Mayweather v. Hatton--12/8/07

RJ Esq

Prick Since 1974
Mayweather is a force and most likely will win, but am I crazy leaning to Hatton +215? Seems like really good value and this drunk white boy can pound with the best of em.

All he has to do is get Mayweather to stop dancing--which will be easier said than done.

I always look at these matchups but rarely bet em.

2-1 on my money for Hatton looks like great value.

ehh Hatton reminds me a lot of Hawaii.. ok your undefeated who have you beaten? I think Pretty Boy is way too quick for this clown and has a lot more experience in title fights. I actually think the line is a gift.

ehh Hatton reminds me a lot of Hawaii.. ok your undefeated who have you beaten? I think Pretty Boy is way too quick for this clown and has a lot more experience in title fights. I actually think the line is a gift.

not a bad way of putting it.

hatton is going to try to force a fight and he will throw a flurry of punches that will rarely hit PBF. I am thinking of Hatton as a slightly better Gotti and PBF lit him up like a punching bag.

agree jump that he loses the fight, knocked out, I don't know how good his chin is but he is def going to get beat up.

there is simply no way Hatton can prepare for the speed from Floyd however, Floyd can prepare for the brawling style Hatton uses

IMO....if you watched PBF/Oscar it will be similar but more punches thrown by Hatton. Ricky wont go down like Oscar (like a bitch).

PBF is technical and throws so few punches he just avoids taking the big hit. I think the only way Hatton wins is a KO. PBF always wins the decisions.

I think a good bet would be

Hatton by KO (prob +800 or so)

and PBF by decision (prob -120 or so)

The Draw is a must play no matter who you like or are going for.

2 undefeated fighters if they keep it close draw should have value.

Hit the draw on Winky vs Taylor

<DL class=wide-photo><DT>
box_a_mayweather_580.jpg
<DD>AP Photo/Jae C. Hong
Floyd Mayweather's showdown with Ricky Hatton on Dec. 8 could approach 1.5 million buys.
</DD></DL>

Does anyone happen to know what time the fight is supposed to start?? It seems like most big time pay per view fights dont start until around 10 or 1030. I get off work at 10 and really want to get home and watch Hatton get beat down.

hatton is a joke, mayweather via murder

only hope for ricky is if the ref lets him get away with his Ruiz tactics, but i thnk PBF will keep him at a distance and treat him like the bitch he is for 36 solid minutes

Mayweather by Decision -105
Hatton by KO, TKO, Disqual +500

I think you can secure profit betting $315 on Mayweather and $100 on Hatton

Does anyone happen to know what time the fight is supposed to start?? It seems like most big time pay per view fights dont start until around 10 or 1030. I get off work at 10 and really want to get home and watch Hatton get beat down.

It'll start at around 10:45-11:00 Eastern

Uglyboy Mayweather isn't fighting a washed up De la Hoya this time.

He'll have his hands full with the Hitman, who fights like a man, not a scared little bitch who's always on the back foot.

Uglyboy Mayweather isn't fighting a washed up De la Hoya this time.

He'll have his hands full with the Hitman, who fights like a man, not a scared little bitch who's always on the back foot.

well, you can't hit what you can't see

hatton is a joke, mayweather via murder

only hope for ricky is if the ref lets him get away with his Ruiz tactics, but i thnk PBF will keep him at a distance and treat him like the bitch he is for 36 solid minutes

:36_11_6: I love it

Hatton isn't getting the credit he deserves. He's much more than *slightly* better than Gatti. Gatti was fun to watch, because he took a beating, and had a lot of heart. But Hatton isn't a human punching bag like Gatti. He has better movement than he gets credit for. Hatton will pressure PBF like he's never been pressured before. He will also hit PBF harder than he's ever been hit. I'm not saying he wins. But I wouldn't be so quick to dismiss him just yet.

I'm a huge boxing fan because my dad made me be one. I've followed both these guys for a long time. Someone in this thread compared Hatton to Gatti. That is kinda close but Hatton is just as quick as Gatti but hits much harder than him. He fights more like Baldomir except much quicker. Which brings me to my main point is that Mayweather has fought people similar to Hatton. Hatton has never seen anyone like Floyd. He has never seen anoyone as quick as him. The closest person to Mayweather's quickness was Luis Collazo and that was Hatton's hardest fight.

What few people understand is that the only time Mayweather had trouble in his career was when he has people that had quick, long, power punches. I believe that Floyd and Oscar in their prime would have been one of the best fights ever (post 1990) because Oscar would have landed more punches than he did and that would have forced him to fight. That fight would have been a coin flip.

This is my opinion but I feel Hatton's punches are too short. To generate the power he does he snaps his punches off. The thing about Mayweather is that he trains himself not to get hit in his face. When he gets hit there he gets hurt rather easily. He gives you the body because he's so well conditioned that he will let you punch there while landing few and far between to tire you out. When you are punching in the body, unless you land extremely good punches, you won't score points in the judges eyes.

Mayweather boxes. His punches are quick and he lands a lot. But you don't. He has figured out a way to win on the cards and that's the way he fights. Hatton fights to knock people out. Mayweather fights to win the fight and that's what he'll prolly do.

Mayweather by split decision.

Would really love to hear everyone's opinion on this. I have been really looking forward to this fight for a long time. The worst part about this fight is that I don't think as many people are going to watch as the De La Hoya fight because Hatton's a little more unknown. I know this sucks to say but why didn't they pull the white/black card right away. It sucks boxing isn't the way it once was.

Great call Phat.........thats why Im on PBF -105 by decision, and a small play on Fatty +500 by KO.

Back