MistaFlava's NBA TUESDAY ***Power Selection*** (Writeup and Analysis)

MistaFlava

Cheerleader
2007 NBA Internet Posted Record: 15-12 (+84.40 Units)
2007 NBA Internet ATS Record: 11-7 (+88.10 Units)
2007 NBA Internet O/U Record: 4-5 (-3.70 Units)

*Reminder: I post the lines I wagered on. These are my plays and personal thoughts on games. I am not asking everyone to agree, only posting these to help people with information.

-----------------------------------------------

Tuesday, February 13

New York Knicks +7.5 (50 Units) ***PLAY OF THE NIGHT***

The sheep are herding for this game and I am loving it baby! I couldn't believe my eyes when a) I saw the line for this game and b) I saw how many people are going to be on the Lakers tonight in their return home. For those of you who didn't know, this game is on NBA TV tonight and I'll get to see where my money is at. Here is the way I see things. The Knicks have been away from home all weekend with their last game being a 104-102 loss in Utah on Saturday so that means they have been chilling and relaxing in LA for a few nights now. The Lakers on the other hand are coming home after an eight game Eastern Road swing and let me tell you guys right that now that although coming home and all is nice, it's not easy. The Lakers had only one night to adjust to the Western Time Zone again and the Lakers are not coming home with happy faces on after going 3-5 straight up on the road trip and 3-4-1 ATS. It's really hard not to appreciate what the Knicks have done lately and that is beat Orland by six points in Orlando, beat the Clippers by 12 points at home and then go to Utah and almost beat the red hot Jazz, losing in overtime by two points. The Knicks are as hot as it gets on the ATS market as they have covered 7 of their last 10 games. The Knicks are 4-1 ATS when playing on two days rest this season and I have really been impressed by some of the things they have done. The Lakers are the kind of team I would only bet on at home if they were going up against one of the top teams in the league because that is when they excel. It seems like Phil Jackson has a tough time getting anything out of these guys against chump teams like the Knicks. The injuries to Luke Walton and Kwame Brown are crucial and to be honest with you guys, I think the Knicks have a great chance of winning this game straight up.

Not only will the Lakers be a bit East-Coast lagged in this game but the Knicks come in here playing some of their best basketball of the season. The Knicks are averaging 96.8 points per game in their last five games and they are shooting 45.9% from the floor in those games. The Lakers on the other hand are really struggling without Walton and the chemistry of this team seems to have been shot down the gutter as of late. I don't know if this team is motivated enough to recover in time before the All-Star Break. They are averaging only 93.6 points per game in their last five games and have shot only 43.2% from the floor in those games. Even more impressive has been the recent solid defensive play of the Knicks who have allowed 100+ points all season but have held their last five opponents to only 95.6 points per game on only 44.2% shooting from the floor. That should really help tonight against a Lakers team that is struggling to get into a groove and that is coming off a very long road trip. The key to this game is going to be how many times the Knicks decide they want to run some plays through the red-hot Eddy Curry. The Knicks have had success recently because they are being very agressive around the basket and they are attacking like I have not seen them do in years. They have been to the free throw line 34.4 times per game in their last five games (more than 8 times the NBA average) while the Lakers have big time problems defending anyone that attacks them inside. The Lakers have sent teams to the line 30.0 times per game in their last five games so the Knicks should be in big time business with their strong attacking style. Other than that, these teams are probably going to trade jabs most of the night but in the end, it's going to be the Knicks who make the big plays late and put themselves in a great position to win this game which they just might. Expect Eddy Curry to have another huge game here as the Lakers field another small lineup that can't handle guys like him.

Trend of the Game: New York is 13-3 ATS in their last 16 games that follow a straight up loss.

NY Knicks 101, LA Lakers 98

toast.gif

<!-- / message -->

Back