McCown A Brown

• Thread starter Thread starter The Capping Genius
  • Start date Start date
T

The Capping Genius

Browns sign Josh McCown.
Guess they won't be drafting a first round QB in April...Hmmm

McCown was 1-10 with Tampa...
One good thing - he's not a "midget" like Manziel. Wonder what Bengals coach Marvin Lewis will say now...LOL
McCown is 6'4"

I don't get this one, hope there's a method to the madness.

Buffalo was the other team in the McCown Derby. I sense some relief up the coast of Lake Erie.

Can I say that Hoyer is not good, but a better fit for the Browns than McCown? Whole thing's weird. Browns QB's are Manziel, Shaw, and McCown. I think that's the rare group among which Hoyer stands tall. It's not the NBA, don't suck intentionally.

Wow, this is certainly shocking, at least around here. It was seen as a given that McCown was going to sign with the Bills. I'm not sure too many people will be upset that he didn't, but it's shocking nonetheless.

If they were smart they would keep Manziel from playing a single snap all next season and let him grow into being a NFL qb. He should have never played last year.

how could anyone get excited about this for your team if he is the probable starter. just throw the season down the drain now if he's your starter.

how could anyone get excited about this for your team if he is the probable starter. just throw the season down the drain now if he's your starter.

Well, the Browns did change their helmet and facemask color. Who couldn't get excited about that?

:tiphat:

If they were smart they would keep Manziel from playing a single snap all next season and let him grow into being a NFL qb. He should have never played last year.

Agreed 100%. That's a big problem in the NFL today imo...having QBs start right away simply because they used a 1st round pick on them. If anything, the way they've changed how 1st round picks get paid, teams should be keeping them off the field until they are ready. And we've been through it before, but outside of a guy like Andrew Luck who was a shoe-in NFL starter from the get go, most of the "star" QBs in the NFL sat at least one year before they started. Rodgers, Brady, Brees, Rivers...the list goes on and on.

You end up not only destroying the guys' confidence, but you destroy the team's confidence in that QB. The team then thinks he simply isn't going to pan out, ends up drafting another QB and repeating the cycle over and over again. If guys were given a chance to sit for a year or two, learn how the NFL is different from anything else they've ever seen, learn the offense inside and out, learn how to read a defense, etc, the chances of that QB being successful have to be exponentially better than simply throwing him out there as a rookie and expecting him to look like Aaron Rodgers, or even Carson Palmer for that matter.

If you're the Browns ownership, you can't ALREADY concede you made a mistake with your 1st round choice of Manziel. There's no way they're that dumb (or are they?). Ticket sales are too important to admit ignorance. Hoyer has to be the odd man out. Is there anyway Lar is their assistant GM? Wow

If you're the Browns ownership, you can't ALREADY concede you made a mistake with your 1st round choice of Manziel. There's no way they're that dumb (or are they?). Ticket sales are too important to admit ignorance. Hoyer has to be the odd man out. Is there anyway Lar is their assistant GM? Wow

Yeah, they haven't conceding anything about Manziel, Hoyer is going to be the odd man out.

The Browns ownership may very well be that dumb though, definitely a possibility. :o

I'm rooting for you Lar. I loved Manziel in college. Hopefully he gets his stuff straightened out.

Rooting for me...how's that?

I've said Manziel would be a bust from day one. (you can go back and check the many threads for yourself) I'm not sure there's much for him to get straightened out though really...he drinks and parties like a normal kid his age, let's not act like he has this big issue and that's why he isn't going to make it as an NFL QB. Hopefully, for his sake, someone can teach him how to play QB in the NFL, but as it stands right now (and has all along imo) he isn't cut out to be an NFL QB. I actually root for the kid now, I'd like to see him succeed, just not sure it'll ever happen.

The Browns didn't attend Manziel' s pro day, and when they finally set up a private workout forgot to make arrangements and didn't even have a football for him to throw smh

Somewhere last year after Cleveland selected him I quoted and said, AJ McCarron will have a better NFL career than Manziel.
Im sticking to my statement...time will tell...

Bullshit. Not that you didn't say that but that it will happen. AJ McCarron is a sensitive little pussy and will never be anything but a clipboard QB in the NFL.

What are the standards for better career ? most wins ? most starts or completions or yards ? I'll take Manziel in each one of those.

Bullshit. Not that you didn't say that but that it will happen. AJ McCarron is a sensitive little pussy and will never be anything but a clipboard QB in the NFL.

What are the standards for better career ? most wins ? most starts or completions or yards ? I'll take Manziel in each one of those.

I had to save this quote so someday we can both share our thoughts when one of them is out of football...

Back