Michigan Fires Don Brown

No worries, at the rate they develop Qb's, OSU is good. But NEXT year is THE year for them!! I just hope Jimmy gets a long term extension.

Was good while it lasted, vs some opponents, thinking about prior year games vs the likes of Penn State with Harbaugh singing his praises. It happens. Things get stale, you have to do different things when it's not working in the games that matter most.

Was good while it lasted, vs some opponents, thinking about prior year games vs the likes of Penn State with Harbaugh singing his praises. It happens. Things get stale, you have to do different things when it's not working in the games that matter most.
Yeah ...thing with Don...

He's a good guy and with the right pieces his defense can be very effective most of the time ..

But ..

He was not great at adjusting to his talent at all.

The 2016-2018 defenses were pretty good (except crossing patterns to end 2018 IU/OSU)

That veteran talent started going to nfl though...

Against very skilled teams...it just started showing more and more...

Don and Narduzzi are two of the most stubborn scheme defensive coaches out there, both very successful at times but unyielding in some ways to adapting to the personnel.

I can think of another. But he’s an asshole.

Don at least to my knowledge seems like a good dude

Most likely.

Extension was done, Covid hit in March, so they waited (optics)... Who knows new deal but guessing it's different... Definitely I'm guessing the AD, money guys wanted some changes with assistants are min

I know he gets shit on a lot but ultimately who they gonna bring in who better? I just don’t think Michigan or anyone else in the big 10 has the ability to compete with that football factory in Ohio! By which I mean the bobcats of course!!! ;)

Most likely.

Extension was done, Covid hit in March, so they waited (optics)... Who knows new deal but guessing it's different... Definitely I'm guessing the AD, money guys wanted some changes with assistants are min
Makes sense, shorten the leash, now's not the time to make wholesale changes

He does still seem to recruit well, and a lame duck coach or replacement during covid would have meant a big set back

Back