Minny in tank mode, New Orleans in the hunt for the 1 seed...

linewatcher

Pretty much a regular
who will be more motivated to cover tomorrow?

i am thinking new orleans (especially with their loss last night), but i have been a bit gunshy backing such big faves on the road recently... what do you all think?

byron scott pulling the starters with 8-9 minutes to go and not putting them back in with about 3:30 minutes to play was a pretty big statement for how he thought they were playing (without intensity/hustle/even fundamentals). CP3 and the rest of the starters have to be ready to play tomorrow. and CP3 wont be held to 4 pts

Why do you say TWolves are in tank mode? If it wasn't for an off pass by Foye tonight they should have beaten the Bobcats.

Don't think this team is playing for lottery balls from what I saw especially in that 2H

i agree with rod. i wouldn't say that minny is in tank mode. they are playing inspired ball. i had money on the bobcats last night at -4.5. charlotte got ahead early only to see minny fight back in the third to make it close. then charlotte pulled away again in the 4th only to see minny close the gap again in the final minutes. still had a chance to cover but felton sucks and misses 2 fts. so don't be so quick to say that minny is tanking, especially a home game with both teams on b2b. slight edge to the home team on b2b. -10 is alot.

hmph...i was thinking about the high tariff on this one too and on 0 days rest....minny is also trying to avenge that ass whipping they got from nawlins in their last game where they lost by like 30+ pts. damn, just might have to lay off on this one...

Minny may not "tank" but by all means they played Charlotte last night. If you watched that game Charlotte gave just enough of a performance to win the game.

Charlotte had a big lead, and let Minny back in multiple times. I remember watching Charlotte playing really relaxed, and just going through the motions. If anyone watched that game, the stands were empty...and they were about as excited to be there as I am at work today.

With NO playing piss poor last night, I would expect them to beat up on Minny tonight.

I expect the Hornets to cover as well.

I am just wondering why Minnesota wants to compete at this point in the season.

players on this team, mccants, gomes, foye, al jeff included, are all still playing to impress personnel. perhaps try to play into a more dominant starting role next season. perhaps try to play onto another team via trade free agency. you never know. these kids sure don't quit that's all i know. can't really say any team is in tank mode. miami fighting back to beat chicago. memphis stayin in games and winning them? maybe seattle without the win against denver which was all revenge. knicks pulling a W against detroit or was that detroit tanking haha. let's just find the spots with value and keep the "tank" angle to a minimum. good luck CTG bros.

^ EH

Your right on a few things McCants will be playing for another team next year, I anticipate Gomes will as well.

hmph...i was thinking about the high tariff on this one too and on 0 days rest....minny is also trying to avenge that ass whipping they got from nawlins in their last game where they lost by like 30+ pts. damn, just might have to lay off on this one...

We were also playing for revenge in that game for them beating us by 9 @ home if you want to look at it that was. That game was so long ago, Dec 22... and theres just not much history between these two teams.

I wouldn't go crazy betting the Hornets tonight. Do I think they'll win? Yes, but 10.5 is a huge #.

Minny last 8 home games: (basicall the last month)

L by 12 to Memphis (the one that is really odd)
L by 4 to Detroit
W by 7 against Utah
W by 21 against NY
W by 4 against Memphis
W by 9 against Clippers
L by 7 to Porltand

Hornets have a real game vs. the Lakers on Friday and have covered 10.5 twice (Heat and Knicks) in their last 12 games

only have a unit on my boys.

basically going with the B2B ATS records for both teams + our embarrassing loss yesterday

Great 2nd half by the Hornets. Congrats to those who layed the #. Hoping those Hornets grab the #1 seed, but that's for another reason. :)

the hornets did look quite impressive in that second half. gonna be real interesting how these hornets will fair against my lakers...

(methinks the lakers' d will be the difference..**gulp**)

Back