Miami vs Marshall News

mutosufan

Fiance made him quit gambling
Doug Legursky, center, 1st team CUSA LY and Remmington Award watch list, is out with an injury for 2-3 weeks. That has to hurt a 300 lb lineman's conditioning and continuity along the line. Out 2 weeks, that gives him about 2 to get in shape. If he is out 3 then that is only 1 week to get prepared for a top 5 D.

Albert McClellan, DE and CUSA Def POY LY, is OUT FOR THE YEAR reports are going around.

Nothing like loosing the best 2 players on the team on the 1st day of practice. Geez

Thanks for this info. It's what pushed me over to Miami. I've been contemplating this line since it came out. It went down a point, then up a half. I snagged it at 19.5. I just don't think Marshall can hang at all against Miami at home. Especially with leaders on both sides of the ball now gone. I expect Miami to put up a number in the 40s and Marshall at best, getting 17.

I dont see us keeping it close with them either. Our fans can say all they want about Miami's terrible offense, but our pass D last year was 90th I think. It was bad. They still have very good Rb's that will be the best we see outside of Steve Slaton. We are small up fron and have no depth. The heat, heat, heat will kill us the 2nd half because they will be on the field all the time due to the ineptness of our QB. A lot of 3 and outs in 90+ degree heat is bad news for mid majors. This isnt the 1999 MU team that sent 6 defensive players to the NFL and several offensive there too.

I'm surprised the forum isn't talking about this one. I was prepared to hit this at anything lower than 21. I understand the Hurricanes really didn't surprise anyone last year. Even the games they were supposed to rip through, they didn't: 14-13 Houston, 27-7 NC, 20-15 Duke and even 35-0 FIU, aren't pleasing to an ATS eye, (even if they did cover the NC and FIU game)

But all of those games were after they suffered two losses. The mindset wasn't there. The fans were all upset. The season was already on the way down after the demoralizing loss @Louisville. I think the team, fans and program will be pumped up for this year. Even though the offense isn't what it used to be, the defense is solid and I think Miami comes out making a statement here and covers this #. I'd now like to know why others here aren't feeling this play.

I'll admit that I have ignored this game until now. Losing those guys will really hurt Marshall. This game strikes me as similar to TCU/Baylor in many ways. Will Miami getting enough? Still mulling that one over.

I'd now like to know why others here aren't feeling this play.

I refuse to lay that kind of # with this team until proven otherwise. Its kind of a "show-me-you-can-score-and-cover-large-spreads" kind of thing here for me. The defense should have no problem really against Marshall, especially since the only threat they had last yr is gone but that offense, I just don't trust yet.

Appreciate the updates bro! I locked in on this one as soon as the line came out, basing in on Miami's stellar defense and Marshall's pass defense.

I'm gonna miss RB Bradshaw this year from Marshall's team...thought he was one of the more underrated RB's in the country last year...

pags-Yup, not a bad back at all.

Not sure why but I sort of have a soft spot in my heart (yes i have one , thank you) for the thundering herd. Game is a no bet for me. Even if miami has the ability to light it up, im not sure they show their best here the week before OU. and there is no way in hell i am betting marshall either. hehe.

Bradshaw was a nice back for bigger schools and an awsome back for MU. HE always got banged up....to his credit, played through it too. Terrible decision to leave early IMO. With the other JR RB'sthat left early too, he should have stayed another year. Maybe it was due to the injuries, he wanted his shot at the NFL. It about cost him though. He dropped all the way to the end of the last round.

Bobby Pruett left MU freaking bare with talent. The same man that built MU to 10th in the country, tore the same school down to where it is today.

mutosu,

agreed, if he stayed another year, he would have been a top 15-20 pick...

just read Marshall lost their best defensive player today...can anyone confirm this?...

mutosu,

agreed, if he stayed another year, he would have been a top 15-20 pick...

just read Marshall lost their best defensive player today...can anyone confirm this?...

Yes it is 100% confirmed. They told him with rehab he could be back and play at 80-90% or have surgery and come back next season at 100%. He chose the surgery.

Let me get this straight. Fields was trying to replace the 1st string that was injured, got injured himself, and now Marshall is forced to start their 3rd string??? This Miami play looks better and better.

But MU's PK seems good, hitting 10 of 11.

I'm banking on Marshall's offense to be so inept, they won't score above 17. I'd be disappointed and worried if Miami doesn't score 35-42. If the offense performs flawlessly, this should be an easy cover. Despite the injuries, the defense is still the strength of this team.

HC--

Times Miami has scored 35 or more and margin of victory:

2006: Florida A&M (51-10), FIU (35-0)
2005: Clemson (36-30 3OTs), Duke (52-7), Wake Forest (47-17)
2004: La Tech (48-0), Houston (38-13), L-ville (41-38), Wake Forest (52-7)
2003: La Tech (48-9), Florida (38-33), ECU (38-3), Temple (52-14)
2002: Florida A&M (63-17), Florida (41-16), Temple (44-21), BC (38-6), UConn (48-14), WVU (40-23), Rutgers (42-17), Va Tech (56-45)

Notice the trend? Offense has gone downhill over the years to the point that the only teams they posted 35 or more on last year was a D-IAA and Sun Belt team.

However, if they're going to post 35, it would be a game like this.

Let me get this straight. Fields was trying to replace the 1st string that was injured, got injured himself, and now Marshall is forced to start their 3rd string??? This Miami play looks better and better.

But MU's PK seems good, hitting 10 of 11.

Yes that is true. The snapped went hrough his hands and hit him right in the shest. He pickd it up and I have no idea why the whistles were not blown and got mauled by SIX defenders the report says. Now the 3rd string, whoever the hell that is, will be next up. he 1st stringer was excellent and got hurt in pracitice when he punted and the KR broke through the coverage. Binswager went head on with the KR that was running full speed. Well you know what happens to kickers. He got rolled and tore his hip up I think it was.

The PK was awful last year. 4/19 or 7/19. Terrible!

Wish I wasnt a MU fan because I would take the 'Canes as much as I hate them.

RJ - certainly not a fan of their offense the last couple of years or the new OC that they brought in but if they can't cover Week 1 they will not cover the rest of the year in my opinion.

They keep on coming..................................

One of the two incoming Frosh RB's that are/were going to be #2 and #3 on the depth chart has just been pulled out of practice because of the the 14 days grace period allowed by the clearinghouse is up. Terrell Edwards is not practicing as of now until he can be cleared. So the Rb's are down to Small who has not been up to par and the 1 Frosh, Marshall who has been very good so far by all accounts.

The punting has gone outsied of the football program to find a punter. You would think the soccer team, but it isnt. He is from the baseball team, an incoming freshman.

Back