Melo

Good fit for him. Portland desperately needs front court help, and their offense is very iso heavy. Plus he’s not gonna see many double teams with Dame and CJ on the floor. They should play him at the 4 and let him work on the block out of the post

Good fit for him. Portland desperately needs front court help, and their offense is very iso heavy. Plus he’s not gonna see many double teams with Dame and CJ on the floor. They should play him at the 4 and let him work on the block out of the post
You guys know way more NBA.

I thought the know I was he needs the ball to do ANYTHING

That happens in Portland? I get they need the position....

You guys know way more NBA.

I thought the know I was he needs the ball to do ANYTHING

That happens in Portland? I get they need the position....

My guess is, at least initially he comes off the bench, especially considering he hasn’t played in a year, and will need to gain his legs and conditioning. Plus it will allow him more iso heavy touches bc they can stagger some of the minutes w him, dame, cj, so he will have more freedom to work.

Can he spot up though? I thought I remember his spot up shooting % is well below the average stretch role player.

Can he spot up though? I thought I remember his spot up shooting % is well below the average stretch role player.
I read a blurb somewhere basically discussing that this only works if he has changed into a modern NBA player.

Analytics guys get way too carried away. Melo hasn’t played in over a year, had zero practices, and dame didn’t even play, so of course their offensive efficiency would suffer. Portland’s def efficiency was terrible without Melo it’ll be terrible w him, he’s not there for that. He’s there to give them additional scoring, any pulse of life in the front court, which they don’t have outside of the occasional Whiteside outburst.

I watched the game, he actually wasn’t bad offensively. You could tell he needs to build up his game conditioning, which is expected, but he was able to get open looks and get to his spots. He played to contact, got zero calls, and doesn’t have the explosion of the floor back, yet. Give it time.

Analytics guys get way too carried away. Melo hasn’t played in over a year, had zero practices, and dame didn’t even play, so of course their offensive efficiency would suffer. Portland’s def efficiency was terrible without Melo it’ll be terrible w him, he’s not there for that. He’s there to give them additional scoring, any pulse of life in the front court, which they don’t have outside of the occasional Whiteside outburst.

I watched the game, he actually wasn’t bad offensively. You could tell he needs to build up his game conditioning, which is expected, but he was able to get open looks and get to his spots. He played to contact, got zero calls, and doesn’t have the explosion of the floor back, yet. Give it time.

His +/- was like -40. They win that game by DD if they play Little instead of him. Of course he's not in game shape yet but you can see this is a disaster. He literally got picked on defensively every possession.

His "game" is 30 years too late. Would have been a great 80s/90s player.

Back