Milwaukee vs. Arizona & Colorado vs. Atlanta Parlay Preview Article

VirginiaCavs

CTG Super Moderator
Staff member
MLB Parlay for Today at (+248) Features Excellent Pitching

Milwaukee Brewers vs. Arizona Diamondbacks
Thursday, September 1, 2022 at 9:40 p.m. ET at Chase Field in Phoenix

Who Starts for Milwaukee?

Brandon Woodruff starts for Milwaukee tonight.

Despite regularly being chalked rather heavily, Woodruff has been profitable for bettors to back.

Overall, Milwaukee is yielding +2.8 units in his starts.

Pertinently to my favorite play for this game, Woodruff has been a good favorite.

The Brewers are yielding +2.8 units in starts in which he is favored.

Woodruff's Form

Woodruff's most recent starts contribute to the fact that he is so profitable.

The Brewers have won the last four games in which he started with one of those wins coming against the Dodgers and another against Tampa Bay.

During this four-game span, Woodruff allowed three runs a single time and otherwise allowed two runs or zero.

Going further, Woodruff has allowed two earned runs or fewer in seven of his past eight starts.

Why Is Woodruff Difficult to Hit?

Lineups typically perform better against finesse pitchers than power pitchers.

Woodruff, however, is not a finesse pitcher.

His fastball, which is his most frequent pitch, ranks in the 87th percentile.

Given this pitch's positive combination of velocity and spin rate -- his fastball also ranks in the 72nd percentile -- opponents struggle to keep up with it and to track its location.

Despite often landing in the more middle parts of the zone, Woodruff's fastball quality is strong enough to yield a .193 BA.

While he does have a tendency to give up home runs with this pitch that appears marked relative to the general difficulty that opponents have hitting it, Arizona is one of the worst teams both in terms of slugging rate and in terms of hitting home runs against the high-velocity (94-98 mph) fastball.

In general, Arizona merits pessimism tonight because it ranks below-average against Woodruff's pitches from righties.

Who Starts for Arizona?

Arizona starts Merrill Kelly tonight.

Kelly is a bit odd in that he has been a terrible bet specifically at home.

In Arizona, his team is yielding -5.3 units when Kelly starts.

Kelly vs. Brewer Batters

Especially lately, Milwaukee is doing a good job of scoring runs.

The Brewers have scored six or more runs in four of their past five games.

They look particularly reliable tonight because they rank fourth in slugging against Kelly's favorite pitches from righties.

Colorado Rockies vs. Atlanta Braves
Thursday, September 1, 2022 at 7:20 p.m. ET at Truist Park in Atlanta

Who Starts for Colorado?

Colorado starts Chad Kuhl today.

Kuhl has been terribly unfortunate, lately, in that he has repeatedly been facing teams that he, historically, has a terrible track record against.

His worst recent start, for example, came against a Padre team against which he yields a 7.56 ERA in seven career starts.

Kuhl vs. Brave Batters

However, out of all the teams that Kuhl has faced multiple times in his career, Atlanta is actually his favorite one.

So, in this sense, Kuhl catches a break tonight.

He is 1-0 with a 1.59 ERA in three career starts against the Braves.

Plus, nearly all of the Brave players who have strong individual track records with Kuhl on the mound have debilitating asterisks attached to their names tonight.

Marcell Ozuna, for example, is, as he did last year, suffering the worst season of his career.

Orlando Arcia is injured.

Alex Dickerson is in the minors.

Who Starts for Atlanta?

Atlanta starts the ever reliable Spencer Strider.

Strider has allowed one earned run in each of his last three starts and in five of his last six.

The one exception came on the road against the challenging Mets.

Strider vs. Colorado Batters

Primarily, Strider throws a fastball and slider.

His outlook is superb tonight because he matches up well against Colorado batters.

They slug .316 against these two pitches from righties away from home, despite typically encountering iterations of these pitches that are far inferior to Strider's.

Best Bet: Parlay Brewers ML at -135 & Rockies/Braves Under 8 at +100 at +248 odds with BetOnline

Man, I don’t see Kelly as bad at home, he has been better on the road but if tougher to pitch in his home park imo, he still holding opponents to a solid ops and respectable era,, milw not the only team scoring runs lately, snakes offense has been on fire the better part the last month. The biggest change for Kelly this year is how he been able to cut out the hr’s (only 10 total in 26 starts this season), I think that important here as milw offense is basically a 1 trick pony who’s lineup relies on bombs to score runs. Woodruff doesn’t fall into straight fade at chase as he has had a good start here but he has had some struggles as well. Current form I think I can argue snakes been the better team the last month so im pretty tempted by the plus money. Gl tho

Man, I don’t see Kelly as bad at home, he has been better on the road but if tougher to pitch in his home park imo, he still holding opponents to a solid ops and respectable era,, milw not the only team scoring runs lately, snakes offense has been on fire the better part the last month. The biggest change for Kelly this year is how he been able to cut out the hr’s (only 10 total in 26 starts this season), I think that important here as milw offense is basically a 1 trick pony who’s lineup relies on bombs to score runs. Woodruff doesn’t fall into straight fade at chase as he has had a good start here but he has had some struggles as well. Current form I think I can argue snakes been the better team the last month so im pretty tempted by the plus money. Gl tho
Spot on.

Back