MistaFlava's CFB THURSDAY NIGHT ***Power Selection*** (Writeup & Analysis)

MistaFlava

Cheerleader
MistaFlava's 2007 CFB Record: 62-69-5 (-436.00 Units)<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>
MistaFlava's 2007 ATS Record: 60-67-4 (-430.10 Units)<o:p></o:p>
MistaFlava's 2007 O/U Record: 0-1 (-5.50 Units)<o:p></o:p>
MistaFlava's 2007 2nd Half Record: 2-2-1 (-0.40 Units)

This Week: 0-0 ATS (+0.00 Units)

Welcome to my College Football thread. This has been by far my worst regular season in CFB which probably means I am heading for a GREAT BOWL SEASON. However, I am going to keep at it for the time being and hope to finish the last few weeks strong. I have confidence in my capping and my abilities to turn things around for the season. My goal now is to make it back to +0.00 Units for the season. You can get if you want but nobody asked you to follow. Good Luck!<o:p></o:p>
<o:p></o:p>
----------------------------------

Thursday, November 29

Louisville Cardinals -2.5 (25 Units) ***SENIORS NIGHT PLAY OF THE WEEK***

The Rutgers Scarlet Knights are sitting pretty right now with Bowl berth in hand, a 7-4 record on the year and nothing else to really play for. Right now they are heading for the INTERNATIONAL BOWL in my hometown of Toronto (as projected on many websites) and believe me when I say that the only upgrade they can really make is to one of shithole Bowl Games. So as of right now I don't see why Rutgers would have any motivation to win this game or compete in this game as they try to stay healthy for the break between now and the Bowl Game. On that note, Rutgers has only been a very average ATS team this season as they have covered the spread in only 5 of their 10 games and have only played three total games away from home all season. That is another one of the reasons I don't trust this team and that's because they got their asses handed to them against Connecticut in one of their road games and the other two road games were against Syracuse and Army (two of the worst I-A teams in the Nation). I don't know if you guys remember as well as I do but last season's meeting I was on Louisville -6 and the Cardinals were up by 18 until this Rutgers team pulled off an incredible comeback and won the game 28-25. However at the time Rutgers was playing for the BCS and there is no such reward on the line in this game. The Scarlet Knights come into this game averaging 32.7 points per game on the road this season (only three away games) and they have done it by averaging 498.3 total yards of offense in those games on 6.1 yards per play, which is impressive but understandble considering who they played against. Louisville's defense has been shaky all season and they have allowed 30.2 points per home game this season and allowed 428.6 total yards of offense on 6.7 yards per play in those games. Not encouraging now is it? Well it gets better. On the ground we all know what RB Ray Rice is capable of and he has led this team to 266.7 rushing yards per road game on 5.3 yards per carry in those games. The Cardinals have had problems stopping the run pretty much all season at home as they have allowed 160.8 rushing yards per home game on 4.4 yards per carry which when you think about it, is not all that bad. In the air, Rutgers QB Mike Teel is still a big question mark in my eyes and I don't trust him when games ge into shootouts. Teel has completed only 57.3% of his passes on the road this season for 7.2 yards per pass attempt. The Cardinals secondary has been garbage all season at home as they have allowed visiting QB opponents to complete 62.8% of their passes for 9.8 yards per pass attempt at home this season. However, I don't think Teel is the kind of QB that can take advantage of a very weak secondary. Teel has thrown 3 interceptions in three games on the road this season and the Cardinals are still due to make some big defensive plays at home. The Cardinals have allowed a ton of yardage at home but they have been very aggressive, have taken a ton of risks and have been rewarded with 11 forced fumbles at home on the year, 7 of which were recovered. I know Rutgers has not had a problem holding onto the ball but the Cardinals will be looking for takeaway all night. If you are on Louisville and have read this, you are probably shaking your head and wondering where you went wrong. However, the Cards don't have defense, that's no secret and this game is about more than playing defense. I actually think Rutgers comes out of the gates rusty in this game.

The Louisville Cardinals did not exceed nor did they meet the high expectations everyone had for them prior to the start of the season. Magazines like the Phil Steele magazine had these guys pegged as 'Legitimate' National Title Contenders in the pre-season but the Cardinals have fallen flat on their faces and are now 5-6 on the season. For those of you who have not yet realized, the Cardinals are playing for a BOWL GAME tonight and they are going to do whetever it takes to earn that berth. The problem with the Cardinals season is that they stumbled pretty badly out of the gates, taking an early lead with wins over Murray State and Middle Tennessee but then came the devastating losses to both Kentucky and Syracuse which put their season in a never ending tailspin. The Cardinals are coming off an embarassing 55-17 road loss to South Florida two weeks ago and they should be well rested and ready to go in this game. I know they are 3-2 at home this season but shockingly enough they are also 0-4 ATS in those games and have not given these fans anything to really cheer for. Call me an idiot for taking a big risk like this on a team that is not trusworthy but something tells me that things are going to be different in this game tonight. Don't forget that the Cardinals have revenge on their minds after blowing an 18 point lead last season and losing to Rutgers. I don't see the same happening tonight. The Cardinals come into this game averaging a whopping 45.0 points per home game this season and they have done that by also averaging a whopping 572.2 total yards of offense per game and 7.3 yards per play in those games. So if you haven't noticed yet, this offense is on fire at home. Rutgers has allowed only 19.3 points per road game this season but that was against Syracuse, Army and Connecticut and only the Huskies average better than 20 points per game this season out of those teams (Rutgers lost big to them). What I have noticed too is that Louisville really runs the ball well at home as they have three 250+ yard RB's who have led this team to 161.6 rushing yards per home game this season on 4.6 yards per carry in those games. Rutgers for some reason has not been able to stop the run game on the road this season as they have allowed 155.0 rushing yards per away game and have allowed a whopping 5.3 yards per carry. QB Brian Brohm might not have to do that much in this game if the running game is as effective as I think it can be. He has completed 68.8% of his passes at home this season for 9.5 yards per pass attempt and in what is going to be his last collegiate home game, I think Brohm is going to want to put on quite the show. He is going up against a Rutgers secondary that is untested away from home as they have allowed opposing QBs to complete only 41.6% of their passes this season on the road for 4.6 yards per pass attempt. However, if you're going to stop Brohm and his offense you better be able to stop the run (which Rutgers can't) and you better be able to make some big plays on defense because Brohm is rarely picked off at home (3 interceptions). Well Rutgers only has 2 interceptions on the road this season and although their pass rush has done well, this is one of the better offensive lines they are going to have faced out of their three opponents. Much like the Cardinals defense the Scarlet Knights are very aggressive and they force a lot of fumbles but Louisville has really not had problems with turnovers at home this season, fumbling only 5 times altogether in five games and losing only 3 of those fumbles. The bottom line for Louisville is that they need to score points, they need to score a lot of points and they need to score some of those points early. I say that because Rutgers is very beatable when you pound away on them and they have allowed 30+ points in three games this season, losing all three and failing to cover the spread in all three games.

Welcome to the GOODBYE PARTY FOR QB Brian Brohm, WR Harry Douglas and a bunch of other starting Seniors who are playing an emotional final home game of their careers at Louisville. They have all been to four Bowl Games in the past so don't think for one second that any of them are just going to sit there and watch one last Bowl Game opportunity slip away. I know a lot of people are on Rutgers for the simple fact that Louisville can't play defense but if you have to remember that the Cardinals average about 45.0 points per home game this season and everytime Rutgers has been engaged in a shootout of sorts this season, they have lost (34-24 to Maryland, 31-3 to West Virginia and 38-19 to Connecticut). So if you think for one second that Louisville can be held to under 30 points at home, go ahead and bet on Rutgers. If you have noticed that Rutgers is 0-3 SU and 0-3 ATS this season when allowing more than 30 points and you recognize that the Cardinals have an explosive offense at home, join my ass on Louisville. It's Seniors night (many are going to the NFL next season), it's a revenge game, Rutgers doesn't really care about the outcome and what more could you ask for than a line of only -2.5. This is a big time gift for those who bother betting on it. CASH MONEY!

Trend of the Game: Louisville is 8-2 ATS in a game that follows a game where they were held to 20 points or less.

Louisville 45, Rutgers 20

toast.gif

Well the fortunes reversed tonight. Had GB in the NFL and Louisville here. Congrats to all winners, nice to finally get one.

money8.gif

Nice pick I was convinced by your write up although I can't say I'm not

puzzled by Louisville's play. A lot of in consistency but a win is a win!:cheers:

Last edited:
Back