Michigan -25.5 vs appy st??? am i missing something here???

Status
Not open for further replies.

adampeck

can somebody please elaborate on this game??? why is a top 5 team laying less than 4 tds at home against a d1aa team?

I actually think this opened at -21. Others know far more than I do about this match-up, but I think there were a couple of people looking to get Appy St. at +30.

B/C this Michigan team may be one of the most overrated teams ever...and thats the words straight from a Michigan fan. but then again it is Appy St..

My only thought on this game is to stay away. Carr is notorious for not running it up, and unless I'm mistaken wasn't appy st. pretty good last year?

Peck,

The line opened at 21 -115. Unlike all the other x-tra games at Dimes it stood still for quite awhile. A week later it jumped to 23.5. Now, another week later it is 25.5.

Appy is starting 6 newcomers on defense. They are facing perhaps the best O-Line in the country with an undersized defensive line. At 21, I would have taken Michigan. The value is gone now though.

If I'm remembering right Appy State made it pretty deep into their playoffs and returns most of their guys. I'll take Appy if I can get 28, but may still take Michigan 1H

I think they did Jump. If not they made it to the finals I believe. If it gets to 28 I think I might have to bite

Damn you all are uninformed! Appy State has won back-to-back I-AA national titles, going a combined 26-4 the past two years. They rolled through their I-AA competition last year, and won each of their playoff games by double digits.

They return 7 starters on offense, with their dual threat QB back (2251 yards, 15 TDs, 10 INTs passing, 1153 yards, 15 TDs rushing), and top RB (1676 yards, 30 TDs). They are definitely the favorite to win it all for a 3rd consecutive year.

Lindetrain...that's great and all but it is still a D1-AA school and they actually are replacing a lot on their line this year. Michigan should roll but I still won't touch it...too many unknowns.

appy state can run the option like nobody's business. It would not surprise me for app state to have 300 yards rushing. Most of mich's fantastic front 7 is gone so they should really be able to churn up the yards.

GL on whatever you decide.

appy state can run the option like nobody's business. It would not surprise me for app state to have 300 yards rushing. Most of mich's fantastic front 7 is gone so they should really be able to churn up the yards.

GL on whatever you decide.

I went to the 1A Finals last year in Chatanooga between UMass and App State. Really a great game and testament to App. State doing a great job running the option. Their QB is fast as greased lightning and really does a nice job in that offense. UMass had done a great job of stopping the run all year long, but App. State wore them down and had a great day on the ground in what was an excellent final game. Their defense may be revamping but if they can burn some clock running the option, they may be a decent dog here.

21 was probably a gift, but after that it looks like a non-play. The problem here lies mainly in motivation. The kids from Appy have been thinking about this game since the second they won the 1-AA title last year. All summer long gearing up for Michigan while Michigan could give two shits about them other than the fact that some of their fan base is probably not that happy about playing them. Somebody correct me if I'm wrong from the Michigan side of things. This is probably a good game to keep an eye on for a haltime play. I could see App. sticking around for a half but getting wore down by the far more physical and athletic team in the 2nd half.

Michigan is a terrible team, for me, to wager on. I guess I don't follow them, enough.

They never cover, when I think they will. And, then they cover, when I don't think that they can.

I try to lay off Michigan games.

daveniner

michigan as dog...gold

michigan with short number on road..gold

everything else...not so much

Remember fellas. App St was -21 at NCSU last year. Now they travel to Michigan and it opens at -21. Even at -25 I still lean Michigan...

though I didn't fill up the rest of my bet. I have -23.5.

App runs the option well against 1AA schools - not so much against a real defense such as NCSU's. NCSU gave up 10 pts to them last year...off giving up 4 turnovers to ASU's 2. App had 6 FDs (2 for 14 3rd down conversions) and 133 total yards.

Look at this travesty of a football game.

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/boxscore?confId=&gameId=262450152

If App played HALF as well as you guys fear they will this year, they would have beaten the wolfpack. How much worse will they fare against a team that won't give them so many redzone opportunities by making stupid fumbling mistakes?

NCSU receiving...7 receptions for 36 yards.
NCSU rushing 44 rushes for 206 yards and 4.7 ypc - this with some converted DTs on the O line.

There's no reason to put this line in the same spot as NCSU last year. It should be in the 30s.

redbearde brings up some great points.

it seems like most people are giving appy state way too much credit here. they are still a d1aa team. just becuase they run wild on 1aa defenses, doesnt mean they can do the same in the big house. i think that game against ncsu should be a big stop sign for those wanting to get on appy st

it looks like mich or no play here

another thing you guys might consider is that I hang out with a bunch of app st grads and students semi regularly......and none of them are particularly optimistic about a third NC for em....hopeful sure, but not terribly optimistic.

:shake:

Ap state won the 1aa championship in a blowout againt umass. They are returning all of there stars and most of them are transfers from 1A programs or jo cos.

Also Michigan will take the lead and then run the ball the rest of the game

I would take the points in this one. App State has won D1AA championship 2 years in a row. They are a very good program and their QB is really fast. I hope to catch it at around 27 and will pound App. State.

:36_11_6:$$$$$$$. Like I said in the previous post, App St. is dangerous. Not a fan of them but know their game. They are solid. :spank:I wished I had pounded it alot more. I cant see how Mishitgan can be in the top 25 after this one. That was the biggest upset in big "Blue" history or possibly D1 football history. They are a joke to D1 football to lose their opener to a D1AA team.

I hope Herbstreet, Fowler and Corso think more about them "Cupcakes" they were tossing around this morning.
:smiley_abve:
I am sure that some teams will think twice about scheduling a D1aa team for the home opener after this one.
:23_6_102:

My rec specks have perfect 20/20 vision when u look back too...this ain't covers..

we don't do "told u so's here"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back