Memphis

Coppsguy

Poker Superstar
Ok what is with this team now that Fratello got canned? Is it just me, or do they score like 115 points night now? Plus they give up like 120! Is this new coach all offense or what.

Exhibit A Grizz Wolves sours over and Vegas cleans up.

Exhibit B Grizz/Bulls set at 221.5, you kiddin me, Grizz on back-to-back, along with a tough defensive squad in Chicago

Some smart NBA capper chim in and help me out. (A la Bar)

Coppsguy - the thing to remember IMO is the Grizz have done all this damage on a rather long homestand that was only punctured by 1 road game.

Their highest road totals this season - 226 (old coach, but didnt play their 'normal' style for that game), 220, 217, 204, 203 & 200.

They have surpassed this mark once on the road this season. I'm not of the opinion they wont add more 200+ totals to that list, but I'm not convinced they'll be as prolific on the road as at home.

But given their last 6 totals have been 220, 279, 247, 206, 246 & 226, I think this number is understandable.

BC- Any early guessed on the Phoenix/Memphis total Friday night? That HAS to be the highest set total this season IMO.

Killa, didnt even know that was coming up.

I'd tend towards Over. Anything less than 235 couldnt interest me in an under. Coming off tonights performance will surely suck some into thinking the Suns blast them combined with the huge number we'll no doubt see. Only a blowout, like tonight, will deny an Over here. Nothing other than the obvious from me, lol.

I was curious as to what you think they'll set the number at.

The highest I've seen this season is 231 (Phoenix/GS). This has to be higher than that. If it was 218 when Minny came to town, and it sailed over, what can they make this? Anything under 230 and I'll pound the over, but no way. I suspect it's in the range of 232-236. The shot clock won't hit 15 all night.

The key is that it's at Memphis. At Phoenix, you have blowout potential. But Memphis will score at home. Just not on the road.

I agree. I'd suspect between 232-236. Chances are I'll be passing. The potential for these 2 to score an 80 in 1 period is very realistic.

That should be a fun game to watch......should be a layup/dunk scrimmage for the Suns. If Miller gets hot from 3, these two could manage 260 or more...

...not that I would consider betting that.

I'm looking forward to the spread. 1-3......might be a good spot for Phoenix. 6-8 or more and I might have to look at Memphis - especially off that embarrassing loss to Chicago.

Have you guys noticed that Phoenix has been slowing the games down in the last half the 4th Q during that under streak? ...and even some befor?

.........or is it my imagination? They did it again tonight even with the game getting competitive. The stop the early shotclock/late transition offense and try to eat up 15 seconds instead of getting the frenetic buckets.

Seems to be making for some backdoor covers if the other team is any better than "Cleveland Mediocre"...

Back