Missouri-Illinois Line Move

parare

I noticed it's down to 4.5 on 5Dimes now. Does anybody know why it's moved down a point-and-a-half in the past week? I haven't heard one way or the other on Temple's status for the game, but it would seem like there's more to it than just that (smart money?).
Back in the early part of the summer I intended to take the Illini, thinking that the line would probably be 7 or 8. Then when it opened at 6 and moved down to 5.5 I was considering Mizzou. Now I think I might just stay away from it altogether. There's just too many questions surrounding Illinois (Juice's improvement?, impact of the loss of the DC) to go along with Missouri (and Pinkel's) tendency to come up short in these type of situations. Still, it should be a good game to watch, and should provide some insight on what to expect from both of these programs this year.

I noticed it's down to 4.5 on 5Dimes now. Does anybody know why it's moved down a point-and-a-half in the past week? I haven't heard one way or the other on Temple's status for the game, but it would seem like there's more to it than just that (smart money?).
Back in the early part of the summer I intended to take the Illini, thinking that the line would probably be 7 or 8. Then when it opened at 6 and moved down to 5.5 I was considering Mizzou. Now I think I might just stay away from it altogether. There's just too many questions surrounding Illinois (Juice's improvement?, impact of the loss of the DC) to go along with Missouri (and Pinkel's) tendency to come up short in these type of situations. Still, it should be a good game to watch, and should provide some insight on what to expect from both of these programs this year.

You said it in your last sentence. Use this game as a tool for games later in year. I am using Cal-Tenn, UGA-OKst, ND-GT and many others in same way.

Personally on the hova 53.5 in this one. Read Huntdogs thread for analysis.

Temple is day to day. I can't explain why the line would move like that. I can't wait for this game. Mizzou will be my biggest play of week one.

I wouldn't worry to much about the spread in this one. I think the movement is to get a few more plays on the Illini. Mizzou is a far better team on both sides of the ball. Pinkel and Mizzou's past letdowns had more to do with lack of a consistant passing game. Brad Smith was a great athlete, but Chase is a true pocket passer. This is going to be a high scoring game and Mizzou should cover without a problem.

Take Mizzou and the over and enjoy the easy money.

money;

I wouldn't worry to much about the spread in this one. I think the movement is to get a few more plays on the Illini. Mizzou is a far better team on both sides of the ball. Pinkel and Mizzou's past letdowns had more to do with lack of a consistant passing game. Brad Smith was a great athlete, but Chase is a true pocket passer. This is going to be a high scoring game and Mizzou should cover without a problem.

Take Mizzou and the over and enjoy the easy money.

money;

Why would they move the line down to get more Illinois bets?

It seems they want Mizzou money with all the bets being on Mizzou and the line dropping

This is an unreal week one play. I usually keep my card small and do not step out on week one. My card will be small this week, but holy hell I have to fire on this one. MU will roll.

This is an unreal week one play. I usually keep my card small and do not step out on week one. My card will be small this week, but holy hell I have to fire on this one. MU will roll.
I am soooo close on this one...:pillow:

Please do it B.A.R. I am new to this site and I think it is great. I will spend more time tailing others than making plays of my own. This is my contribution for week one. PLAY MU!

bro.....check in midday morrow....my final selection on game if I have one should be in

Back