Miami @ Washington

Stew Baker

Pretty much a regular
Anybody's guess what kind of form Hellickson is in in his second start off the DL. Sure showed little in his first start vs. Phi.

Pablo Lopez, along with Sandy Alcatara, was recalled from AAA New Orleans in light of the Urena injury and the Straily suspension. He pitched well enough in his ML debut

IP H R ER BB SO HR ERA
Pablo Lopez (W 1-0) 6.0 6 2 2 1 5 2 3.00

to earn a second start. The competition wasn't great, as it was the Mets, but neither is the slumping, banged up Nationals team (last night's team meeting notwithstanding).
Not in love with the idea of backing the Mia. bullpen, but Mia F5 +168 might be worth a gamble.

Was leaning towards taking Nats F5 RL. Either they bring it today after their team meeting or they gonna keep sucking.. -130 right now still debating this

I will jump in on the 1st 5 Marlins dog +160 with you Stew Baker for the reasons mentioned. in baseball and NHL hockey it is "do NOT fight a STREAK", Eh ??? :)

This is a tough one. If not for the team meeting, I think Marlins might be worth a small wager, but likely a pass for me. Hellickson had early season success at home and I could see him putting up a quality start tonight. My biggest lean is the under, but if the Nats' start hitting Lopez tonigth I don't think they'll stop. He pitches in the strike zone (maybe a bit too much) and I think Nationals may be able to tee off on him with some mini-momentum from the meeting. I see the Marlins u3.5 +115 as having maybe the most value.

I will jump in on the 1st 5 Marlins dog +160 with you Stew Baker for the reasons mentioned. in baseball and NHL hockey it is "do NOT fight a STREAK", Eh ??? :)

Hokey Smoke!!! SIX run 2nd inning Marlies and 7-0 bottom of 2nd Nats batting AND the Nats go one-two-three down in the 2nd:baseballfire:

Well, I took the Nats +5* -130 to try and recoup my under play.

Bol tonight fellas...

NINE freeking NINE RUNS, Marlies top of 4th ??? TWO home runs Marlies in the game so far off "The Pitcher from Hell"ickson :)

Lopez walks in a run now 9-2 bases still loaded one out. Marlies "need a hoover" (double play). Nats score again BUT Marlies get the 2nd out. now 9-3 men 1st & 3rd. SHIT!!! 2 run double and now 9-5 :hang:

If Washington plays sick men they get what they deserve. Naturaly Hellickson gets a great ump to freeze me.

Cheese LOU-ese!!! game turned into a slugfest late. 5 runs in 6th and 4 in 7th for Nats and NOW 3 for the Marlies top of 8th to make it 14-12 Nat and STILL no one OUT :eek:

WOW!!! guess we should have played the Nats In Game when they were down 2-9. was +650. NOW grand slam Turner bottom of 6th makes it 10-9 Nats :confused:
only 650? wow books might have sseen this coming , any other game payout would have been at least double that for that score

Back