May 31st: Thursday Bases

E.T.G.

One of trus baby mommas
89-66-3 +$4,426.36

Smaller Card to go through but imo a harder card. Tread carefully. Wednesday was a 2-2 +145ish so I have made it 4 straight days now without losing cash. Hopefully the ball keeps rolling. Getting this done tonight because when I went out the bar sucked and I got the big wkend coming up so I need to conserve my body/energy/money.

Angels -1.5 +110:
I had my eye on this game the minute I saw the matchup. Yea I didn't give Escobar his due respect last start only because of what the Yankees have done to him in Yankee stadium. He shut me up quickly. At home though he has been very dominant and that deserves to be mentioned. Angels are 7-2 when he takes the mound and on the yr he has been pretty stout. In 5 of Escobar's last 6 starts he has worked atleast 7innings giving up no more than 2er. The lone exception is a start in Detroit, 2 starts ago, where he went 2.1ip and was tagged for 6runs.

At home: 4-1, 1.76era, 6g, 41ip, 32h, 33k, 12bb and batters hitting .216

Baltimore is a team who just got a little hot (5games) because they played the cold Royals and the light hitting A's. However, Angels have won 5 of their last 6 so the streaks even out.

Burress will take the mound for the Orioles and although he has done alright he isnt going to work long innings. He has only started 4 games this yr. If he makes it to 6 in this game it would be a very good outting, that still leaves 3 innings for that bullpen to pitch and I don't have to say anything more about them.

Burress this yr as a starter: 2-2, 4.58era, 19.2ip, 24h, 11bb, 16k and batters hitting .300 off him
Burress overall this yr: 2-2, 3.27era, 33ip, 33h, 19bb
Burress Away this yr: 1-1, 2.08era, 4g, 2gs, 17.1ip, 16h, 9bb, 17k.

Angels have never seen Burress but he is a LHP who can struggle a little bit with control. I think he really goes 5ip with 3er or so. You now have to throw the Oriole bullpen into the mix for 4innings and that has atleast 1-2runs written all over it.

Escobar in his career vs. Orioles: 12-4, 3.76era, 17g, 131.2ip, 128h

Orioles vs. Esobar: Roberts = .188 in 32ab, Tejada = .138 in 29ab, Hernandez = .200 in 10ab, Millar = .150 in 20ab, Gibbons = .250 in 28ab, Mora = .222 in 27ab, Patterson = .400 in 10ab, Huff = .300 in 20ab

The main offense of the Orioles starts and ends with Roberts and Tejada and seeing that they don't hit Escobar, I am expecting the Oriole offense to hit a road block.

Angels at home = 19-7
Orioles on the road = 11-16

Angels took 5/6 last yr in LA from Orioles.
Angels vs. LHP: .278 Overall, .291 L10 games
Orioles vs. RHP: A consistent .260

There is nothing else that needs to be said about this game and I am not over thinking it. I have the better team + better starting pitcher + better offense + better bullpen. Angels 6-1, 5-1, 6-2, 7-3, something like that but by more than 2runs

Angels RL -1.5 $250 to Win $275 . I will rehit this again when I can

Mariners -142 / -1.5 +145:
I have been involed in Baek's last 2 games, both against and with him. He has pitched 4 of his last 5 games on the road but I think he feels more comfortable at home, although a limited sample this yr:

Baek at home: 0-1, 2.84era, 2g, 12.2ip, 10h, 9k, 3bb and batters hitting .208 off him.

Mariners offense was on fire going into the series with the Angels but they ran into Ervin at home (a top AL pitcher at home) and Weaver, who they hit pretty decent, so they have to be very happy to see Padilla in this one. If anyone ever backs Padilla, it should only be on at home.

Padilla on the road: 0-4, 7.59era, 6g, 32ip, 42h, 20bb, 13k and batters hitting .316

Mariners are 5-2 when Baek pitches, Rangers are 2-7 when Padilla takes the mound. Rangers overall are a bad road team (8-19) while Mariners are an ok home team (12-11).

Both pitchers have faced their opponents this yr:

Baek At Texas: 0-0, 8.31era, 1g, 4.1ip, 8h, 4er, 2bb, 1k
Baek Career vs. Texas: 3-0, 2.08era, 4g, 26ip, 19h, 5bb, 13k
Padilla At Seattle: 0-1, 6.00era, 6ip, 6h, 4er, 3bb, 1k
Padilla Career vs. Seattle: 1-4, 5.79era, 5g, 32.2ip, 39h, 19bb, 21k

I want no business of backing a guy who is terrible on the road and overall puts way too many guys on base with walks. Baek's start this yr vs Texas is discouraging but it was his first start this yr. His last 4 starts have been quality, including the Cleveland game where he pitched a lot better than 5er, I said that last wk and I will say it again. The series this yr is 3-1 Seattle. Seattle is 6-3 vs. Texas at home including 07' and 06'. I am thinking about a split play here on the ML/RL.

Indians -130 / Under 8.5+100:
Anyone who reads this had to know I would have atleast a lean here to CC. Big win for Indians in Boston to not get swept, now they return home (17-4) with their ace on the mound (7-1) to face their division rival. This is a rematch of the game last wk where the Indians won. This is what CC gets paid for, to come up big in big games. The Indians are 10-1 when Sabathia takes the mound, call me a homer all you want but the guy is money.

CC at home: 4-0, 2.70era, 6g, 40ip, 39h, 8bb, 43k and batters hitting .258 off him.

Baseball is not a 6-7inning game, it is a 9inning game and the Detroit bullpen sucks. Indian bullpen can struggle but they are in a better situation right now.

Verlander on the road: 2-0, 1.30era, 4g, 27.2ip, 18h, 9bb, 19k and batters hitting .184 off him.

Verlander is 5-1 on the yr w/ 2.71era and his team is 7-3 when he pitches. This is why the Under also deserves a very hard look because I feel it is based off the score of last weeks game. There were 4 runs scored by the Indians from the 7th inning on in a 6-3 game. I think this is more of a 4-3, 4-2, 3-1, 3-2, 5-2, 5-3 but under 8.5 type game but it will most likely hinge on the bullpens for both squads to keep it under. Neither starter will give up more than 2runs imo. I can't go full out homer and back CC regardless here, I actually lean under more strongly but I can't go against my favorite pitcher and a very dominant home team. Still waiting on Ump, weather, and to sleep on this game.

Reds -128:
RHP Bronson Arroyo is having trouble getting through the first inning. Last Monday, he threw 49 pitches to 10 batters and gave up four runs against the Nationals. On Saturday, he threw 34 pitches, faced nine batters and gave up four runs to the Pirates. Arroyo lasted a career-low two innings on Monday against Washington. He went four innings on Saturday, giving up seven hits and six runs along with four walks. Arroyo failed to strike out a batter for the first time since 2005. - cbssportsline.com

Above is what might keep me off this game. Arroyo has just not been the same pitcher since going 8ip @ San Diego

Arroyo this yr vs. Houston: 1-0, 1.93era, 2g, 14ip, 8h, 3er, 4bb, 9k
Arroyo on the road: 1-3, 1.94era, 6g, 41.2ip, 36h, 15bb, 23k and batters hitting .238 off him
Williams this yr vs. Cinci: 1-0, 5.68era, 2g, 12.2ip, 13h, 8er, 5bb, 5k
Williams at home: 0-3, 6.23era, 4g, 21.2ip, 30h, 8bb, 11k and batters hitting .330 off him

Cinci is actually going for the sweep here and Houston has lost 10 games in a row now, that is quite an achievement and hard to do. That is what might keep me on this game. I just wish I knew which Arroyo is going to show up but might be safer to just stay away from this game again. Arroyo's last 2 terrible starts have both come at home. Is he hurt? Is he tired? What is the cause for these shitty performances. Woody Williams is shit all the time so you know what you are getting there. The series is actually 7-3 Houston this yr but this is just a different team right now.

Thats all I got for now

I have no desire to get involved in the Blue Jays/WSox game, Cards/Rockies game, Brewers/Marlins game.

Still looking at Giants/Mets, Padres/Pirates and Doders/Nationals

Last edited:
<TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"><TBODY><TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"><TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off">GL today everything!
</TD></TR><TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"><TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on">
</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Thanks Terp & Driver, of course best of luck to you guys as well.

Thursday Plays Locked In:

Angels RL -1.5 $250 to Win $275
Mariners RL -1.5 $250 to Win $362.50

I will be rehitting both of these games.

I would like to get Under 9 in the Cleveland game. Weather is fine, still no ump info available.

BOL, ETG.

laid off tha halo game. they usually dominate the o's...but escobar didn't do so well against them last year.

wiht u on the M's though. think that's the best bet on the board.

I love the Angels and the Mariners Plays for the exact reasons you stated...Padillia is horrible, hes throws batting practice on the Road....Sattle wins this one easily IMO.

Excellent writeups. I tend to agree with most of what you said for tonight, except the Reds. Not that I have a counter argument or something, I just don't want to play the Reds :D.

Love the Halos ;).

GL tonight Green.

Maybe I'll take also Angels. You and Satyr both on them, thats sounds really good
Good luck!
:cheers:

BC - After sleeping on it, if the O/U hits 9 in cleveland I am on it. There will not be 4 runs scored from the 7th inning on today. This will be a classic pitchers duel much like the 3-2 game it was before the Detroit bullpen blew up.

Yanks - Pablo Escobar is hot right now so I had to ride him. BOL

Trout - I agree, prob the two best plays on the board. BOL

Satyr - Its good we are on the same side then. I think I have to avoid the Reds. I cant throw good money on a bad team right now. Houston would prob end up taking it from me

Peldas, Ray, BigRap, Houghton, Gman - Best of luck to you guys today, make that cash.

Updated Games:

Mariners -1.5 $483.93 to Win $685
Angels -1.5 $538.75 to Win $550

I am stalking this Cleveland O/U 8.5+100. I am playing it if it hits 9 because I don't believe there will be 10 runs in this game, the pitching is too good.

yo green what up, im ridin with sea -1.5 cuz texas has been blowin on the road, and baek is not that bad. im also rollin with cc at home baby, ML & RL. believe me, he'll get u a win today in fantasy. im so pist about the white sox i could spit, these chicago baseball teams r underacheiving huge, and its a bad year to do that cuz the yanks r not going to make the playoffs for a change. im losing interest in baseball more and more, and soon ill just bet it and not even watch if the sox continue to piss me off. i was thinkin bout bettin the angels, but this is the situation i was telling u about earlier, a team that is favored by -200 and the public is pounding. its a prime example of angels will win by 1. balt has won 5 or 6 str8 which also helped me stay away, but damn dude i hope u win. im 21 also and if i lost 500 on a mlb game i would cry. i work ridiculously hard at fedex from 3am-8am, and a wise man once told me that in sports betting you have to be comfortable with a loss, dont bet more than your willing to lose no matter how much u like it.

yo green what up, im ridin with sea -1.5 cuz texas has been blowin on the road, and baek is not that bad. im also rollin with cc at home baby, ML & RL. believe me, he'll get u a win today in fantasy. im so pist about the white sox i could spit, these chicago baseball teams r underacheiving huge, and its a bad year to do that cuz the yanks r not going to make the playoffs for a change. im losing interest in baseball more and more, and soon ill just bet it and not even watch if the sox continue to piss me off. i was thinkin bout bettin the angels, but this is the situation i was telling u about earlier, a team that is favored by -200 and the public is pounding. its a prime example of angels will win by 1. balt has won 5 or 6 str8 which also helped me stay away, but damn dude i hope u win. im 21 also and if i lost 500 on a mlb game i would cry. i work ridiculously hard at fedex from 3am-8am, and a wise man once told me that in sports betting you have to be comfortable with a loss, dont bet more than your willing to lose no matter how much u like it.

I hope CC gets my fantasy team a win and you a ML win but I think the safer play is the under, just a feeling

The WSox, ahh man, I want to slap Ozzie. As far as the Cubs go, they are just cursed forever.

I disagree about the Orioles game though. I know the Orioles almost as good as I know the Yankees. I've bet prob over 15 of their games this yr. This is not a hot team, they just swept the ROYALS, a Royals team that previously busted their nut winning 8 of 10. Before that they beat the A's which at this point I don't consider anything special. This is baseball and anything can happen but if Roberts and Tejada are silenced by Pablo Escobar then the Orioles are done. Burress will also get tagged for a few runs along with the bullpen. With Figgins and now Kendrick back, the Angels offense just got better.

As far as being 21 and losing 500 in a game, I am comfortable losing that much money.. I don't like to lose but the wk I lost $3000 didn't make me jump off a bridge. I built my money up and I'm willing to gamble it

Best of Luck today, appreciate the thoughts

Last edited:
damn boy, u musta been slangin heavy. dude, angels r the obvious play but i think vegas is gonna slam people today. trust me dude, verlander's f*ckin bitchass is gonna give up 5+ today.

ETG,
Dont you have MLB TV? Do you like it, is it worth it?
Thanks

I do have MLBTV and at first I didn't like it but that was because my apt at school had a slow ass connection so it wasn't worth it. At home this shit is blazing fast and watching a game is totally different than reading the boxscore. At this point, I give it 2 thumbs up.

Basket - Ya I am locked out of Pinny but that could be a good sign. I have been stalking this line all day and it went from Over 8.5 -120 to Over 8.5 -125. A little bit more and I will get my Under 9, just have to be patient and not miss it.

Whats your speed @home?

Do you have the premium subscription?

I got this Verizon Fiber Optic stuff. I guess its faster than my old Comcast Cable modem.. Its fast. I only have the 400k version and its fine, never skips or anything.

Cleveland Under 8.5+105:

I am waiting on 9 but if it doesn't reach it I will have to do some more thinking and go with my gut.

I think I am an Under only play and that is provided the line hits 9 at Bet Jam from Over 8.5-125...I am the first one to admit I am a CC homer but I won't pay -150 to back him vs. Verlander, I missed that to back him at -130. On the flip side, CC at home has been money this yr and the Tribe at home are real tough. As far as the O/U goes; that extra half run is the difference between losing on 9 runs, pushing on 9runs, or losing on 10runs, the latter two of which I desire. I have been beaten on that half run enough this yr so I am pretty stubborn about it.

Verlander has 4 starts vs. the Tribe, 3 last yr and 1 this yr.

5/26/07 In Detroit Vs. Sabathia: 6ip, 3h, 2r, 2er, 4bb, 5k, 1hr....Score 3-6 Clev
8/26/06 @ Clev Vs. Westbrook: 4.2ip, 10h, 8r, 8er, 1bb, 6k ..... Score 6-8 Clev
7/26/06 @ Clev Vs Sabathia: 6.2ip, 5h, 1r, 1er, 0bb, 8k, 1hr..... Score 4-1
5/27/06 In Detroit Vs. Byrd: 7ip, 7h, 1r, 1er, 1bb, 5k, 1hr.... Score 3-1

The four walks from him last game is a departure from the norm. Over the course of the yr he has walked 4+ guys in 3 of 10 starts. He has walked 1 or less in 6 of 10 starts this yr. I am expecting 1-2er, 3 would be the most the Tribe get off him in 6.1-7ip. I can't remember correctly but didn't Verlander start to fall off somewhere around late August? He is chugging along strong right now so I dont think he gets tagged for 8er again. I feel strongly about that.

Inge and Guillen are out tonight:

Inge Vs. Sabathia: .105 in 38ab
Guillen Vs. Sabathia: .276 in 29ab

Inge being out tonight doesnt hurt the offense, he has only 4 hits in 38 ABs off CC....Guillen has 8 in 29ab, was 0-4 last game but is hitting .320ish on the yr and outside of Sheffield, he has had the most success in his career vs. CC. I would expect Omar Infante to replace Inge at 3rd and that is basically like giving a free out at the moment until proven differently.

Infante Vs. Sabathia: .125 in 16ab, 2hits, also 0-4 last game off CC.

I feel strong seeing a 3-2, 2-2, 2-1 game at the end of 6 or 7 innings. I don't like the Detroit bullpen situation at all as I stated above and the Indians are not shutdown either. Both of these pitchers are horses though so if they keep their pitch counts low they will be able to truck on into the 7th. That is where the ump comes in and presently I don't have the name of the ump but a big strike zone and a mostly Under ump and this play might fly at 8.5+105.

Detroit O/U on the road: 9-15-2
Cleveland O/U at home: 11-10

At 8.5+105 I like this play but it will bother me that I cant get it at 9. At 9, I feel really confident that 10 runs won't be scored combined between the two teams and at worse I walk away with a push.

I have looked at this line all day, I get up to take a shit and it fuken moves against me in 1 minute..DAMN

FINAL PLAYS
Indians Under 8.5 $550 to Win $523.81

Lets roll baby

wow just noticed this

Indians Under 8.5 $812.50 to Win $773.81

I need to properly hedge this bet down to $550 risk. This is a fuken mistake because the line changed as I was putting the bet in

Ya know what... I reread my post.. I sold my self on this play all day. I thought it through a million times.. I just got fucked on the odds of it, the ump sucks and 2 of 3 games last series went over. On the yr the two pitchers combined are 13-7 on the Over but fuck it. This play can easily ruin my night and the last day in May and all the progress I have made this week.

The left side of my brain had a convo with the right side of my brain the result was this:

:balls:

FINAL PLAYS
Indians Under 8.5 $812.50 to Win $773.81

:23_29_107v::23_31_4:

a 3 run 3rd for detroit is a sure way to kill this under..

a 4-4 game and I am done..

CC has to go shutdown and Verlander has to be unhittable or I got no CHANCE

well being that I just got my asked kicked on the total and for $300 more than I liked... Tonight will most likely be ugly..If I can salvage 2-1 it would be a miracle.. I am off to get blackout drunk 2night..hungover picks 2morrow.. fade away people...fade away

***edit...for anyone concerned.. I didnt go get blackout drunk because I ass royally handed to me..Its just a normal Thursday night in the life of ETG. Peace out fellas... Good Luck 2morrow.. Lots of chalk on the card tomorrow when I glanced at it..

well being that I just got my asked kicked on the total and for $300 more than I liked... Tonight will most likely be ugly..If I can salvage 2-1 it would be a miracle.. I am off to get blackout drunk 2night..hungover picks 2morrow.. fade away people...fade away

***edit...for anyone concerned.. I didnt go get blackout drunk because I ass royally handed to me..Its just a normal Thursday night in the life of ETG. Peace out fellas... Good Luck 2morrow.. Lots of chalk on the card tomorrow when I glanced at it..

green, what the fuck did i tell u about verlander. he gave up 5+ just like i fuckin said.

Back