May NBA 4 Me

spottie2935

Read Lines, Not Books
I have lost my last 3 games I have posted but having a good season. It is what it is. I dont believe in a posting jinx so here are my my best:

Nuggets-4 Solid home team laying a small # to a Kicks team that covers but is only 15-17 on the road against mostly the weaker conference East.

NYK is 3-0 ATS against western Foes but those foes were:
Memphis (14-18 SU home record)
Dallas (17-15 SU home record)
New Orleans (18-17 home record)

This is Denver (24-10 home record) a much stronger team then the above squads.

In my opinion this line is ripe for the home favorites to get the cash.

Nuggets -4 5 units, This line stands out and I dont flat bet. I try to expose lines and I see a line that is ripe to get paid.

I kinda agree. Just a tough train to get in front of now. I believe they have a tough stretch coming here as well, so this could be the walk through game but still a lil hesitation on my end. But mostly agree GL

Knicks this season against non conference opponents that have more wins then they do and they are dogs.

t:team = Knicks and date >= 20210101 and o:wins>t:wins and line>0 and not C

I am sure the Knicks are a money tree for some of you and why would one not continue to back them.

I dont roll like that. This game is exactly how I roll, win or lose. +2.5 against the Grizlies last game is a heck of a lot different then getting +4 tonight against a quality home squad.

5-7-21 edition

I am back, this time not nearly the value against the Knicks. Clearly after last game they were over matched as I thought and EXPECTED they would be. I expect another cover by the favorites here. They line has elevated a bit but still in my opinion solid play until I see the Knicks show they are worthy.

Suns-7 1 unit, and no alt line, . Overnight I did grab some -6 but since -7 is where it sits now I still recommend this play and line.
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=----=--=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-==-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-==-=-==-=-=-=-==-=-=-=---=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Play #2

Pelicans+9.

Philly has been pretty hot in its last 6 games= 5 cashes. Their last game against the Rockets is the concern for me. Since April specifically teams playing on their home court after beating the Rockets by 15+ the previous game, and having 4+ more season wins on the year are 0-3 ATS last 3. Sure its a tiny sample but the Rockets are really bad now and I think after these blowouts the lines after the books get killed the lines become a bit elevated. This is something I have won with the last 2 games and I will stick with it. Being that Philly has covered 5 of 6 I will take the big line and hope to continue catching an elevated line after playing A Rockets team that has folded the tent.

link here>>>>

https://sportsdatabase.com/nba/query?output=default&sdql=po:team+=+Rockets+and+date+>+20210405+and+p:margin+>15+and+(t:wins+-+o:wins)>4&submit=++S+D+Q+L+!++
==-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=----=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=--=-=-=-=-=-==-=-

Play 3 1 unit Nuggets +155

Really difficult to bet against the Jazz at home, but the Nuggets have done really well on the road when underdogs of more than +2. The ROI supports this play and I like the opportunity.

==-=-=-===--=--=-=-==-=-==---==-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-==-==--==-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
Play 4 Lakers +8 1 units and .2 unit money line

Portland is on fire blowing away teams against the spread in their last 6 games 5 cashes and 4 of those covers by more then 10 points against the line. All of those games were on the road. Many successful bettors in my history have advised me to avoid home teams in their first home game after a successful road trip. This certainly qualifies here. I believe this line to be elevated be cause of the recent success the Blazers are having, and I just dont think another 10 point ats margin is going to happen again tonight. Lakers are off a blowout loss which historically finds this play with a high ROI.

here>>>> https://sportsdatabase.com/nba/query?output=default&sdql=t:team+=+Lakers+and+date+>=+20080401+and+AD+and+p:margin<-18++and+line>1+and+line<14&submit=++S+D+Q+L+!++

and more recently here >>>>>

in this last example they have even won STRAIGHT UP with huge point spreads of :
+7.5 win
+8 loss
+8.5 win
+9 win
+10 win
+10.5 win
+13 loss
thats 5-2 at these huge prices. I know the Lakers have been injured but I did look at 1 injury report and it said Davis is probable and Lebron is questionable. Sure is Lebron plays I have a better chance, but I have a nice line here and a team that does well in this spot against a team that probably finds another blowout difficult. If I get word on Lebron later in the day even on the line move according to the good news I will increase my confidence and wager size.

thats all for today, best wishes to all

Last edited:
Saw the -6 last night and was quite tempted as well.

Old situational NBA this is a nice spot...
When I know there is a play I usually make small stabs at overnight lines. This was a play that was hard to predict line moves. As it meanders I will add more if feel stronger.

At least early the Nuggets are doing well. fingers-XXXed.

Nope the strong home Jazz took that game over. Jazz are the better team, I just gambled because the Nuggets do well on the road as dogs. Oh well.

Last edited:
Knicks failed in the 2nd H on the road not a lot of rest playing a high quality home team. 2nd H line was easy money

It would be refreshing for the Jazz and Suns to make it the the Western Finals. Either team to win it all would be nice.

Tonight Saturday 5-8-21

I have a general query on these tonight and will make these plays and units are based upon my own history.
Pacers +3.5 1 unit
Raptors +6 1 unit
Rockets +15.5 2 units
Nuggets +136 1 unit

A few games ago the Knicks were just respected too much by the lines makers, not at +9 I am no longer interested in this fade. I can still make a case to fade them but this line is well inflated after the last 2 blowout failures.

The thing about capping for me is the line. The other factor is winning streaks or losing streaks.

The only game I like today is :

Detroit +8.5 1 unit. Pistons have some injury concerns but I am willing to take the points against a below .500 team on the road.

Last edited:
The NYK line has dropped to +7.5.....
I wasn’t on the train when NyK were covering....
But I’ll be on this train.....will ride their non-covered train.....think Quickley is still out.
Clippers for me today....gonna but the hook to -7

Ibaka is still out but that wouldn’t move it a point. But I see it’s been around 8 so I guess not too big a move.
Yeah....not gonna overthink this like I did when Knicks were covering........

hope Clippers showed up and the Knicks falter at the end!!!!!!

It’s Tommy day in Boston. So I think they’ll try hard. Hopefully they win and Heat come back on Tuesday. ☘️

Game means nothing for the Flippers.

Can't catch the Suns and the Nuggets can't catch them.

They just need to focus on the playoffs.

Back