mid-ohio

captjohn67

Pretty much a regular
31-36 (+19.63)

only four races to go with a mere 13 points separating Helio + Power. It would appear the Captain (that's Roger Penske) is going to get his first championship since 2006. I said appear, because stranger things have happened. So indy car has run seven races here with Dixon winning an unbelievable four, Ganassi winning six of the seven, and Penske claiming the other. Interesting to note that the last two run here had no cautions, and there has been an avg of 5.42 lead changes per. How impt is qualifying?? The winner of these seven races has never qualified worse than 6th. Hello.

Dixon - avg qual 6.11/ avg finish 4.0 ( previously mentioned 4 wins and another podium in 9 efforts total)

Marco - 8.57/7.8 in seven attempts -- zero podiums and no top 5's - disappointing year is coming to a close sitting 9th in the points -

Power - 4.0/5.2 in 5 attempts - 4 of those were top 5's but no wins -

Helio - 8.72/7.90 - two wins and a total of 5 podiums in the 11 efforts is very nice

Conway - 16.33/ 22.33 in 3 attempts - i need to dig deeper and see what transpired in these three. I do know he picked the wrong end of the doubleheader to win last weekend. Bastard....just kidding. I've always liked this guy.

more in a little bit....

Conway :
2012 - RAF (running at finish) (lead lap)
2011 - out of race lap 63 - exhaust
2009 - out of race lap 69 - suspension

Kanaan - 11.83/11.33 - only three top 5's in 12 starts - please note he has 3 podiums in his last three this year and i think he has finally found his groove. Will be interesting to see how they treat him in this spot.

Pagenaud - 9.66/6.0 - those don't inspire at first blush, but it is 2 podiums in 3 starts - i no longer hope for insulting numbers on him, those days are behind us until further notice

Rahal - 15.33/16.16 - one top 10 in 6 efforts and these numbers are not inspiring no matter how many times you step to your left and look at them again - same as it ever was

Wilson - 7.0/15.4 -- only one top 10 in 5 trips - just can't put it all together

Briscoe - 3.4/6.4 - has a win and a 2nd in his 5 efforts -- he has only one top 5 all year long, but this is my dark horse. If you're questioning my sanity for thinking such, i don't blame you

Bourdais - two top 5's in 4 attempts here ( 8.25/7.5) last year he started slow, but finished the year with 6 out of the final 8 being top 10's. Currently, he has 4 out of the last 6 being top 10's (along with a huge confidence boosting win ) Is there a pattern here?? Hell if i know, but be careful attempting to make him your huckleberry would be my unsolicited advice. Let's see if he is a pre-qualifying +1350ish again and we'll at least know where their minds are at...

Sato - there are 3 rookies that are ahead of him in the points standings, need i say more?? three top 10's all year and one top 10 here in 4 efforts. I have no idea what he will be doing next year, but he won't be driving for A.J.

RHR - he damn well better show up if he wants to make the points race interesting - 8 efforts comprised of 6.375/6.6 -- 7 of those 8 are top 10's, with two being podiums. Let's not forget he does have three wins this year. Predicting a +675 on him.

tired of talking all of a sudden. See you when they have some numbers up. :beer4:

i thought the race was last Sunday, so sorry for starting the thread so early.

Hinch +2750 ( 0.04) i can't give you much reason to support this play, but i'm playing it anyway
Briscoe +4500 ( 0.03)
Bourdais +1700 (0.10)

rest will be matchups...

certainly not optimal conditions yesterday for qualifying and it looks like 30% chance of showers today. Personally I'd concentrate on the combined practice sessions more than I would on just yesterday.

Dixon -115 Helio - Helio has had a tough go of it
Kanaan +115 Newgarden - you won't see this type of number often and I would make it a pick em instead of a -145

looking for Hunter-Reay/ Pagenaud matchups where they are against each other. I think one of the two wins today fwiw

I keep wanting to hit submit on Wilson -105 Munoz, but I can't do it and I'm not sure why. Beginning to think this is all we're going to have.

need to go check on mom and dad, but i'll see if anything else surfaces after lunch. Fresh stuffed pablanos from the garden and corn on the cob today is the menu. Find nothing but winners gentlemen. GLTA

Back