Misleading Scores

I was going to say Gamecocks but they did not out gain LT as much as I thought so The Gamecocks are just kind of bad. Carry on.

Florida State was in the red zone 7x, but only got 1 TD

Entirely too much passing on the Noles part. I watched this game in it's entirety and came away scratching my head. I thought we ran pretty well early and just went away from it. Defense played poor. Top 3 Lbs being out (2 inj, 1 targeting) didn't help. Not taking anything away from the pack, as they called a great game. Officiating seemed one sided (fanboy rant). Oh well, at least the under hit.

Speaking of unders, curiosity took me to score and odds this morning. I don't have any official percentages, but it looks like about 75% of game went under, per S&O closing number. Wow!

I will post some as I go through box scores. The one in this post is one I watched and a pretty misleading score.

Utah 30 Arizona 24 - 21/24 first down edge to Zona, 341/448 yardage advantage to Zona. 2/5 turnover disadvantage to Zona including a utah pick six. Dropped TD pass not in stats, missed uncovered receiver for td not in stats. Final fumble by Zona, the player was likely down but too close to overturn the ruling on the field (I agree with not overturning).

Clemson scored 3 TDs in the final 6 minutes. It was tied 7-7 after 3 qrts and just 14-7 early 4th.

Nebraska held Rutgers to under 200 yards but Tanner Lee set up a rutgers field goal with an interception and gave them a pick six for a TD.

Not sure it counts as misleading since Tanner Lee always does this.

new mexico 16 tulsa 13

UNM outgained tulsa 446 286 (how?), first downs 25 15, but turned it over three times to tulsa just once. This should have been a wider margin

new mexico 16 tulsa 13

UNM outgained tulsa 446 286 (how?), first downs 25 15, but turned it over three times to tulsa just once. This should have been a wider margin
I tracked this 1h for possible 2h play. They ran and controlled the clock, big-time. When Tulsa did move the ball, it wasn't very far and it would still take several minutes off clock.

What a dream under. My initial plan was Tulsa 2h tt over but I had to nix any idea of that with the ball control...thank goodness...

Obviously PSU dominated that box. It was a night game in Iowa City so nothing surprises.

579-273 yards (approx 155 came on last 2 drives though) 29 - 11 FD's

T.O.P. ~39-21 (again, one 4th qtr drive for 0 points makes up a bunch of this)

Moreso than looking at the box, think about the fact that PSU had 15 points total with 4 seconds left in the game.

Should I put weekly recaps in here or just leave this for misleading?

I heard a TV commentator say that Alabama had a 599 yard advantage instead of 600. See, they are still aren't giving Alabama their due! ;)

Since I worked yesterday, I just got to glance at a few things.
Something I find interesting in the " how stupid are you" coaching department:

When the Ags went ahead in OT, the Hogs had two nice runs on their possession. Which they had 226 yds at avg 5yds/rush. What does coach BB do? Pass. Game over.

In the "way to be " coaching department:
I came in from work and Kentucky just went up 13. I said to my wife, "wow, they are gonna lose by one". Florida leaned on what was working, the run, the defense and executed a beautiful final drive to win .
You knew when they got the ball , they were going to use every second of clock with no fear of not getting a touchdown.
Maybe some of you saw it different, but that's the way it looked to me.
An easy prediction to make when you have Gators -1.5.

Ball St had lead 4th qrt. WKU did regain 27-21 lead, but they got a 34y pick-six with about 1m left for the 33-21 final.

Kind of obvious we all know it, but Penn St outgained Iowa by 300+ yards, but had to win on the last play.

Indiana turned 3 Georgia Southern fumbles into 3 TDs, 2 short fields and a D score late in the game. Won 52-17

wvu 56 kansas 34;

Too lazy to explain it but we have s--k

I had the 'eers -20.5, so I watched the entire game. Afterwards, I was left wondering if the best team really won the game. One thing I do know for sure, if you give up 367 yards rushing to the Jayhawks, you have some serious issues on the defensive side of the ball.

This was a one score game with 7:35 seconds remaining in the 4th quarter. At that point, I had lost all hope of covering my bet, and thought that Kansas would win the game outright. A few lucky bounces later, and I'm cashing my ticket.

Laying 3 TDs road chalk with West Virginia was a terrible bet!

LSU had an interception on the first play of the game leading to a one play, one yard TD, then did a whole lot of nothing before connecting on a 40+ yard catch and run TD just before halftime. First play of the second half was an 87 yard TD pass.

Later in the second half true freshman QB Brennan led a TD drive, but the bulk of it was on a check down to the back who was uncovered and took it down the sideline for about 40 yards, then ran it in on the next play.

Very few sustained drives.

Back