Michigan could be 8-1 by the time they play Michigan State......

gridironguy

Pretty much a regular
They will likely be favored in the next 8 games. Sure, they just got ambushed at home by a D-1AA powerhouse, but it was bound to happen sooner or later. I don't believe Michigan is as bad as they looked today.

How many people realize that Appalachian State was 26-4 in the past 2 seasons and had won the 1-AA championship 2 yrs in a row.

Appalachian is better than about 50 D-1A programs. I would know, I have seen them play quite a few times in the past few years.

Don't sleep on Michigan -- they might still make a run, and the chances are better than people think..

I agreed that Appy is better than some of the shit D-1 teams but our biggest worry entering this season was the defense and it showed today. The game I feared in September most was/is Penn State and I think even the UM secondary could make Morelli look like a Heisman candidate.

Here's hoping that's the case

I second that.

Here's Michigan's problem. It's called "Lloyd Carr."

Its symptoms include being out-coached by pretty much anybody who can follow an episode of Sesame Street, and often being unprepared, at home against lesser teams.

That said, this should create some value with this team over the next few weeks with this team.

Here's hoping that's the case

I second that.

Here's Michigan's problem. It's called "Lloyd Carr."

Its symptoms include being out-coached by pretty much anybody who can follow an episode of Sesame Street, and often being unprepared, at home against lesser teams.

That said, this should create some value with this team over the next few weeks with this team.

Carr must feel like Oscar the Grouch on this one

It will depend on the lines and their schedule.

The natural tendency in college after a beat like this, one that basically ends your season before it starts, is to take a week to sulk then sort of get back to business.

If their schedule is friendly, as they start to mount a comeback there might be a couple of games where they're favored by 14 or 17, maybe 20, where they need to win by at least 28 or so to even start to get noticed again in the world of polls and rankings.

But if they have to play highly offensive teams it may not be worth it because of, as you mention, that defense.

Carr must feel like Oscar the Grouch on this one

More likely he feels like whichever of Bert and Ernie was the catcher.

I'll ride PSU even as a DD fav over any Carr led team. AS is a good team, but they beat the number 5 team in the country in its own house. That should only happen to the U of Texas at Austin. Good Luck.

They will likely be favored in the next 8 games. Sure, they just got ambushed at home by a D-1AA powerhouse, but it was bound to happen sooner or later. I don't believe Michigan is as bad as they looked today.

How many people realize that Appalachian State was 26-4 in the past 2 seasons and had won the 1-AA championship 2 yrs in a row.

Appalachian is better than about 50 D-1A programs. I would know, I have seen them play quite a few times in the past few years.

Don't sleep on Michigan -- they might still make a run, and the chances are better than people think..

have to disagree with you on this one, first time ever a ranked team has lost to a 2 A school ever and at home no less. If Carr is still coach come Mon. morning it will be a long season for the blue men. :shake:

<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" width="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">Michigan may lose 5 games...Ive heard quite a few Michigan fans predict that
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

GridIronGuy: No chance that you'll get Penn State + double-digits now.

I agree:15_10_5: & will be on PS regardless of spread; PS is loaded as is Mich, but PS HC is far better than Carr:bong:. Any thoughts on TT/SMU Over?

Speed kills.

There is enough parity in the college ranks that if you put enough quick guys out there at the same time, it can be challenging to keep up.

speed and teams with heart/motivation is what college sports is all about.

Back