (MIN), #31 (ARZ), #3 (MIA), #8 (NE) and #4 (MIN) ranked defense in the league. ST. LOUIS IS RANKED #22! The Bears are still #1 in the NFL and tonight they show you why!

Trend of the Game: Chicago is 4-1 ATS in their last five night games.

Chicago 32, St. Louis 10

:cheers:

I wrote this in another thread in relation to people worried about Grossman throwing INTs:

Apart from the Arizona game, Rex Grossman has faced 7 non TOP 10 defense this season and in those games, has thrown only 2 interceptions. St. Louis Rams are ranked #22 so he won't throw more than one at most.

vs. Green Bay (#29 defense) = 1 Interception
vs. Detroit (#24 defense) = 0 Interceptions
vs. Seattle (#15 defense) = 0 Interceptions
vs. Buffalo (#19 defense) = 0 Interceptions
vs. San Francisco (#25 defense) = 0 Interceptions
vs. NY Giants (#20 defense) = 1 Interception
vs. NY Jets (#27 defense) = 0 Interceptions

2 INTs for Rex against non TOP 10 defenses apart from the Monday Nighter against Arizona.

11 INTs for Rex against TOP 10 defense this season

MistaFlava said:
2 INTs for Rex against non TOP 10 defenses apart from the Monday Nighter against Arizona.

:smiley_acbe: :shake:

MistaFlava said:
I wrote this in another thread in relation to people worried about Grossman throwing INTs:

Apart from the Arizona game, Rex Grossman has faced 7 non TOP 10 defense this season and in those games, has thrown only 2 interceptions. St. Louis Rams are ranked #22 so he won't throw more than one at most.

vs. Green Bay (#29 defense) = 1 Interception
vs. Detroit (#24 defense) = 0 Interceptions
vs. Seattle (#15 defense) = 0 Interceptions
vs. Buffalo (#19 defense) = 0 Interceptions
vs. San Francisco (#25 defense) = 0 Interceptions
vs. NY Giants (#20 defense) = 1 Interception
vs. NY Jets (#27 defense) = 0 Interceptions

right on the money...Grossman is good versus bad defenses....

flava....awesome write-up and nice angle on da bears game tonight...thanks for making christmas possible this year...had 10 units(most ever played) on this game...keep up the great work and looking forward to next week:shake:

Back