May Discussion Thread

hugh613

Pretty much a regular
<time title="12.47pm BST" datetime="2015-05-17T12:47:29.081+01:00" data-relativeformat="med" class=" js-timestamp"></time> Swansea: Fabianski; Richards, Fernandez, Williams, Taylor; Cork, Shelvey; Dyer, Sigurdsson, Montero; Gomis. Subs: Britton, Emnes, Grimes, Tremmel, Bartley, Barrow, Tiendalli.

Man City:
Hart; Zabaleta, Demichelis, Mangala, Kolarov; Toure, Fernandinho; Milner, Lampard, Silva; Aguero. Subs: Kompany, Dzeko, Caballero, Bony, Jesus Navas, Clichy, Jovetic.

Referee:
Mark Clattenburg (Tyne & Wear)

Updated
<time datetime="2015-05-17T12:47:33.491+01:00">at 12.47pm BST</time>

Match Facts

[TABLE="class: matchFacts"]
<tbody>[TR="class: fact"]
[TD="class: factText"]Swansea have been drawing at half time and winning at full time in their last 3 matches in the Premier League.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: fact"]
[TD="class: factText"]Man City have been winning at both half time and full time in their last 4 matches in the Premier League.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: factText"]Man City have won their last 4 matches in the Premier League.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: factText"]Swansea have won their last 3 matches in the Premier League.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: factText"]Man City have won their last 3 matches against Swansea in all competitions.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: factText"]Swansea have seen over 2.5 goals in their last 3 matches against Man City in all competitions.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: factText"]Man City have scored at least 2 goals in their last 3 matches against Swansea in all competitions.[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Last nights America/Pachuca match was an absolute awesome watch.
Now, I do watch this with a tinge of America yellow, as I am a supporter....but, they received a bit of a harsh red near the end of the first half, already down 0-1 (and having lost the first leg 3-2). It was a high boot, studs up, but this was really the first offense, did not mean blood into it, stood over the guy to apologize, I mean, definite yellow, but red was quite harsh. Anyway, America tied it up right before ht.
Then down a man, they go up 2-1 early in the second half....Azteca was rocking.
Pachuca answered just a few minutes later on a cracker, 2-2
America had the attack on, just couldn't get another, playing out of their minds down a man, then late in the 2nd half, awarded a free kick a bit outside the area. Ensuing free kick, an absolute blast and a goal, 3-2....fucking place is going nuts.....was awesome.
Then Pachuca goes back on the attack, and a very, very harsh call again against America when a defender with his back turned, ball hits arm in the area, pk. Pk scored at 90+3, and that was that, another added later.
Atmosphere was so great, tensions were so high, this was a great game all around. Mexican soccer can be very very good at times, just wish they televised it in English sometimes, as my spanish is so-so at best.
Pachuca also has ex-America captain spear heading their defense. good stuff last night.

Oh and the NY Rangers won, so this defeat couldn't rub the shine off that rose at all :goal:

United XI vs Arsenal: De Gea, Valencia, Jones, Smalling, Rojo, Mata, Blind, Herrera, Young, Fellaini, Falcao.

Arsenal XI vs United: Ospina, Bellerin, Mertesacker, Koscielny, Monreal, Coquelin, Cazorla, Ramsey, Ozil, Alexis, Giroud.

I'm confused. How does Memphis Depay sign with United outside the transfer window, or is it open already?

I'm confused. How does Memphis Depay sign with United outside the transfer window, or is it open already?
Not open yet, nothing is set in stone....but as I understand it, transfer dealings are made public outside the transfer window and simply made official when it's open.
Lots of Gundogan to United transfer was a done deal.....but again, not so fast. While it may very well be a done deal, I'm pretty certain it cannot be made official until the transfer window opens.

I think this Depay transfer is pretty much a done deal though as LvG wants him, and RvP and Falcao are as good as gone.

The Eredivise season is over.
You can always have a mutual agreement, a transfer fee can be agreed upon by both clubs after a seasons end. The transfer will be complete when the window is open.

The daily Arsenal likes Sundetland's chances today

Not sure why, this game has meaning for Arsenal as they are only 2 points up on Man U for 3rd place and the free pass into the group stages of the champions League.

Think I like Arsenal HT/FT -115 the best.

Giroud, Ozil, Cazorla, and Sanchez all in the lineup

game has meaning for Sunderland too, to avoid relegation.
Remember last season's run. sometimes the more desperate team is more motivated. Arsenal with Aston Villa on deck - very winnable game
Sunderland with Chelsea on deck....Sunderland need at least a point in the last two to assure staying up

Not sure why, this game has meaning for Arsenal as they are only 2 points up on Man U for 3rd place and the free pass into the group stages of the champions League.

Think I like Arsenal HT/FT -115 the best.

Giroud, Ozil, Cazorla, and Sanchez all in the lineup

Relegation

Oh - for anyone considering the Allianza lima/Sport Loreto game later on - Lima lost their last match out at home 0-1 to Real Garsicunts.
And while that may not be very noteworthy - the 4 red cards they received in the last 5 minutes probably would be as they will be short handed this match.

just a friendly fyi

game has meaning for Sunderland too, to avoid relegation.
Remember last season's run. sometimes the more desperate team is more motivated. Arsenal with Aston Villa on deck - very winnable game
Sunderland with Chelsea on deck....Sunderland need at least a point in the last two to assure staying up

FA Cup Final is not till May 30th...
Desperate teams also do not always equal to results.

Trying to figure out when the last time Arsenal lost b2b home league games.

Who the hell are some of these teams in the USA Cup? Chula Vista FC, Kitsap Pumas, GBFC Thunder, Harpo's FC, Midland/Odessa Sockers...

Who the hell are some of these teams in the USA Cup? Chula Vista FC, Kitsap Pumas, GBFC Thunder, Harpo's FC, Midland/Odessa Sockers...

Dude it's crazy, i mean with the size of the country I can only imagine how many freaking teams there are. So nuts.

Dude it's crazy, i mean with the size of the country I can only imagine how many freaking teams there are. So nuts.
What's odd is that there's so little structure or organization. I mean, you have MLS, NASL, and USL Pro at the top of the pyramid, then everything afterwards is more or less amateur as far as I know. Plus, there doesn't seem to be much of a working relationship between MLS and NASL, so that kind of stifles things as well.

What's odd is that there's so little structure or organization. I mean, you have MLS, NASL, and USL Pro at the top of the pyramid, then everything afterwards is more or less amateur as far as I know. Plus, there doesn't seem to be much of a working relationship between MLS and NASL, so that kind of stifles things as well.

at least they have some league, we're stuck on the CSL which is really the Ontario Soccer League lol

God Bless the final weekend of Serie A
Anyone else see ALL THOSE GOALS????
Crazy one in Lazio too. Higuain missed a pk coulda pushed Napoli into CL.
two goals at the death, most money I've won in a single day in Italy ever, easily. Never had anything close to this

See you boys next month :cheers3:

Back