Mcshay vs Kiper

YesSir

Brian Windhorst
Anyone have the results on how they did predicting the first round...I have a bet on Mcshay but not sure who won as the bet is still pending

it may depend on which mock u use though as they changed theirs yesterday....both might have hit lane johnson at 4 ...see if i can find it

well nevermind they updated two more times past their "last" mock that I heard...found a site that says Kiper got 8 and McShay 7...

[h=1]Update: Mel Kiper And Todd McShay AreBetter Than Our Uninformed Football Fan (And Some Random Polish Guy) At Mock Drafting[/h]by Matt Rudnitsky | 10:29 am, April 26th, 2013
<iframe src="http://www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?href=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sportsgrid.com%2Fnfl%2F2013-nfl-draft-mel-kiper-todd-mcshay-results-2%2F&layout=standard&show-faces=false&width=490&action=like&font=arial&colorscheme=light" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" id="facebook-like-inner" style="height: 25px; margin-bottom: 10px; width: 500px; color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', sans-serif; line-height: 17px;"></iframe> <iframe allowtransparency="true" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" src="http://platform.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_button.1366232305.html#_=1366987543691&count=horizontal&id=twitter-widget-0&lang=en&original_referer=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sportsgrid.com%2Fnfl%2F2013-nfl-draft-mel-kiper-todd-mcshay-results-2%2F&related=GossipCop%2CTheBraiser%2Cmediaite%2CTheMarySue%2CStyleite%2CTheJaneDough%2Cgeekosystem&size=m&text=Update%3A%20Mel%20Kiper%20And%20Todd%20McShay%20Are%20Better%20Than%20Our%20Uninformed%20Football%20Fan%20(And%20Some%20Random%20Polish%20Guy)%20At%20Mock%20Drafting&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.sportsgrid.com%2Fnfl%2F2013-nfl-draft-mel-kiper-todd-mcshay-results-2%2F&via=SportsGrid" class="twitter-share-button twitter-count-horizontal" title="Twitter Tweet Button" data-twttr-rendered="true" style="width: 110px; height: 20px;"></iframe>

Screen-Shot-2013-04-25-at-121.png

Yesterday, our Matt Rudnitsky tried his hand at a 2013 NFL Mock Draft. He wanted to prove that mock drafts are dumb, by being uninformed, getting a bit lucky, and getting more correct picks than ESPN’s resident, battling draft bobbleheads, Mel Kiper Jr. and Todd McShay. Matt didn’t love his chances, but he gave it a try. He also called upon a random Polish guy to the (OK, a Pole with an NFL website who was probably more knowledgable than him), and Bleacher Report’s Matt Miller.
You want to know the results? Here are the results.
Last Place: Matt Miller, Bleacher Report… 0
Fourth Place: Polish Guy, Polish NFL Website, Poland, Milky Way… 1
Third Place: Matt Rudnitsky, SportsGrid… 4
Second Place: Todd McShay, ESPN… 7
First Place: Mel Kiper, ESPN… 8

A competition wouldn’t be a competition without controversy, though.
<iframe id="twitter-widget-3" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" title="Embedded Tweet" width="500" height="210" style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', sans-serif; line-height: 17px; display: block; border-style: solid; border-width: 1px; border-color: rgb(238, 238, 238) rgb(221, 221, 221) rgb(187, 187, 187); max-width: 99%; min-width: 220px; padding: 0px; border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px; margin: 10px 0px; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.14902) 0px 1px 3px;"></iframe><iframe id="twitter-widget-4" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true" title="Embedded Tweet" width="500" height="162" style="color: rgb(51, 51, 51); font-family: Georgia, 'Times New Roman', sans-serif; line-height: 17px; display: block; border-style: solid; border-width: 1px; border-color: rgb(238, 238, 238) rgb(221, 221, 221) rgb(187, 187, 187); max-width: 99%; min-width: 220px; padding: 0px; border-top-left-radius: 5px; border-top-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-right-radius: 5px; border-bottom-left-radius: 5px; margin: 10px 0px; box-shadow: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.14902) 0px 1px 3px;"></iframe>So, you’re 2013 Who Is The Least Bad At Mock-Drafting-Inanity Champion is… Mel Kiper*. He will have that asterisk forever, and he must live with it. I can’t even imagine the sleepless nights.
(Note: Kiper won the competition with a <del datetime="2013-04-26T14:24:35+00:00">steroid-assisted</del> .250 batting average. I think I proved my point. Mock drafts are impossible, even if you have luck and sources. Even if you have luck and sorcery. Or maybe not. We’ll call upon Harry Potter next year. But, ’til then, mock drafts are difficult and dumb. And kudos to you, Mel. It turns out, experience and hard work does beget success. I’ll stick with hasty, lazy, dart-throwing. Third place place ain’t so bad.)

well nevermind they updated two more times past their "last" mock that I heard...found a site that says Kiper got 8 and McShay 7...

And I thought I did pretty shitty getting 8 right in the contest...I think the winner got 9. I don't feel so bad now.

Kiper staked "his entire career" on jimmy clausen being worthy of a first round pick; yet, he still won't go away.

Let's be honest - Nobody works harder than Kiper does and he actually did it at a time where resources werent always at his disposal like now. He earned his position regardless of how good or bad you perceive him to be. Todd McShay got his job simply bc he's a pretty boy. Nothing wrong with that. Just stating the obvious is all.

Kiper has more football knowledge than McShay, not too mention better hair and a bigger penis. Superior in every way really.

Mike Mayock is the new king. No competition to be honest.
I think Mayock does an excellent job, esp on Day 3 when his tireless work ethic becomes apparent...but he's becoming a bit of an asshole...let's just say Mike Mayock loves some Mike Mayock...

But I've been a big fan of his play by play for years saying I like him and Collinsworth the best.

Mayock is by far the best draft guy. When it comes to NFL reporters nobody beats Jay Glazer if you ask me. Dude had the first round locked down this year. I heard him say in the pregame that the Raiders wanted Hayden and were going to trade down from three to get him. Nobody had them doing that besides Glazer. McShit and Kiper get paid to speculate and to be honest nobody with any inside info would ever create a mock draft or else no insiders would ever share info with them ever again. Glazer gets actual inside info and thus never makes any mock drafts up because he would never get that info again. McShit and Kiper are literally guessing.

Back