Miss/WF

chopz33

Enjoying My Honeymoon
can i get some thoughts on this game?
i know Miss is the sexy pick at +7.5, but i think that WF comes out and blows these guys away at home
i'm not up to par on the Ole Miss team and would like some insight as to what you guys think

thanks

I thought Ole Miss looked sexy as well, but one of the best sports bettors I know told me today that he will be on Wake and the over. We didn't get to discuss it, but I'm trying to see what he likes about Wake; I like the over myself.

WF been to 2 straight bowl games, pretty sure they have the nucleus of their acc championship team. WF was 9-4 last year and returns 14 starters on offense & defense. On offense they return Riley Skinner and RB Josh Adams. They do need WRs to emerge. On defense they return 9 starters including their 2 interception leaders. Wake held opponents to only 109 yards rushing a game last year and have five of the front seven returning. On Special Teams they do return Sam Swank who is excellent.

Most of Ole Miss' damage came when they allowed McCluster 119 rushing yards in the first half alone. Ole Miss does have a trio of RBs they can use and in the Memphis game they combined for 216 yards on 36 carries and 3 tds. Ole miss gained 148 yards on 10 plays coming from their Wild Hog/Wild Rebel formation. Even with the by committee approach I don't really see them getting a solid run game going. The WF D allowed 109 rushing yards/game last year.

Snead was 10-22 for 185 yards and two TDS. 4 of his passes were 15+ yards plus. Snead also had a 64 yard pass when Hodge cut up the Memphis man coverage. Three of the six Memphis drives ended in Ole Miss territory without any points. This simply will not happen to such a talented WF team. Ole Miss gave up 231 passing yards between 2 Memphis QBs. Memphis outgained the Rebels 265-142 yards in the second half but still had 2 more drives that ended in no points in the Ole Miss territory.

Memphis had a total of 453 yards that game and the Memphis rb had 85 yards rushing on 15 attempts for 5.5 yards carry. Josh Adams will get 20-25+ carries that game. Ole Miss had very little pass rush on the Memphis qbs. You cannot let Riley Skinner have time or he will slice you up. Memphis attempted 42 passes without a sack. Riley Skinner is very efficient completing 72% of his passes last year. I do not think that the ACC is on-par with the SEC, however this game could be the ACC Championship team in WF playing a team that has had 10 wins in the last 3 seasons and the SEC's worst D last year. Will put up more on WF/Ole Miss later hopefully.

hell yeah, glad im not the only one that likes wake.... been liking them since the line came out even seeing a lot of ole piss backers.
but the wake backers have come out of hiding!

anyways, heres what i wroteup on the game earlier in the week....posted out of my thread

Wake Thoughts:

Ramble had some good points on ole piss and I can see why people are liking them here.
They had a successful day running the football with over 200+ on the ground and spread it around nicely…But, this was gainst Memphis who steele said was going to have a severe dropoff this year, and these guys were ranked 100<sup>th</sup> in total defense last year AND had to fill some holes this year on top of that!
Let’s not forget ole piss was actually OUTGAINED in total yards 453-438, so don’t let the score fool you.

This is a team that generally doesn’t play well on the road…. They’ve lost 13 of their last 14 away.

And they Lost last year 27-3 @ wake.

Not sold on snead either. Guy saw his first action since 2006 finally…. And important to note the run game opened it up early for him in and made it easy for him to succeed/took the pressure off, but 10-22 185 yds is nothing great, and apparently he overthrew a couple receivers. Now he’s on the road in a big game against a tough defense. Let's see how he does if wake can plug the run and put the ball in his court.

This wake defensive unit was solid year last year as 27<sup>th</sup> in the nation.. and on top of that they returned 9 of 10 for this season. Yes it was against Baylor last wek, but even on the road wake limited them to only 250 yards total and forced 5 turnovers.

I’m not buying that wake is going to consistently run the football just because it worked last year in the matchup. Why would wake not look to the air as well? While ole piss did give up 213 on the ground to Memphis, I don’t think wake will commit one way or the other and keep ole piss on their toes w/ a relatively balanced offense.
Skinner, in just his sophomore year last year, was the most accurate QB last season with a 72% completion rate.
They threw the ball 36 times against Baylor… why abandone it here?

tidbit of info...i still like WF though

WAKE FOREST 1-9 ATS non conference favs more than 3 points.

tidbit of info...i still like WF though

WAKE FOREST 1-9 ATS non conference favs more than 3 points.

eh, i dont think you want to put too much into a trend of that nature.....

their last 2 games that fit that system (and both were double digit spreads BTW):

2007-at home over army -20 (21-10 win). ugly game, no cover

2006- at home over cuse -14 (20-10 win) almost covered.

2005 and beyond- they had some awful years in this span, so i think the number is kind of skewed

i wouldnt buy into that trend:shake:

CapTwo- Ole Miss didn't play Wake last year. The 27-3 defeat was two years ago in Oxford. Other than that good stuff. Ole Miss' D line is banged up, and even if healthy might have a hard time shutting Wake Forest down. P. Jerry, projected 1st or 2nd rounder, will be available at DT this week, but my bet is that Nutt will rest him as he is only around 80%. After watching Wake against Baylor, I don't think their D will shut down Ole Miss either. The over at 46 seems to make the most sense.

Back