Mike Miller to Miami?

wreck

Pretty much a regular
Mike Miller To Miami?: Pencil Mike Miller as the next guy traded, or so he believes. Miller has told people close to him that he fully expects to be traded before the Feb. 21st trade deadline, and according to sources close to the situation it's likely going to be to Miami for Jason Williams' ending contract or Ricky Davis depending on who you talk to. Nothing is ever done until it's done, but if Miami does trigger the deal, the HEAT will have radically improved themselves without ever hitting free agency.

Why would Memphis consider such a move? Word is the Grizz would get cash from Miami in the deal and ultimately buyout Jason shedding yet another guaranteed deal and setting up the Grizz to be one of the biggest players in free agency (and likely Chicago's biggest nemesis in keeping Ben Gordon). The HEAT are not the only team with eyes for Mike Miller, there are other suitors (Miller could be Dallas' fallback plan). It seems if the HEAT and Grizz are serious about a deal, there doesn't appear to be much in the way of it happening before the 21st.

trainwreck..you read same thing I did last night.

Miami went to being in dumps for many years and most likely losing Wade to now having some flexibility and perhaps even some pieces.

I am sure you also read from same source that even Marion could be back on move before trade deadline. Now, thats a longhot but nothing should come as a suprise.

Agent Zero ever think about going to Memphis you think lol.

Just cleaning house man....

sets up for a few nice years in FA

That may be true, but who wants to go to Memphis, nobody really wanted to go there when they were winning and had money. Why would they come now. I can't imagine in big name player who could actually change a franchise, or greatly improve it, heading to Memphis, outside of Yag they have no interesting players, maybe Conley, I suppose... but who knows. Sucks to be a Grizzlies' fan right now.

That may be true, but who wants to go to Memphis, nobody really wanted to go there when they were winning and had money. Why would they come now. I can't imagine in big name player who could actually change a franchise, or greatly improve it, heading to Memphis, outside of Yag they have no interesting players, maybe Conley, I suppose... but who knows. Sucks to be a Grizzlies' fan right now.

Totally understand but with few teams with cap money they should be able to get at least a 2nd tier star or two and build.

lotto pick + conley + Yag (and lowry!) .. it's a start

Throw in a top FA and I think you have a good foundation..

Why did Joe Johnson go to Atlanta? He said he wanted to be THE guy. I'm sure there are many young players who would like the same along with a fat paycheck.

Why did Joe Johnson go to Atlanta? He said he wanted to be THE guy. I'm sure there are many young players who would like the same along with a fat paycheck.
No doubt. Guys want to win but some also want to have a chance to show their full skill set.

Riley is doing now, what he should have done in the off season. Why Miller by the way? Is Banks the PG that will lead Miami to glory? I don't diss him or anything, but still, leading PG he is not.

Memphis makes a mistake in this trade I believe. Right now they have too nice team. They need Miller as an old veteran of the club and a guy sure had his magic moments there. With Gasol, Battier, Damon, all gone, it's to big of a revolution to dump Miller as well.

The lakers were gonna get Miller and Warrick but Grizz didnt want Odom's contract I dont know why. I think I would have done that deal

Never underestimate the power of having a ton of cap flexibility, everyone in the world understands one language, and that is MONEY!

:36_1_36: money;

it's not just joe johnson, there are a lot more on that list... big ben who is having a poor year, rashard lewis got his fat check for being a second or third option, interesting what money can do

I don't think Ben Wallace is a good comparison. Chicago isn't a small market or bad city when it comes to basketball and Big Ben was well established as a player before he came to Chicago, doing much more so back in Detroit than now in Chicago, winning a ring and a defensive POY award. Yes, money drew him, but his situation and say Joe Johnson's were very different IMO. Chicago was also a playoff team before he came. Let's not forget also that Wallace had a fallout with the coaching staff or Saunders specifically.

Kyle Lowrys on the block!

Nuggets, 76ers, Heat and Nets are interested

Come on Eddie boy - get this done!!

I need Kyle Lowry back in Philly

Kyle Lowrys on the block!

Nuggets, 76ers, Heat and Nets are interested

Come on Eddie boy - get this done!!

I need Kyle Lowry back in Philly

If anyone can pick up Lowry for a bag of chips, its a steal. I like the way he plays, wish he was a better shooter, but he's a throwback.

I have an unhealthy obsession with Kyle Lowry

If i was running a team and could draft a squad from everyone in the NBA, given his contract and potential and heart and game, he would definitely be on my 12 man roster

no doubt

I have an unhealthy obsession with Kyle Lowry

If i was running a team and could draft a squad from everyone in the NBA, given his contract and potential and heart and game, he would definitely be on my 12 man roster

no doubt

:cheers: Agreed, although he must improve his jumper, give him a consistent midrange game, some resemblance of a three point shot, he'd be a stud. He's definitely the type of gritty player and team should welcome

get rid of gasol and miller to make room for ben gordon? lol...

who else is a free agent that would go to memphis?

Who do they give up for him? I mean, at 1mill a season, it's gonna be a youngin, I don't think there are any pieces Memphis wants to unload with him, that Philly should have any interest in.

I played with Kyle Lowry in youth basketball. He was friends with Shane Clark (Villanova), who also played for our team. Philly really doesn't need him.

I played with Kyle Lowry in youth basketball. He was friends with Shane Clark (Villanova), who also played for our team. Philly really doesn't need him.

Yeah cause theyre so stacked with talent they cant use any more. (sarcasm) Of course they could use him. Maybe not now with Dre but defintly in 2 years when hes gone

Back