Mistaflava's Friday Nov. 3 ***NBA Power Pick*** (Writeup and Analysis)

MistaFlava

Cheerleader
2006 NBA Internet Posted Record: 2-0-0 (+4.00 Units)
2006 NBA Internet ATS Record: 2-0-0 (+4.00 Units)

2006 NBA Internet O/U Record: 0-0-0 (+0.00 Units)

NBA PLAYS OF THE WEEK: 0-0-0 (+00.00 Units)
NBA PLAYS OF THE MONTH: 0-0 (+0.00 Units)
NBA PLAYS OF THE YEAR: 0-0 (+0.00 Units)

*Reminder: I post the lines I wagered on. These are my plays and personal thoughts on games. I am not asking everyone to agree, only posting these to help people with information.

-----------------------------------------------

Friday, November 3

Boston Celtics +2 (3 Units)

The Detroit Pistons are being overvalued by the books in this game because of their past. However, one thing I have learned over the years about the Pistons is that when they win, they win in impressive fashion and when they lose, they look like complete garbage. It seems like the Pistons are off to a rough start in the post-Ben Wallace era something that was to be expected. When asked to step up, Sheed decided to continue his babyish ways in their season opening loss to the Bucks and he decided to test David Stern's new rules. The result? His ass got tossed early and he left having shot 0 for 3 from the floor. What makes anyone think the Pistons can come into Boston and put together a better effort than in their opener? I just don't see why they would seeing that they have had problems winning big in Boston in the past. Last November, the Pistons walked into Boston and won 82-81 for their only visit of the season to Beantown. In that game, Ben Wallace managed to grab 15 key rebounds and I say key because no other player had more than 7 rebounds for the Pistons. Wallace also played 39 minutes in that game and the Pistons should struggle to replace him. Did anyone else notice that had the Pistons not shot 8 three pointers in their opener, the blowout loss to the Bucks would have been a lot bigger. Take into consideration that Detroit might rely on their three point shooting alot to compensate for the loss of Wallace and you have a problem. Boston held the Hornets to 1 for 11 shooting from three point land in their home opener. With Rasheed already disgruntled and Nazr Mohammed looking lost in this system, how are the Pistons going to account for Al Jefferson and Kendrick Perkins, two guys who love pounding the ball inside? The Pistons turned the ball over 22 times in the loss to Milwaukee and turnovers could continue to be a problem tonight because Boston is going to come out hungry for an Auerbach win. Bench points are going to be a big problem for the Pistons because apart from their starting five, only Ronald Murray looks like he could score significant poitns to help the team out. The Pistons will most likely be able to stop the Celtics in their tracks more often then not but I have a feeling they will once again miss the inside presence of Wallace and try to shoot too many three pointers in this game. An 0-2 start seems very likely at this point.

The Boston Celtics were extremely, and I mean extremely disappointed when they lost their opening game on Red Auerbach tribute night. Some of the players were saying after the game that they tried a little too hard to win that game for the fans and when you try too hard, you tend to make mistakes and it blows up in your face...as it did in that game. Well tonight is rebound time for the same fans and I think Boston is going to impress everyone and come out with a great attitude. The Celtics have the confidence to win this game and I say that bebause they lost to the Pistons by one point at home last season, and they were able to keep up with the Pistons in their other two meetings in Detroit. This time around, there is no Ben Wallace to harass and annoy Boston's players on the inside. Wallace was averaging 8.3 points per game with 12.7 rebounds per game against the Celtics and now that he is gone, look for Al Jefferson to the inside harraser. Paul Pierce was outstanding in the season opening loss but once again, he felt like the team could have done a lot more to win as a team and they didn't. Players like Delonte West and Sebastien Telfair were both very silent in the opener and that has to change. They both have to step things up and the Celtics need more points from the PG position. The fact that the Pistons allowed 105 points in their first game without Big Ben is concerning. I think if Boston wants to run and gun in this one, they can definitely win the game outright. I know the Celtics turned the ball over 19 times in their opener but Detroit forced only 8 turnover of their own in their opener and it looks like some of the Pistons players are having a hard time when it comes to giving a full effort. Telfair is going to have plenty of chances to move the ball inside and as long as the Celtics can have good ball movement, they should get the looks and matchup advantages they are looking for. Seeing that the Pistons don't have much production from their bench players, it's important for Boston to attack a lot when Detroit's starting five are out. The main man tonight? Al Jefferson...he needs to step it up huge when he's in and control the inside. The Celtics should have an even better effort tonight in their second straight home game and I don't see why they wouldn't win this game against a Detroit team that is overvalued and still trying to adjust to life without Ben.

I capped this game myself and discovered what Vegas is up to. The line shouldn'e be -2, it should either be a pk or be -1 for the Celtics but since the public still loves the Pistons, the public will continue to jump on lines like this. Had Vegas actually put the line where it was supposed to be, people would get suspicious and start betting on Boston. I like being on the Celtics here because they came so close to beating Detroit at home last year and now Wallace is gone.

Trend of the Game: The underdog is 5-1 ATS in their last six meetings

Boston 96, Detroit 94

:cheers:

Coppsguy said:
Ya going to throw some loose change on the ML?

BOL Flava

I would love to and it would be smart but right now, I'll cut it short and stay on the ATS. However, when betting on a team, fav or dog, you should always like them to win as well.

:cheers:

Back