MistaFlava's NBA MONDAY ***Power Selection*** (Writeup and Analysis)

MistaFlava

Cheerleader
2007 NBA Internet Posted Record: 14-12 (+34.40 Units)
2007 NBA Internet ATS Record: 10-7 (+38.10 Units)
2007 NBA Internet O/U Record: 4-5 (-3.70 Units)

*Reminder: I post the lines I wagered on. These are my plays and personal thoughts on games. I am not asking everyone to agree, only posting these to help people with information.

-----------------------------------------------

Monday, February 12

Detroit Pistons -8.5 (50 Units) ***PLAY OF THE NIGHT***

Who the hell woulda of guessed only 60 some percent of the public are on this play tonight? I was convinced when I looked at the games for today that if the Detroit line was below 10 points, everyone would be all over it. I don't understand what the hell anyone sees in the Clippers playing in this spot? You guys all know the Raptors are my team and my Raptors played against these Pistons on the weekend and couldn't close the deal. I know it doesn't mean much but I just watched them play and if they can play the same way as they did that night, they'll have no problems taking care of business tonight. I know some of you are concerned because the Clippers usually play well on zero days rest but this is a case of where they probably have had enough of this road trip. As long as the Pistons don't step into this game a little too cocky after their big win over the Raptors, there is no reason for them not to win by 20+ points. The Clipps have two wins on this seven game eastern road trip and those wins came against Philly and Boston. HAHA! Other than that, they have not won any other games nor have they covered the spread in any other games. Detroit on the other hand have won six straight games and covered the spread in half those games. Detroit has not been a good home favorite to bet on this season but it's all about picking your spots and the spot here looks pretty damn enticing. The Clippers are only 2-11 ATS all season when playing on the road against a team with a winning record which tells me that it won't take long for them to pack things in tonight like they did last night against the Pacers.

The Pistons come into this game off that huge win against the Raptors and at this point in time, it doesn't look like anyone is going to come close to stopping this team. I do hope that the Pistons are not looking ahead to the game against the Spurs because that would be a mistake. The fact that they beat Boston and Milwaukee by less than 11 points the last few weeks with big games on deck is concerning but this is a different situation. The Pistons are averaging 97.2 points per game in their last five games and they have done it by shooting 48.8% from the floor in those games. The Clippers on the other hand are averaging almost 90 points per game in their last five games but they are shooting a pathetic 41.4% from the floor in those games and that probably won't work against a Detroit defense that is still trying to establish some ground against weaker teams. The Pistons did that well against the high scoring Raptors and another effort like that tonight is needed. The Clippers are allowing 100.2 points per game in their last five games and I have no doubt in my mind that Detroit can score at will tonight which they probably will. The Clippers have relied on agressive play to score points and that includes set plays designed to send them to the FT line quite a few times per game. However, Detroit clogs the middle, they contain guys who like to play inside and they don't need to foul as much as other teams as evident with the fact that they have allowed other teams to go to the line only 17.6 times per game in their last five games. The Pistons have been forcing enough turnovers to win games while the Clippers barely play defense and don't force any turnovers. The Pistons can really whip that ball around and the Clipps always struggle against good ball movement teams. Seeing that over the last five games the Pistons starters are outscoring the Clippers starters by 17.6 points per game, I think it's safe to say that the Pistons are going to establish a nice early lead, drop off a bit in the second quarter and then put these clowns away for good in the third quarter with an impressive home win and cover.

Trend of the Game: LA Clippers are 2-10-1 ATS in their last 13 games as an underdog of 5 to 10.5 points.

Detroit 94, LA Clippers 79

toast.gif

Back