Melbourne World Cup of Golf

LeRinkRat

Pretty much a regular
November 21st thru 25th. The Metropolitan Club, Melbourne, Australia
stroke play two man best ball format
Wednesday Gold Channel 5:00pm thru 10pm pacific

team listing >>>http://www.europeantour.com/europeantour/season=2018/tournamentid=2018091/news/newsid=361083.html

2016 results
winners
Denmark (Thorbjorn Olesen & Soren Kjeldsen) [-20]
tied 2nd [-16]
China (Haotong Li & Ashun Wu)
France (Victor Dubuisson & Romain Langasque)
USA (Rickie Fowler & Jimmy Walker)
solo 5th [-15]
Sweden (Alex Noren & David Lingmerth)
tied 6th [-14]
Italy (Francesco Molinari & matteo Manassero)
Japan (Hideki Matsuyama & Ryo Ishikawa)

my bets "to win" (bet/return)
China 18-1 (Haotong Li & Ashun Wu) (10/190)
Thailand 30-1 (Kiradech Aphibarnrat & Prom Meesawat) (7/207)
Sweden 40-1 (Alex Bjork & Joakim Lagergrin) (5/205)
Canada 40-1 (Adam Hadwin & Nick Taylor) (5/205)

tourney match play (bet return)
China even over South Africa (50/100)
Denmark +120 over USA (50/110)

:shake:

LOW scores 1st round. Korea, England and Australia [-10] with Denmark, Belgium and 150-1 Malaysia [-9]. my best "to win" so far Sweden 40-1 [-7]

tourney match plays
China even [-6] over South Africa [-6] even
Denmark +120 [-9] over USA [-6] 3 up

:)

Last edited:
WOW!!! watching the 2nd round it is just MISERABLE cold wind and rain at The Metropolitan Club and the scores reflect it. ONLY the Mexicans [-3] thru #11, the Italians [-2] thru #7, the Indians [-1] thru #6 South Africa [-1] thru #9 the Scots (naturally. it's their weather) [-1] thru #10 and of all people the Canadians (must think they are curling) [-1] thru #12 are UNDER PAR!!!

my damn Danes just going down "like a turkey turd from a tall pine tree" [+6] for tourney [-3] thru #6

I'M FUCKED!!! :mad:

Last edited:
well just SIX TEAMS even par or better in the Friday alternate shot "mother in law" format. they play best ball Saturday BUT weather is forecast just as miserable the next two days. the Belgians Thomas Pieters & Thomas Detry [-1] tied for the lead with the Koreans Byeong Hun An & So Woo Kim [even] at [-10] then four tied for 3rd England [+2] India [even] Italy [-1] and 150-1 Malasia [+1] for [-8]. the two Englishmen "Hot Head" Hatton and "The Poulter-geist" were 3 over on the back side at on point and looked like a couple of "wet hens" squawking and bitching. LOL!!! the two 25-1 Mexicans played well with a [-2] for a solo 7th [-7] and were [-3] the whole round BUT bogied #18

turned out my match plays were NOT as big a WRECK as I expected as EVERYONE pretty much "blew up" BUT still two rounds to GO
China even [+4] for [-2] over South Africa [+4] for [-2] even
Denmark +120 [+5] for [-4] over USA [+7] for [+1] 5 up

well better weather and best ball format made for MUCH better scoring 3rd round. still playing the round BUT my match plays in. VERY disappoints in my ChiComs AND somewhat the Danes

China even [-4] for [-6] over South Africa [-6] for [-8] 2 down
Denmark +120 [-6] for [-10] over USA [-6] for [-5] 5 up

the Belgium crew of Detry and Pieters [-7] for [-17] thru #14 leading by four over Australia [-7] thru #17, Italy [-5] thru #14 with Mexico [-6] thru #16 AND my Swedes IN with [-8] ALL at [-13]. will see WHAT happens tomorrow with "mother in law" alternate shot to finish the tourney :)

Last edited:
well at the end of the 3rd round Belgium [-9] for tourney [-19] and a FIVE shot lead over Mexico [-7] Italy [-6] and Korea [-4] for [-14] then Sweden [-8], Australia [-7] and England [-5] for [-13]

keep an eye on young Thomas Detry of Belgium in up coming Euro Tour tourneys. in addition to this week he has had recent solo 7th Nedbank [-6] where he was tied 3rd after third round, tied 3rd Turkish [-15] tied 3rd KLM [-14] and tied 7th Denmark [-16]

WHEW!!! my Chi-Coms came alive in the final round to BEAT team South Africa and get me 2-0 in tourney match play :)

China even [-5] for [-11] over South Africa [even] for [-8] WIN 3 up
Denmark +120 [-7] for [-17] over USA [-4] for [-9] WIN 8 up

Belgium @ 12-1 [-4] for tourney [-23] the three shot winners over Mexico [-6] and Australia [-7] tied 2nd [-20] while the Canadians [-6] and Danes [-7] get tied 5th at [-17]

next up next week the Australian PGA Championship @ RACV Royal Pines Resort, Queensland, Australia. last years winner Cameron Smith [-18] in a playoff while his playing partner this week in Melbourne Marc Leishman got tied 4th [-14]

Back