Miguel Tejada: Not just a juicer! He lied about his age too

^ As he should have been.

Unbelievably classless move by ESPN...

This is about the 3rd or 4th time that they've tried to CREATE sporting news instead of reporting it...I hope someone else saw the way they brought this up in the E60

Yes, Tejada shouldn't have lied about his age...but once he did at age 19 (saying he was 17) he was almost stuck. We all pretty much know/knew Tejada was probably older than he has said, the same goes for Pujols. Two years, OK...that's not enough of a gap to go and pull this kind of stunt.

ESPN takes another huge L for this one...

I just watched the video again and felt a little sick. I'm going to boycott ESPN from now on unless it's to watch an actual Sporting Event...this is just BEYOND believable, and if people watch that interview and don't feel the same way then I just don't know what to say

Seriously who cares !!!!!

If you know anything about MLB yo know EVERY SINGLE player from a LATIN country lies about there age !!!!! Its encouraged !! Not one player signed from a latin American country is the correct age .....again who cares......

You really think Houston was blinded by this info?

I agree. ESPN will do anything for ratings or a story. Typical of our media.

typical of most actually. I write for a hoops magazine here in Croatia (cover the NBA) and our policy is AFFIRMATIVE and REALISTIC writing. No sensational crap, no shit or fabricated facts. And people love us.

Needless to say I had to turn down a couple of internet portals and magazines prior to that, since they were full of shit.

I can't lie about anyone for any money, let alone for the money they pay the writers here.

I know a Latin player or three that have played in the majors that fudged there age and its widely known yet there DOB have never been changed. I think its nice for them to not have to worry about it . Its dont changing anything. The stone age wisdom that they will start "losing" it a aplayer at a certain age is being brushed away as players extend there careers into there 40's...Miggy what 33....age isnt a big issue in my eyes in regards to production...and all the GMs are aware of this..

I hope he goes off for your fantasy squad though..

Julio Franco was born in "1958"

Thats actually funny you mention him cause most people even believe his older then he says.....think he signed with Philly late 70's made the majors in 81/82...hard to believe he isnt 50 already...that would mean someone actually signed someone from that Dominican at the age of 20...seems odd...they usually get those kids at 16..or so they say...I know alot of guys fessed up in recent years with all the passport issues and stuff..tighter security after 9-11...

Back