Mike "the mouth" earns his name dissing David West's decision...

IvyinBarondise

Pretty much a regular
He went on Twitter and blasted David West for being stupid for taking the veteran's minimum to play for the Spurs, that are now the odds on favorite to win the title. His one and only reason was that West wasn't rich enough. He said, West was only worth something like 31 million and thus stupid for turning down millions to contend for a ring.

I personally think West is a fucking legend for making this decision. And I never heard of a net worth of 30 million meaning you cant do whatever the fuck you want. I also know that West will not have to pay state taxes in San Antonio and being a legit part of a championship team could end up making him heaps of $$ anyway.

Anyone disagree?

Discuss:cheers3:

He went on Twitter and blasted David West for being stupid for taking the veteran's minimum to play for the Spurs, that are now the odds on favorite to win the title. His one and only reason was that West wasn't rich enough. He said, West was only worth something like 31 million and thus stupid for turning down millions to contend for a ring.

I personally think West is a fucking legend for making this decision. And I never heard of a net worth of 30 million meaning you cant do whatever the fuck you want. I also know that West will not have to pay state taxes in San Antonio and being a legit part of a championship team could end up making him heaps of $$ anyway.

Anyone disagree?

Discuss:cheers3:
maybe divol hacked his account? hehe

I love when players forego money to make a genuine effort to try and win a ship especially when they have alot of money already...I believe, I stated in the offseason thread, but West made about 77 million already how much of that he still has is a question but he still should be comfortable...unless he's Antoine Walker and getting duped by his family.

West has integrity and actually cares about the sport.
He has also made over 70 million in contract dollars...Much easier to turn money down and go for a championship ..... And btw next year when the cap goes up, expect him to sign a 2 year contract for ???? 12/13 mill

Gonna be hard to get into a disagreement among most of us. I applaud the decision. Go try and win one with the premier NBA organization of the past 20 years.

Back