MistaFlava's NBA THURSDAY ***Power Selection*** (Writeup and Analysis)

MistaFlava

Cheerleader
2007 NBA Internet Posted Record: 16-12 (+134.40 Units)
2007 NBA Internet ATS Record: 12-7 (+138.10 Units)
2007 NBA Internet O/U Record: 4-5 (-3.70 Units)

*Reminder: I post the lines I wagered on. These are my plays and personal thoughts on games. I am not asking everyone to agree, only posting these to help people with information.

-----------------------------------------------

Thursday, February 15

Dallas Mavericks -2 (50 Units) ***PLAY OF THE NIGHT***

WTF??? I know this is a public sheep gathering but can you really call us sheep for betting on the Mavericks at such a price? I guess so but if you take the seat of the oddsmakers, they figure the way Houston has been playing is the best they have played in years and since Houston is 8-2 in their last 10 games overall, they should have no problems keeping this game close as yet another chapter of this Texas rivalry is written. Let's go back to November 4, 2006 of this NBA season where Dallas went to Houston, Dallas was a two point favorite like they are right now, everyone was on Dallas and Dallas lost 107-76. Wow. Could that be why oddsmakers are going bananas and releasing such a bogus line at this point in the season? Do any of you realize that as well as Houston has played as of late, they are still only 2-8 straight up versus Dallas in the last 10 meetings and Yao Ming had 36 points in that home blowout win by the Rockets back in November. Well there is no Yao Ming in site for this game and Houston will be brought back down to earth. I am very aware of how well Houston has played when playing on one days rest (13-7 ATS on the year) so if I fell for a trap, it's because Houston are masters of the one day off resting period. The Mavs have won eight straight games, they have only lost nine games all season and this to me looks like a free gift. Hopefully I am not one of the sheep being herded into oblivion but if I am, I won't take any shame in betting on one of the best lines I have seen all season long.

The Mavericks and Rockets have both been playing some damn solid basketball as of late. That goes for both offense and both defense. However, the only way Houston is ever going to beat Dallas is if Yao Ming can play because Ming can disrupt things in the middle and Ming can give Dirk a good run for his money while scoring some points of his own. It was quite evident in last week's matchup (Houston lost by 21 in Dallas) that the Mavericks mean business in this series. Houston is red hot from three point land these days which could be a concern if Dallas failts to execute defensive assignments. However, what I do like about this Dallas defense is that they force you to go inside and they don't allow many three points shot attempts (12.8 per game in the last five games...well below NBA average). The problem there for Houston is their lack of inside toughness to beat a team like Dallas. All the Mavs really have to do in this game is keeping feeding Dirk down in the low post and there is nobody on the Rockets who can contain him down there. Dallas is going to be in the bonus in all four quarters if they get Dirk going and that will surely keep them on top for the most part of this game. What I really love about this Mavs team is that their bench comes into games looking to play defense and not offense. The Mavs bench has held opposing team's benched to only 21.4 points per game in the last five games (the NBA average for bench points per game is 29.3 points). I don't see this game playing out anywhere close to how it did back in November and the Mavericks are going to expose what I call a horrendous line by the oddsmakers. I would love to think they are setting us up for the second game disaster which is why I am sticking to this game only and grabbing the bacon now before it goes bad.

Trend of the Game: Houston is 3-13 ATS in their last 16 home games versus a team with a winning road record.

Dallas 103, Houston 87

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

BOL tonight Mista

I'm still thinking if i should take Dallas, it's either Dal-2 or Hou ML

:cheers: Well Mista..

I really like this play. Unloaded the rest of my account on this.. Just over 10 units.. By far the biggest play of the season....
Lets cash this and enjoy the all-star festivities.

Mista...if 50 units is a standard play for you...why not just list 1 unit...?

This has been asked 9 bajillion times with no real answers. Its rather misleading to the nubile CTG peruser since he hands out 50 unit plays like candy on halloween. Flava is a good capper with great writeups but I've never understood his units since his basic plays are almost always 5 or 10 units. When I first started reading his excellent writeups I was like HOLY CRAP 50 UNITS!!! This must be the play of a lifetime!!! I've learned better now.

yeah....I have asked several times yet he never responds...its sugar coated....

Why even bother asking if FLAVA won't respond. Just take his word for it. Nevertheless, its NOT OUR MONEY he is wagering. Obviously, a 50 Unit play is a VERY STRONG play, since his normal wager is a 10.

Sorry for never responding. I don't always read posts in my threads.

If I only have one play in the NBA, I'll usually go big. In college, i'll usually have one 50 units play per night. Just goes to show that it's my favorite play...

GL

HUGE WINNER AGAIN!

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

party.gif
party.gif
party.gif
party.gif
party.gif

Congrats on the winner Mista.

Books must've took it on the chin with this result as most Dallas bettors cashed in, and most all of the Houston betters had at least a +3 for a push.

Great work lately buddy, keep the run going.

Congrats on the winner Mista.

Books must've took it on the chin with this result as most Dallas bettors cashed in, and most all of the Houston betters had at least a +3 for a push.

Great work lately buddy, keep the run going.

I was discussing this with Taz earlier...too funny that it happened. Keep up the good work as well buddy!

This has been asked 9 bajillion times with no real answers. Its rather misleading to the nubile CTG peruser since he hands out 50 unit plays like candy on halloween. Flava is a good capper with great writeups but I've never understood his units since his basic plays are almost always 5 or 10 units. When I first started reading his excellent writeups I was like HOLY CRAP 50 UNITS!!! This must be the play of a lifetime!!! I've learned better now.
haha, i did the same thing...he had 100 units on FSU earlier in the season and I put my entire account (around 350 or 400 at the time) on it :(

Back