Miami vs Texas A&M

ahitspat

Pretty much a regular
Record 1-1 +1.9 units

Im playing miami -3 5 u. I will have thoughts on this in a bit busy right now just posting this line right now as it might move up I think, but i never know with the crazy lines that happen at kyle field.

My thoughts in no particular order on this game. First off, we lack speed on our (aggie) team while miami has a very fast team and I dont mean just speed which they definitely have. They are also fast with their instincts imo... They get to the ball quickly and have been pretty good at pass rushing. I imagine new mexico and arkansas state giving our o-line horrible fits and it just bodes badly for the aggies to see what a defense like miami will bring to the table... We already average taking 3.5 sacks per game in our first 2 games and i can only imagine more coming. After 3 quarters against florida, the score was 9-3 and i cant really compare florida to A&M... florida is light years ahead of us in every department. If miami could stop florida for 3 quarters, the aggies are just not going to score. Our o-line is just horrendous. Also, Jerrod Johnson threw some balls that were up for grabs against new mexico and our receiver fuller was able to pluck them out, but i have a feeling with the atheletes that miami has, they will be able to catch a few interceptions. Even if mcgee starts, same thing will happen to him. IMO, the qb playing really doesnt matter that much. Tannenhill is listed day to day because of a high ankle sprain (he's our 3rd string qb turned receiver and is one or our receiving leaders... my guess is he will be a go cuz we definitely need him to play) Having just fuller wont be enough.

Also, i think the offensive production is a bit skewed for miami against a defense like florida. I watched so many missed tackles in the new mexico game it was sickening. Another thing, miami's o line is HUGE and should have a field day against our defensive line. In the new mexico game, the aggies were outgained badly even though a lot of the yards came from garbage yards at the end of the game where it was pretty much impossible for NM to catch up again; however, I think NM shot themselves in the foot with costly turnovers that were definitely not created by the aggie defense. Porterie was just way off on his passes and basically threw it to the aggies. I really think miami is going to have a lot of fun running against our defense and every once in a while throwing the bomb downfield because our pass coverage is terrible and gets beaten all the time.

Another thing to look at is the youth of their roster. They have 13 true freshmen, so they are also very inexperienced as well. Their offense is probably in someway comparable to ours but I think their speed and athleticism will win out. Both Marve and Harris will be getting snaps according miami's coach but they are very young. Kyle field will be rocking as this is a revenge game and our biggest game to date and this could be bad for young qbs....; however, kyle field has really lost a lot of luster lately and hasnt helped us win that many games as of late.

I definitely like playing miami -3 and if you have any thoughts please respond, id love to hear what others have to saya and ill try to respond back. Good luck in whatever you play.

Last edited:
How's Miami going to score??

Under might be the best play but big edge to A&M revenge and homefield in a pretty evenly contested contest IMO.

Do you think they can score more than 3 points
LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

A & M will have trouble scoring. McGee just isn't accurate enough to run a pro-style offense. They have been outgained badly by both powerhouses they have played so far. They will give it what they got just not sure that is enough. Fade this team until further notice.

this game will truly be defined as an ofensive shit fest.. ala hurricanes and seminoles matchups in 05

A & M will have trouble scoring. McGee just isn't accurate enough to run a pro-style offense. They have been outgained badly by both powerhouses they have played so far. They will give it what they got just not sure that is enough. Fade this team until further notice.

Aggies aren't usually right about anything, but when they are....lookout.

:shake:

i can see miami scoring. I didnt think they looked too bad against the gators, despite only getting 3 pts. I think Miami can and will run the ball against the aggies.

I see that McGee is questionable this week, but I thought the back-up did pretty good against New Mexico...he kind of reminded me of Reggie McNeal...also, what's the status of Mike Goodson?...

Jerrod Johnson has a lot of hype, but McGee is still the better QB.

The difference in this game is athletes. Miami is full of athletes. A&M has one.

Going to play the Under 42 (bought up from 41.5) here. Like everyone mentioned, how is any team going to score?? 42 points?? This total should be around 37 IMO.

Going to play the Under 42 (bought up from 41.5) here. Like everyone mentioned, how is any team going to score?? 42 points?? This total should be around 37 IMO.

The only reason I'm laying off the o/u is because of the late cover last year. How is any team going to score? This is the exact same thing that was said last year. Not saying the under wont hit...I just think the Miami side is a way better play.

Miami's offense aren't world-beaters by any means. But I think some people are seriously underestimating just how bad this a&m team really is. They could make the Miami O look pretty good.

The only reason I'm laying off the o/u is because of the late cover last year. How is any team going to score? This is the exact same thing that was said last year. Not saying the under wont hit...I just think the Miami side is a way better play.

Miami's offense aren't world-beaters by any means. But I think some people are seriously underestimating just how bad this a&m team really is. They could make the Miami O look pretty good.

That cover last yr on the total was total bullshit, I'm thinking of trying my luck on that again

A & M lost line and receivers so they will not put up the points they put up last year. If this was last years team I would like A & M, that team scored 30 or more 6 times and beat Texas and Okie St

This spread is coming down...Pinny has -3 +100 now...

Any news outta Miami or is this just some TAMU steam, midweek?

for once, i think your aggies are actually going to win this game. miami is the same old miami; no offense. jerrod johnson is a slippery dude a la pat white. a&m should be laying the 3 in this game.:cheers:

he may be slippery but he still got sacked 3 times against the NM Defense... our line is that bad

Every Aggie fan and knowledgable follower knows that Jerrod Johnson is fiction, not fact. Stephen McGee is the better, overall, QB between the two.

Miami's D is better than New Mexico. And, JJ only passed for around 120 yards. Sure he had 3 TDs, but two of them were on short fields of 20 yards, after turnovers.

Even more telling is that Johnson led exactly ONE DRIVE from Aggie territory in to New Mexico territory. He only led ONE DRIVE that crossed the 50. In fact, he also led one drive that started in NM territory and ENDED in Aggie territory.

for once, i think your aggies are actually going to win this game. miami is the same old miami; no offense. jerrod johnson is a slippery dude a la pat white. a&m should be laying the 3 in this game.:cheers:
:36_11_6:

Back