• Thread starter Thread starter dopples
  • Start date Start date
D

dopples

charlotte could have won by 83, umass is the worst team in cfb

Okie State/Tulsa a little closer than it looked

bama won by 24 but sc played well i was impressed

elon could have won by 88

Kentucky let Florida come back by playing very soft coverage. Up 22-21, Florida scored another td when Kentucky sold out to stopping the run on third down

Come talk to us Noles fans. We are experts at overpaying shitty coaches and then paying them off 2 years later.

Wonder what Les Miles' buyout will be for the Jayhawks next year?

Come talk to us Noles fans. We are experts at overpaying shitty coaches and then paying them off 2 years later.

Sexton is his agent, so guarantee it is high.

Read the lemonade article earlier. Our fanbase is divided along racial boundaries on this coach. Half think it is bad parenting. The other half is offering to purchase gallons. You figure out which side is which.

I suppose another game that the final score didnt match the play on the field was Tulsa/Ok St. I watched pretty much the entire game and never felt the Cowboys were a far superior team. Tulsa had a very good showing.

Yea we like hiring guys with losing records at Buffalo to come try their hand in the Big XII

Michigan State outgained Arizona State by a good 200+ yds but somehow lost the game

Kansas State could have easily blown Mississippi State out of the stadium except for more brain lock errors just as they were about to blow them out than Klieman's teams have probably had in his entire career. Miss State looked better when the freshman took over though.

Okie State/Tulsa a little closer than it looked

OSU jumped out 17-0 thanks to some big Howard runs, but Tulsa clawed back to lead 21-20 HT. OSU D largely shut them down in the 2nd H. Tulsa nearly found the back door however. In the waning seconds of the game, Tulsa had a big play to the T10, but illegal downfield brought it back and Tulsa never tried to do much from there. Also in the 4th Tulsa was SOD at the O15 and O35. OSU was -2 TOs although neither were in scoring territory and neither led to Tulsa pts.

If your line in the Clemson / Syracuse game was 28.5, the Tiger TD run with :47 left was meaningful.

Although Clemson outgained them 612-187!

South Carolina scored with :11 left in the game to lose by 24. SC did have a very close TD before HT (not reviewed, knee down before ball crossed goal line?), then they threw incomplete in EZ as time expired in the half. SC later threw INT in EZ. SC ran a fake FG for TD (called back by holding).

On back-to-back series, Georgia Southern blk'd a FG and ret'd 77y for TD, then next possession they got a sack/fumble and ret'd that 44y for TD to take a 32-28 lead (GaS went for 2 both times and both failed). Min got game winning TD with :13 left on a 13p 75y drive where they converted 4th down along the way. In the 1st H each team got a short field TD thanks to turnovers. Min did have 22-12 first down and 382-298 TY edge (although yards per play was only 4.8 to 4.7). Stats show Min rushed for just 93y (1.9), but they lost 61 yards on sacks and fumbles.

Last edited:
UNLV was sacked / fumbled at their own 7 with 1:36 left and NW tacked on a late TD in the 30-14 final.

It was just 21-17 3rd qrt FAU lead when Ball State fumbled into the EZ for touchback. FAU took that ensuing possession 80y for a 28-17 lead.

Notre Dame blew out New Mexico....but....ND was only 1-of-10 3rd down and Ian Book was their leading rusher with 46 yards on 9att. No ND RB had more than 4att. Pretty strange.

Arkansas did lead by 10 twice in the first 3 qrts, but CSU responded typically keeping it a one score game. Until the 4th…when CSU failed to wrap up Ark TE O’Grady (think Tommie Frazier vs Florida) and he went 62y for TD making it 48-34. Then Ark ret’d fumble 25y for TD in the 55-34 F. CSU QB Hill was knocked out in the 3rd qrt, but the backup did lead Rams to 10 pts until the 4th when CSU’s O went away.

Notre Dame blew out New Mexico....but....ND was only 1-of-10 3rd down and Ian Book was their leading rusher with 46 yards on 9att. No ND RB had more than 4att. Pretty strange.
Great find. I had no clue.

Louisville led 31-7 HT which included a LV fumble ret TD. WKU’s sole TD was a 77yarder. WKU got a short field TD in the 3rd then threatening to backdoor would themselves fumble at the L38, were SOD at the L43 and L08 in the 4th qrt. 38-21 F. About 200 of WKU’s 288 yards were gained in the 2nd H.

Utah outgained Idaho State 543-116 (8.8-2.4) yet only won 31-0! It was 24-0 after Utah’s first 4 drives of the game then the Utes were SOD at the I01 after a 10p 67y drive. Utah scored TD on the first poss of the 3rd then packed up the O finishing with just 63 yards on their final 4 possessions. Idaho State ran a total of 5 plays in Utah territory not counting punts (never advanced further than the U42).

Auburn scored a TD on 4th down with 2:27 left to get ahead of the spread.

LaTEch did have 453-290 TY edge (6.7-3.4), but BG has several chances in the red zone, but were only 1 of 4 scoring in the RZ with a missed FG and being SOD twice, BG was also SOD at the L35 and L22. BG D did have 5 sacks (LT 0). LT D got a 36y pick-six.

Southern Miss led Troy 17-14 at HT. The final was 47-42 thanks to a 42 pt 4th qrt that included back-to-back KO return TDs.

Marshall won 33-31 and ended the game at the Ohio 6 yard line after killing the final 5:42 on a 10p 66y drive.

Liberty won 35-17 but only had a 401-373 TY edge (7.0-4.8). No turnovers. UB outrushed them 206-76 (4.7-2.8). UB missed 37 and 45 yard FGs and were SOD at the L29 and L38. Liberty used big plays for TDs…33y, 36y and 55y passes.

If I saw this right, Wyoming didn't run a single play in Idaho territory in the 2nd H! Idaho led 10-0 off two 60+y drives, WYO took a 14-10 lead after a 45y punt return to the I11 and WYO got an 80y TD run in the 2nd H, but I didn't see any drives cross the 50 other than that big play. Idaho had a 303-287 TY edge (4.1-4.9). Wyoming passed 4-12-50-0-0. WYO did miss 2 1st H FGs.

friend of mine who is a ND fan told me IRISH played most unimpressive huge blowout he'd ever seen. Said ND looked bad lol. After reading this I now get what hes talking about.

friend of mine who is a ND fan told me IRISH played most unimpressive huge blowout he'd ever seen. Said ND looked bad lol. After reading this I now get what hes talking about.
ND boards are miserable right now.

Utah outgained Idaho State 543-116 (8.8-2.4) yet only won 31-0! It was 24-0 after Utah’s first 4 drives of the game then the Utes were SOD at the I01 after a 10p 67y drive. Utah scored TD on the first poss of the 3rd then packed up the O finishing with just 63 yards on their final 4 possessions. Idaho State ran a total of 5 plays in Utah territory not counting punts (never advanced further than the U42).
Typical Whittingham. Utah could have scored 70. That's why I'm still a little worried about whether they can just flip the switch now that conference play is starting. Also, the OL hasn't looked anything but above average up to this point. Too many 3rd and 1's not getting converted.

Wow. UGA looks like the pounder of all pounders this weekend.

Back